• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Let the FAT trimming begin!

<

How many times do we have to tell you? It is all due to our "customer driven model". Our customers have spoken and said they don't want as many reps calling on them so we are modeling our sales force to match our customer's needs!

How many times do we have to tell you? It is all due to our "customer driven model". Our customers have spoken and said they don't want as many reps calling on them so we are modeling our sales force to match our customer's needs!

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this. Who has a better business mind, the average doctor, or, say, AAJ (or any other member of our Leadership team)? We are sitting on the precipice of 15 years or jaw-dropping quarterly growth, with a pipeline packed with mega-blockbusters Victoza, Saxenda, Tresiba, oral insulin, Deglu-Liraglutide and Saxenda.

From a very good source, I happen to know that restructuring means the addition of 1 to 2 full field forces by December of 2016. And not a minute too soon!

I'm sorry, but I don't buy this. Who has a better business mind, the average doctor, or, say, AAJ (or any other member of our Leadership team)? We are sitting on the precipice of 15 years or jaw-dropping quarterly growth, with a pipeline packed with mega-blockbusters Victoza, Saxenda, Tresiba, oral insulin, Deglu-Liraglutide and Saxenda.

From a very good source, I happen to know that restructuring means the addition of 1 to 2 full field forces by December of 2016. And not a minute too soon!

Do you cut-n-paste the same corporate PR drivel in response to every post? We must be desperate to have put someone like you on the payroll. In case you didnt know Saxenda and Victoza arent in "our pipeline". And as for those others? Well, if half of us are still here when they launch, I'd be surprised. We need to pare down the redundancies out here. And for Pete's sake, will someone do a surprise inspection of an IDCS team "covering" a major teaching hospital system?

I look forward to a regurgitated response.

OK, then explain why half of the reps in California have resigned? Now I only speak for Ca, but maybe the same in other Regions, I only know what's happening here

Georgia for sure, she sucked as a rep, sucked as a manager. Time for her to go.

Did not know her personally but her reputation was legendary, apparently she was a DBM in Tennessee prior to being in Georgia (although she started out as a rep in GA), her District hated her. HR has a file a mile long on this ex-manager. Treated her rep's as pawns, would always pit one against the other. Sad that Novo values this kind of leadership. DBM's forced down as rep's last more than 2 months.

Did not know her personally but her reputation was legendary, apparently she was a DBM in Tennessee prior to being in Georgia (although she started out as a rep in GA), her District hated her. HR has a file a mile long on this ex-manager. Treated her rep's as pawns, would always pit one against the other. Sad that Novo values this kind of leadership. DBM's forced down as rep's last more than 2 months.

My bad, "last NO more than 2 months"

True, but the opposite must be true as well... she must have the goods on somebody, or she would have been out the door long ago. She is undoubtedly holding a couple of Aces in her hand, ready to take someone(s) down with her.

Georgia for sure, she sucked as a rep, sucked as a manager. Time for her to go.

Smart companies like Amgen have a formal DBM selection and hiring program in place. We seem to be like the Pfizers and Mercks and BMS of the late 90s, where any swingin' *&^% can be a DBM, as long as they had strong political ties to an RBD or AVP.

For example, how many people laid off from BMS did SNOY bring with him?