• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Leo's Gardening, Cooking and Travel Tips

Peach Cobbler

1 bag of peaches

Wife peals peaches and cuts them up

She puts some other stuff in a dish

Mixes them together

Puts it in the oven for awhile

She takes it out and then puts it in a bowl with Vanilla Ice Cream

Enjoy!

Thank god! A thread about food and not sex!

Here's a tip from Rachel Ray................

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=P4lYMFiwABI&feature=related

Funny I do not distinguish between the two. Sex is food and good food and wine is almost like sex
This thread is the result of too much e-sex.
Nice to see some good recipes too guys, thanks for sharing you know how to smoke the old man out....any one for dinner and some light petting?

Hope everyone is healthy, jobs secure for those still working, job searches going well for those searching, and everyone getting enough in the sack!

Peach Cobbler

1 bag of peaches

Wife peals peaches and cuts them up (you mean peel?)

She puts some other stuff in a dish What other stuff?

Mixes them together

Puts it in the oven for awhile (temp and length of cooking time?

She takes it out and then puts it in a bowl with Vanilla Ice Cream

Enjoy!

Great recipe paleface. Just needs a little tweaking....

I could share my preparation of squirrel. Think that would go thru? (sorry about peel)

Not really interested in squirrel - I figure I could use the same recipe for possom.

I WOULD like to know the ingredients for the cobbler part of peach cobbler. I can't ever get mine to crust up and brown the way I want.

As for peel? We all make a mistake or two now and then. Even me.

Not really interested in squirrel - I figure I could use the same recipe for possom.

I WOULD like to know the ingredients for the cobbler part of peach cobbler. I can't ever get mine to crust up and brown the way I want.

As for peel? We all make a mistake or two now and then. Even me.

Possum is usually in tomato sauce. I fry the squirrel.

I asked the wife about the cobbler. Do you apply dough strips or totally cover? Apparently it makes a difference.

Possum is usually in tomato sauce. I fry the squirrel.

I asked the wife about the cobbler. Do you apply dough strips or totally cover? Apparently it makes a difference.

Possom is good in mushroom soup mixed with Lipton's Onion Soup Mix, too.

I usually have a batter that I pour into the bottom of a 9x9 dish, then put peaches on top of the batter. It cooks up and around the peaches. I think I need to do some kind of a sugar crisp thing on top.

Possom is good in mushroom soup mixed with Lipton's Onion Soup Mix, too.

I usually have a batter that I pour into the bottom of a 9x9 dish, then put peaches on top of the batter. It cooks up and around the peaches. I think I need to do some kind of a sugar crisp thing on top.

I've never had possum that way but one day I may try that.

As far as the cobbler, you make it the way my momma made it. I think hers crisped because of the type of oven.

My wife puts a top on it because I like the crust. Sorta like a pie. She said she got it out of one of the magazines that I hate to find around but they do have some good food in it sometimes. Lots of sugar and cinnamon in it too.

Also I'm actually looking at a piece of property w/ a grist mill on it. Smooth grits and cornmeal from now on if I cut that deal.

Have any of you ever tried the Hormel precooked bacon from Sam's or Costco? I had some this past weekend and it tastes really good. Takes about 15 seconds (depends on how much you need to heat) in the microwave and a lot less grease than the other.

Just keep it in the freezer and pull it out piece by piece.

Have any of you ever tried the Hormel precooked bacon from Sam's or Costco? I had some this past weekend and it tastes really good. Takes about 15 seconds (depends on how much you need to heat) in the microwave and a lot less grease than the other.

Just keep it in the freezer and pull it out piece by piece.

I hate pre-cooked stuff but I have to tell you DD, that bacon is the exception! I always have it in the freezer now for a quick BLT or in the am when my kids are over.

Although I am a yankee, my heart is antebellum south. I make the best grits this side of mason dixon. I like them smooth and loose like my women!

A tip for our travelling friends this summer: If going to EU, don't exchange Euro for dollars yet, the E 1.21 rate will drop even more. Wait till the last minute ad exchange at your bank not the airport or in Eu.

I make the best grits this side of mason dixon.

pffft!

