Look at your package carefully....

A Spouse

I am the spouse of a recently severed Novo Nordisk employee. I won't even get started on the process and lack of logic behind the decision or how the paperwork only arrived today, many days after the final day of employment. If the axing of employees would have been based on performance, KPIs, and deep relationships in the field, or access to no-access, high-volume targets, my spouse would still be employed. It was not.

I could go on forever about the above, but if you are in the same boat as my spouse, you know exactly how we feel. And it comes as no surprise the awkward smiling Cheshire Cat HR Executive was forced to walk the plank for Novo, a token Executive sacrifice for a botched and inhumane restructuring. Maybe Novo will have Sting sing her a song or two as she rides her golden parachute to even greater fields of gold. Think about the absurdity. She gets to add a mammoth restructuring to her resume, and someone will hire her for it. Sickening.

Sorry, I got side-tracked. The package. Yes, it arrived today, and I was stopped on page 1 with questions. Just so many questions, questioning all over the place. Remember that vacation time you weren't allowed to take, so you ended up with three weeks unused, maybe more, maybe less. You must have some. Remember how they told you to take it in November and December, when they had already forced you out of the field? Well? Yeah, it's gone. All of it. You won't see a penny due to the slinky maneuvering of the plank walker mentioned in paragraph two of this post. I was fascinated by paragraph 3, line five, of page 1 of the package. It clearly states you are signing to attest you received and have been paid "unused accrued paid time off." What they have done is so monumentally rotten here. Take a breath, a few maybe, then call HR to ask them to explain to why they are asking you to effectively lie by signing this statement. You didn't use your vacation because first, you were told not to take it during the shutdown, then you were told to take it in November and December when you were kept out of the field. It doesn't make sense, that is, until you give them a call.

Okay, you might not want to call, but you should. Every single one of you should call. Clog the phone lines, fill their email. It's spectacularly vicious how they have screwed you out of your careers, and now, to pour salt in the wound (as the plank walker licks her paws), they weaseled you out of unused vacation time. You see, you were employed through January 4, 2021 and you can only role over so many days (but those five days aren't even added to my spouses severance dollar amount). And, what other changes have been made? Well, now, there is no minimum or maximum cap on PTO. January 4th is in 2021, you effectively have no 'actual' accrued vacation time, so you receive nothing. You do not even reveive what you did not use last year. Don't believe it? Check your paystub from January 8, 2021. Look at PTO carefully. It is "uncapped."

Brilliant, no?

Best of luck to all of you in 2021. If Novo offers to hire you back, personally, I'd run the other way. If it wasn't for diabetics, they wouldn't be in business. If you know Type 1 diabetics, talk to them about Lilly. For type 2, especially early stage, a whole foods diet is much less expensive than a GLP-1.

P.S.: In full disclosure, my spouse did not ask me to write this, but I felt I had not choice.

<

Go away! Your husband was fired! Get a life and move on! I bet you drive him nuts and he’s really pissed he’s spending more time with you at home! Get off our board and go cause chaos elsewhere!

Go away! Your husband was fired! Get a life and move on! I bet you drive him nuts and he’s really pissed he’s spending more time with you at home! Get off our board and go cause chaos elsewhere!

You will be next don’t worry. You dumbass. Every word of that OP is true. Novo wants to restructure by passive aggression. See how many people leave. And Novo hires whoever they can beat into manipulation.

I am the spouse of a recently severed Novo Nordisk employee. I won't even get started on the process and lack of logic behind the decision or how the paperwork only arrived today, many days after the final day of employment. If the axing of employees would have been based on performance, KPIs, and deep relationships in the field, or access to no-access, high-volume targets, my spouse would still be employed. It was not.

I could go on forever about the above, but if you are in the same boat as my spouse, you know exactly how we feel. And it comes as no surprise the awkward smiling Cheshire Cat HR Executive was forced to walk the plank for Novo, a token Executive sacrifice for a botched and inhumane restructuring. Maybe Novo will have Sting sing her a song or two as she rides her golden parachute to even greater fields of gold. Think about the absurdity. She gets to add a mammoth restructuring to her resume, and someone will hire her for it. Sickening.

