• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Lipitor will have a $4.00 Card starting next week!!

I can not wait to talk to doctors on Monday! What is the best response after the doctor mentions that Lipitor is now only $4.00? Oh yeah, doctor please remember that Crestor has superior LDL reductions and Crestor now has the primary prevention indication! That shoud be worth, what 6 times the price!? Oh and the fact that I have 3 kids under the age of 10 that I need to feed! I am afraid that our time is now up and much sooner than we had ever dreamed possible! Good luck to all!

You are so out of touch with the patient today, it's pathetic. We don't care about your indication and your superior ldl reductions. I'm perfectly controlled on Lipitor and can't wait to start paying $4 for my prescriptions. And, as for your kids, who gives a f__k.

You are so out of touch with the patient today, it's pathetic. We don't care about your indication and your superior ldl reductions. I'm perfectly controlled on Lipitor and can't wait to start paying $4 for my prescriptions. And, as for your kids, who gives a f__k.

The Pfizer startegy is a complete rouse'. In 12 months (when it actually is generic) the $4 atorva will go back to a $15 co-pay. The discount in large part is to switch the simva patients to the 4 dollar pay- while Simva stays at $15. When the generic companys get the atrova patent away from pfizer, they can price it where ever they want- so back to $15 or 3x higher than they paid this year. Patient gets 12 month 4$ break and then screwed 2012.

Pfizer is trying to set the market - Generics will not follow when its their pocket books.

The Pfizer startegy is a complete rouse'. In 12 months (when it actually is generic) the $4 atorva will go back to a $15 co-pay. The discount in large part is to switch the simva patients to the 4 dollar pay- while Simva stays at $15. When the generic companys get the atrova patent away from pfizer, they can price it where ever they want- so back to $15 or 3x higher than they paid this year. Patient gets 12 month 4$ break and then screwed 2012.

Pfizer is trying to set the market - Generics will not follow when its their pocket books.

Sorry pal, you've been drinking the kool-aid for too long. It costs less than a couple of pennies to make Lipitor in the quantities that are consumed in America. There'll be plenty of profit in Lipitor at that price and any generic company with the capacity to meet the gargantuan demand will salivate at the opportunity. Hell Pfizer is making money on it at 4 bucks, and pfizer is a branded pharma co.

Not true!! The Lipitor savings cards last until Dec. 2012. Do you check any facts? Do you spout your incorrect opinions to your customers like you do on here?
If a patient can save a dollar today (and for the next 24months) good for them! Saying they'll be screwed is ridiculous. The price of everything goes up, even crestor. In fact, crestor pricing will probably increase by $20 to about $150 by the time a patient is forced to pay $10 for Lipitor. Or go to tier 3 with $50 co-pay!

Tool

Sorry pal, you've been drinking the kool-aid for too long. It costs less than a couple of pennies to make Lipitor in the quantities that are consumed in America. There'll be plenty of profit in Lipitor at that price and any generic company with the capacity to meet the gargantuan demand will salivate at the opportunity. Hell Pfizer is making money on it at 4 bucks, and pfizer is a branded pharma co.

They're not just getting $4, the $4 is what the patient pays. The insurers also pay. If you're a dumbass w/o insurance, or if you're the US government, you pay FULL PRICE. The generic houses will make a fortune when it's their turn to stick it to the US consumer, too.

Because we all know that Docs and patients are so good about actually giving and redeeming savings cards! What a fucking joke......In my territory providers think savings cards are a complete marketing scam. Look at the Onlgyza savings cards for example, $10 per month and Januvia is still being written.

They're not just getting $4, the $4 is what the patient pays. The insurers also pay. If you're a dumbass w/o insurance, or if you're the US government, you pay FULL PRICE. The generic houses will make a fortune when it's their turn to stick it to the US consumer, too.

Not true, the insurer doesn't pay anything. What are you talking about. Plus if your a "dumbass" cash payer (32 million americans don't have insurance) the card is good for up to $50 per month or $600 for the year.

And these cards aren't good for medicare or Medicaid patients. I doubt fixed income patients using govt. services will be switched to Lipitor, nor should they unless they're failing. They'll stay on the cheapest med available.

Know the facts brotha

If the insurer doesn't pay anything then why is it called a "copay." Who's the other one, in the "co?"

You incorrected me. I'm not a doctor, asshole, you haven't been trained to deal with the real world. Stick to what you are trained to do -- interrupting and incorrecting doctors. And serving up a nice lunch.

What are you talking about? Of course insurance pays, that's why you pay for. They have a risk pool and they hope more people pay in than money goes out. To achieve this they negotiate with Pharmacies, PBM's or even Pharma companies to mitigate those costs with contract pricing.
You know this don't you? Are you saying a Lipitor patient forces the insurance company to pay more for simva? You're probably right it is slightly more (and don't throw AWP at me, that's not the same thing). But if you use that logic, no Doc should ever rx Crestor. It costs the insurance company more money.
I could personally give a shit if I had diabetes or a past MI, I'd be on lipitor or Crestor and the insurance company could eat it.
And again, the Lipitor savings cards can't be used by Medicare or Medicaid patients. They'll stay on Simva until next Dec. when they'll be moved to generic Atorvastatin.
And I still can't believe you rip on the uninsured people. There's a good chance you will join their ranks soon. Hopefully temporarily, but join them you will.