Cheese Grits w/Bacon

4 cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups regular grits
3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cooked bacon crumbled

In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Adjust the heat to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter. When it has melted, begin to pour in the grits with one hand while constantly whisking long-handled wooden spoon and stir until the grits become thick and absorb the liquid. This should take from 7 to 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cheese, green onions and Tabasco. Combine everything thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.

Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter an 8-inch square pan, or other similar-sized baking pan, and spread the grits into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until they are heated through. Add crumbled bacon over the top. Cook another 10 minutes. Serve hot.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

pffft!

Cheese Grits w/Bacon

4 cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups regular grits
3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cooked bacon crumbled

In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Adjust the heat to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter. When it has melted, begin to pour in the grits with one hand while constantly whisking long-handled wooden spoon and stir until the grits become thick and absorb the liquid. This should take from 7 to 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cheese, green onions and Tabasco. Combine everything thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.

Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter an 8-inch square pan, or other similar-sized baking pan, and spread the grits into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until they are heated through. Add crumbled bacon over the top. Cook another 10 minutes. Serve hot.

Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Just forwarded this to the wife. Why is Leo making yankee grits? I bet that's a mess.

Anyone know how to make Mac & cheese so you get that brown crunchy on the bottom? Grilled chicken & salad tonight for the Laker game. Would love some crunchy Mac & cheese.

Anyone know how to make Mac & cheese so you get that brown crunchy on the bottom? Grilled chicken & salad tonight for the Laker game. Would love some crunchy Mac & cheese.

You have to make it in a glass casserole dish and basically overcook it a bit for the bottom to brown. Most like the top brown and crunchy.

spray the bottom of a 9 x 9 glass casserole dish with butter spray and put COOKED elbow macaroni (8 oz. box) in it.

in a bowl mix together:

1 can evaporated milk
1 egg
2 cups shredded cheese (extra sharp)

Pour over the elbow macaroni and work it around with a fork. You might have to add a little more milk to the mixture. Sprinkle another cup or so of shredded cheese. Dot the top with butter

cook 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes - the bottom should start browning and getting crusty after about 50 minutes. If you want the top browned and kind of crusty, turn the broiler on for about 5 minutes.

I rarely make it this way anymore. I usually use the crockpot method with a slow cooker liner, so I don't have to clean up the mess.

Well fuck da botha yas.
I'm a yankee and I challenge any fucking redneck to a grit cook-off.
I'll take on that little wench DD with her fucking pfft. Ow about it baby?
We can do it on my boat when I sail down to HH. If I win I have my way with you for one night. If you win I find you a job.
My grits kick ass and are known through out the north east.

You have to make it in a glass casserole dish and basically overcook it a bit for the bottom to brown. Most like the top brown and crunchy.

spray the bottom of a 9 x 9 glass casserole dish with butter spray and put COOKED elbow macaroni (8 oz. box) in it.

in a bowl mix together:

1 can evaporated milk
1 egg
2 cups shredded cheese (extra sharp)

Pour over the elbow macaroni and work it around with a fork. You might have to add a little more milk to the mixture. Sprinkle another cup or so of shredded cheese. Dot the top with butter

cook 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes - the bottom should start browning and getting crusty after about 50 minutes. If you want the top browned and kind of crusty, turn the broiler on for about 5 minutes.

I rarely make it this way anymore. I usually use the crockpot method with a slow cooker liner, so I don't have to clean up the mess.

I am fucking impressed with your culinary skills DD.
You are giving me a woodie just thinking about you running around the kitchen
with nothing on but a little apron and a wooden spoon.
Are you a trained chef?

Well fuck da botha yas.
I'm a yankee and I challenge any fucking redneck to a grit cook-off.
I'll take on that little wench DD with her fucking pfft. Ow about it baby?
We can do it on my boat when I sail down to HH. If I win I have my way with you for one night. If you win I find you a job.
My grits kick ass and are known through out the north east.

I'm sure she doesn't want to sail the Hershey waterway so you can kill that idea. You can't cook grits boy so just let this one go. Feel free to post quiche recipes though.