Sorry, I got side-tracked. The package. Yes, it arrived today, and I was stopped on page 1 with questions. Just so many questions, questioning all over the place. Remember that vacation time you weren't allowed to take, so you ended up with three weeks unused, maybe more, maybe less. You must have some. Remember how they told you to take it in November and December, when they had already forced you out of the field? Well? Yeah, it's gone. All of it. You won't see a penny due to the slinky maneuvering of the plank walker mentioned in paragraph two of this post. I was fascinated by paragraph 3, line five, of page 1 of the package. It clearly states you are signing to attest you received and have been paid "unused accrued paid time off." What they have done is so monumentally rotten here. Take a breath, a few maybe, then call HR to ask them to explain to why they are asking you to effectively lie by signing this statement. You didn't use your vacation because first, you were told not to take it during the shutdown, then you were told to take it in November and December when you were kept out of the field. It doesn't make sense, that is, until you give them a call.

Okay, you might not want to call, but you should. Every single one of you should call. Clog the phone lines, fill their email. It's spectacularly vicious how they have screwed you out of your careers, and now, to pour salt in the wound (as the plank walker licks her paws), they weaseled you out of unused vacation time. You see, you were employed through January 4, 2021 and you can only role over so many days (but those five days aren't even added to my spouses severance dollar amount). And, what other changes have been made? Well, now, there is no minimum or maximum cap on PTO. January 4th is in 2021, you effectively have no 'actual' accrued vacation time, so you receive nothing. You do not even reveive what you did not use last year. Don't believe it? Check your paystub from January 8, 2021. Look at PTO carefully. It is "uncapped."

Brilliant, no?

Best of luck to all of you in 2021. If Novo offers to hire you back, personally, I'd run the other way. If it wasn't for diabetics, they wouldn't be in business. If you know Type 1 diabetics, talk to them about Lilly. For type 2, especially early stage, a whole foods diet is much less expensive than a GLP-1.

P.S.: In full disclosure, my spouse did not ask me to write this, but I felt I had not choice.

Only morons solicit legal advice on CP. And, the offer is what it is. Don’t take it. Who fucking cares?

Brilliant, no?

A very well-written, well-informed statement. Obviously an intelligent, articulate person, much more so than anyone who reply in a negative way.
Thank you.

Some displaced reps had 3 checks deposited today and some only had one. HR said it all depends when the payroll gets done and yours should eventually show up. Check ADP site. One check was for 80 hrs of work, second check was pay for Jan 4, single day pay, and third check for 5 days vacation. Be patient. Mine didnt show up yet but four other displaced reps that i spoke with received theirs.
Anyone have that $300 Travel Advance subtracted out of their pay?????

Only morons solicit legal advice on CP. And, the offer is what it is. Don’t take it. Who fucking cares?

can you read? Wait a minute you are still with Novo, probably not. Hey numbnut the OP isn’t ASKING for any advice. Some of us displaced folks appreciate the attention to detail. Hope you have the IQ to get through it when it happens to you.

Some displaced reps had 3 checks deposited today and some only had one. HR said it all depends when the payroll gets done and yours should eventually show up. Check ADP site. One check was for 80 hrs of work, second check was pay for Jan 4, single day pay, and third check for 5 days vacation. Be patient. Mine didnt show up yet but four other displaced reps that i spoke with received theirs.
Anyone have that $300 Travel Advance subtracted out of their pay?????

can you read? Wait a minute you are still with Novo, probably not. Hey numbnut the OP isn’t ASKING for any advice. Some of us displaced folks appreciate the attention to detail. Hope you have the IQ to get through it when it happens to you.

Ok, when I got layed off from NN my Mgr. told me all these memorized BS HR reasons why I was picked blah , blah , blah. Now that managers were caught up in the layoffs , I've never seen so many whiney bitches. I was hired back but, wow, when the shoe is on the other foot, whining bitches. Don't worry I'm sure you are all worth BIG money on the open market. The recruiters will be calling you every day. Bye.

Ok, when I got layed off from NN my Mgr. told me all these memorized BS HR reasons why I was picked blah , blah , blah. Now that managers were caught up in the layoffs , I've never seen so many whiney bitches. I was hired back but, wow, when the shoe is on the other foot, whining bitches. Don't worry I'm sure you are all worth BIG money on the open market. The recruiters will be calling you every day. Bye.
Just lie you. You dumbfu$k

For those of you whom were let go...I’m really sorry but just know there are way better opportunities out there. I left on my own accord in 2019 and I am making way more money and have much better job satisfaction. For those of you good reps who were retained...leave. Novo is dead and will continue to disappoint. Novo will NEVER be the company it was during the good days.

Brilliant, no?

I have no idea who you are, but you nailed it spouse. You articulated so much about a woman you never met, and a company that blew tons of money hiring STING, and all the novo b.s. Yes, some reps that were bottom feeders where pushed out, but some were let go that were top performers. I continue to scratch my head at this one. I am sorry and I hope your spouse gets a better job.