Not true!! The Lipitor savings cards last until Dec. 2012. Do you check any facts? Do you spout your incorrect opinions to your customers like you do on here?
If a patient can save a dollar today (and for the next 24months) good for them! Saying they'll be screwed is ridiculous. The price of everything goes up, even crestor. In fact, crestor pricing will probably increase by $20 to about $150 by the time a patient is forced to pay $10 for Lipitor. Or go to tier 3 with $50 co-pay!

Tool

Hey Fuckchop the card ends in Nov 31 2011. So your telling me when RANBAXY INC or Teva INC gets the patent they will keep the price at $4 - No Fn' way- not when the mkt bears Simv at $15. The Generics will make the most of a drug when it has this type of penetration. Why give it away.

Economics my man

Yea there making 6 times less than they did per Rx than they did last year- question is how many pats/Rxs wil it take for then to make up the loss- they do stand to get ahell of lot more pats- but how long to break even, after the drop price and the 3oo million to launch all the new paper co pay cards, fees they pay to they're processing compainies.

Hey, we have all been saved!! The Crestor marketing team just put out a Q and A on how to handle the many questions that we will get on the Lipitor $4.00 CARDS. So, please take a look and you will be fine come January 3rd!! We will still be expected to grow Crestor Market share because that was forecasted months before all of this happened. I give the MCR's about 2 months before the sales force is reduced dramatically! There will be no new RX's for Crestor when you can get Lipitor for $4.00.

Hey Fuckchop the card ends in Nov 31 2011. So your telling me when RANBAXY INC or Teva INC gets the patent they will keep the price at $4 - No Fn' way- not when the mkt bears Simv at $15. The Generics will make the most of a drug when it has this type of penetration. Why give it away.

Economics my man

Sorry many, you're wrong. I had a provider hand me a card today. It says good thru 12/2012!!!! If you think about it, Lipitor will cost $48 per year. Hopefully these cards will be used as much as crestor savings cards.

This is Pfizers way of taking on the generic co's. Plus, Lipitor goes generic in Nov. 2011, and Ranbaxy or Teva will have generic exclusivity for 6 months. This is a great way for Pfizer to blunt the 1st generic on the market.

Sorry many, you're wrong. I had a provider hand me a card today. It says good thru 12/2012!!!! If you think about it, Lipitor will cost $48 per year. Hopefully these cards will be used as much as crestor savings cards.

This is Pfizers way of taking on the generic co's. Plus, Lipitor goes generic in Nov. 2011, and Ranbaxy or Teva will have generic exclusivity for 6 months. This is a great way for Pfizer to blunt the 1st generic on the market.

Just look at the Lipitor web site. It's all right there. Good until 2012. Not valid for use for patients on Medicaid or other government programs.

Lipitor will have a spike in NRx but I wouldnt expect it to be nearly as large as everyone is saying...the sky has already fallen once zocor went generic and over 50% of all new scripts go to simva...talk to any Abbott rep about cheap co-pay cards and how successfull you will be ($5 co pay cards for all of their products for the past 2yrs)...it drove some buzz and talk but at the end of the day docs still write what they want and what is perceived to be the cheapest and easiest to get through insurance...Pfizer will have a finite amount of cards offered to patients and not all pharmacies will honor them just so the pharmacist can pad his generic fill rate...doctors are lazy about giving out cards and pharmacist's are even worse about putting them through and they will tell the patient that simva is a better option than lipitor anyways...I wouldn't freak out over this...there are way too many layers to getting a branded script filled..step edits, PA's, medicare, pharmacist, co-pay cards...for this to cannibalize the market...now go sell something!! sorry i was trying to be funny, everyone knows we dont sell anything

Lipitor will have a spike in NRx but I wouldnt expect it to be nearly as large as everyone is saying...the sky has already fallen once zocor went generic and over 50% of all new scripts go to simva...talk to any Abbott rep about cheap co-pay cards and how successfull you will be ($5 co pay cards for all of their products for the past 2yrs)...it drove some buzz and talk but at the end of the day docs still write what they want and what is perceived to be the cheapest and easiest to get through insurance...Pfizer will have a finite amount of cards offered to patients and not all pharmacies will honor them just so the pharmacist can pad his generic fill rate...doctors are lazy about giving out cards and pharmacist's are even worse about putting them through and they will tell the patient that simva is a better option than lipitor anyways...I wouldn't freak out over this...there are way too many layers to getting a branded script filled..step edits, PA's, medicare, pharmacist, co-pay cards...for this to cannibalize the market...now go sell something!! sorry i was trying to be funny, everyone knows we dont sell anything

This will compete for the higher risk patients, specifically the Crestor patient type.It will not impact generic utilization. The clinician interest is in a low copay for the patient versus the Crestor tier two copay of thirty dollars a month. Then an easy transition to generic atorva.
Simple message for Pfizer, and it will impact the Crestor share growth in many markets.

Commercial insurance will be totally Lipitor. It will be tier 1. It will dominate the generics and will be demanded by patients. It's a very dark time for Crestor. Very dark.