• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Let's make this abundantly clear

anonymous

besides the pathetically low base pay, the benefits at Allergan are some of the worst in the industry. I have never in my life seen such average benefits all the way down to the PTO time.

<

Allergan will continuously attract new reps right out of college and poor talent. They won't change this until they increase salaries in their specialty divisions. Imagine the sales of they recruited real talent.

besides the pathetically low base pay, the benefits at Allergan are some of the worst in the industry. I have never in my life seen such average benefits all the way down to the PTO time.

Hmm. That's funny. 3+ weeks of vacation for entry level. 8% 401k match. Those suck right? What is wrong with you? Go work in another industry and see what you get.

ummm, in what division do you get 8% 401 K match or 3 weeks starting out? I've been here closer to a decade and never heard of such.

You're the one that is crazy. I like how you state 3 weeks for "entry level" as if the vacation time is different for experienced representatives. You either A.) Have to be a manager or B.) you're trying to convince yourself that your job is great. Most competitive companies start off with 4 weeks. Seasoned reps gets way more than 3 weeks. Three weeks vacation is pretty crappy. The 401k match is good...if you had a decent base and pay to make that count. There should be no denying that the base pay here is embarrassing low. And no, you don't make that up in bonus. What a laugh. So, one can forgive the average benefits if the pay was decent, but it isn't.

You're the one that is crazy. I like how you state 3 weeks for "entry level" as if the vacation time is different for experienced representatives. You either A.) Have to be a manager or B.) you're trying to convince yourself that your job is great. Most competitive companies start off with 4 weeks. Seasoned reps gets way more than 3 weeks. Three weeks vacation is pretty crappy. The 401k match is good...if you had a decent base and pay to make that count. There should be no denying that the base pay here is embarrassing low. And no, you don't make that up in bonus. What a laugh. So, one can forgive the average benefits if the pay was decent, but it isn't.

I'm not crazy unless the benefits have changed or you came into Allergan as an activis or forest employee. Last I checked it was 2 weeks not including the holiday schedule and a 4% match. Did I miss something?

I'm not crazy unless the benefits have changed or you came into Allergan as an activis or forest employee. Last I checked it was 2 weeks not including the holiday schedule and a 4% match. Did I miss something?

Forest was 2 weeks vacation until 2012, when new hires started receiving 3 weeks. The 401k match was also 4% before Actavis so I think you might want to study up on the HR portal as your information is about 3 years out of date.

As an aside, the 4% match was in addition to a 4-6% profit share that usually averaged 5 and never went below 4. The vacation was in addition to 9 sick and 5 personal days, so not apples to apples with the current policies in either example.

Forest was 2 weeks vacation until 2012, when new hires started receiving 3 weeks. The 401k match was also 4% before Actavis so I think you might want to study up on the HR portal as your information is about 3 years out of date.

As an aside, the 4% match was in addition to a 4-6% profit share that usually averaged 5 and never went below 4. The vacation was in addition to 9 sick and 5 personal days, so not apples to apples with the current policies in either example.

You've bee out of touch what in terms of what other companies give in benefits. Forest is definitely not a good example as they are the most basic of all companies that contracting companies offer better benefits.

Well HR professor, please tell me where to find this profit sharing on the AGN portal and I'll gladly look into it. Funny how my info is 3 years old considering the companies haven't been mergered that long.

If you think the compensation is not competitive, then why are you here? If you're answer is that you can't find a better paying job, then the pay is exactly what it should be for your skills.

If you think the compensation is not competitive, then why are you here? If you're answer is that you can't find a better paying job, then the pay is exactly what it should be for your skills.

Do you think there is only one person that feels this way? You are sadly mistaken. The company does a great job of promising that bonus will compensate for the poor base. They are liars. Me he bonus plan continues to disappoint. With that said, no one can argue that the actual base pay is significantly lower than competitive companies. In the end, all companies offer an uncapped bonus. Most competitive companies are minimally around 115k base and higher with competitive bonus plans.

Dumba$$. The problem is the majority are working here with a temporary commitment. We have one foot out the door and just haven't found a better opportunity YET. BUT WE WILL...talent will follow the best compensation/benefits which leads them away from Allergan. Not only is the turnover high but Allergan is never going to get optimal performance with this ho-hum check the box culture. Personally I don't think upper management thinks they need to create a high performance sales team culture to get what they need to be successful.

I can see you have never been a part of an organization that creates a comp system/culture that gets everyone completely pumped and focused on outperforming. There's an excitement in the air. That simply does not exist here. All the while, Allergan sacrifices the chance to reach the full sales team potential.

You've bee out of touch what in terms of what other companies give in benefits. Forest is definitely not a good example as they are the most basic of all companies that contracting companies offer better benefits.

Huh? I didn't say it was good or bad. I just assumed the OP was a Forest rep let go before Actavis came in because the benefits quoted closely aligned with legacy Forest.