• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Lern nothing, PPD Gateway to hell, CIA PIA

All of the above postings have great points, and I agree with most of it. I think we need to separate this into two different topics, Abbvie and CC. As far as Abbvie goes, just like most of big corporations, it's just a game that you choose to play, or don't choose to play. To move into the management ranks, yes, you must be bright and intelligent, but not necessarily in terms of book smarts. Like the above poster said, to move up you need to show your superiors you are on board with just about everything that Abbvie puts in front of you. If you feel in your heart and mind that something is broke, do not try to fix it. That is considered negative, and you will be carrying a bag, at best, forever here. That's step one. To move further up the management chain you must be able to convey the "everything is great here" message to your reps and keep them motivated any way possible. You also have to continue to "yes, whatever you say sounds like a great idea to me" your superiors to death. This formula weeds out many of the people with pride, a mind of their own, dignity, etc. It also ultimately will weed out many intelligent, hard working people who just get frustrated and either coast or move on.
As far as CC goes, they really can't give reps more of a "wink wink" than they have. What else can they say? If they say we are planning on eliminating or combining or reducing the numbers of certain sales forces, the next question will be, why? Then the question becomes, what is the new structure going to look like, and that all has to be made public first. I think they have, at this point, made it obvious they are trying to push their CC "children" out of the nest. I know it is nice and warm and comfy, but be realistic, it's time to make a move, internally or externally.