• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Launch "Lunch and Learn" budgets

Anonymous

Instructions from leadership were to schedule as many “lunch and learns” for the first three months of launch, especially in March, as you can. Expectation was at least four per week in March!

Email that just came down from leadership gives the sales force a first month “ lunch and learn” budget average of less than $2200.00 per rep.

Keep in mind; we cannot bring in cheap pizza because of the food policy!!!!!!
I will state this again............If leadership cannot get the small things right, how can they launch a potential billion dollar product properly???????

We (the sales force-primary and oncology) have seen and continue to see failure at all levels of management.

20 working days in March, 20 “lunch and learns”….just over $100 per lunch??????

Really????

<

Instructions from leadership were to schedule as many “lunch and learns” for the first three months of launch, especially in March, as you can. Expectation was at least four per week in March!

Email that just came down from leadership gives the sales force a first month “ lunch and learn” budget average of less than $2200.00 per rep.

Keep in mind; we cannot bring in cheap pizza because of the food policy!!!!!!
I will state this again............If leadership cannot get the small things right, how can they launch a potential billion dollar product properly???????

We (the sales force-primary and oncology) have seen and continue to see failure at all levels of management.

20 working days in March, 20 “lunch and learns”….just over $100 per lunch??????

Really????

Are you freakin kidding me? I'm going to be spending $100/month EASY based on this "schedule as many as you can" motto! Now I get to cancel them all over again??

If leadership cannot get the small things right, how can they launch a potential billion dollar product properly???????

You really ask too many questions! OB knows the best. He will fuck this thing up like many other things and then will blame the reps for not being smart. By the way, the budgetary limitations will not be applied to the management team and OB.

Eisai is not getting the small things right, that is the problem. Small mistakes lead to bigger problems down the road.

They ask us to "live the values"???????

Why should I be “IN”?

100 a lunch and learn? We were told $90 per lunch or 450 per week. Flexible and adaptable folks!!!!

That's because you're DM is flexiblerer and adaptablerer than any other DM. Are you doing weekly expense reports so she can reallocate dollars left unspent? It's a joke. I never thought that a new drug launch would be handicapped like this. At the very least they should put together a corporate catering program nationwide. 20 lunches capped at $2000. Keeping it healthy of course.

Their are alot of real good places to get food for cheap. Are budget aren't bad. Be smart how you spend are money. Offices are just glad they get free food. There grateful no matter what you bring them as long as you are nice and have a great product like us to detail them.

Their are alot of real good places to get food for cheap. Are budget aren't bad. Be smart how you spend are money. Offices are just glad they get free food. There grateful no matter what you bring them as long as you are nice and have a great product like us to detail them.

Really? So you know what the catering prices are for all territories...my guess is LA, SF, NYC, etc. is a heck of a lot more expensive than mid/small markets. Oh umm I wonder where the big indexes for this drug will be...not in the 'Fat Belt' of the midwest/southeast...it will be Beverly Hills, 5th Ave., South Beach...yeah you're right genius, this is 'plenty' of money to launch a drug that the company it’s pinning its hope on to save it in NA.

Again I always say this but dummies like are perfect for this place!

I was just saying, are lunch budget is good if you know how to order. Their are plenty of places that will cut prices to get are business. You can also pick up the food too avoid there delivery fee. That could save you a lots of budget. I really believe their are offices waiting to hear about are new med and they will be so excited they won't care what kinds of food we bring them. Lets go get them!!!!!!!!

I was just saying, are lunch budget is good if you know how to order. Their are plenty of places that will cut prices to get are business. You can also pick up the food too avoid there delivery fee. That could save you a lots of budget. I really believe their are offices waiting to hear about are new med and they will be so excited they won't care what kinds of food we bring them. Lets go get them!!!!!!!!

Are you f’ing serious? Wow…you have got to be the stupidest rep in the world…perfect for Eisai. Please tell me you still pick up food on your own and carry into the offices…please tell me you are that unprofessional. Please tell me that to save $40 in delivery fee’s for a multi-billion dollar company to lose what little integrity we may still have in this business by looking like a delivery boy/caterer versus at least appearing to have a modicum of professionalism. You are exactly what is wrong with this industry…want to be treated with respect stop looking and acting like a delivery boy and try to look like a sales professional. I know it’s hard this is pharma after all but it can be done, I assure you.

Thanks to Tokyo for weighing in. Me love you long time!

Please tell me English isn't your first language. Your misuse of "are" vs "our" and "there" vs "their" is embarrassing.

Are you f’ing serious? Wow…you have got to be the stupidest rep in the world…perfect for Eisai. Please tell me you still pick up food on your own and carry into the offices…please tell me you are that unprofessional. Please tell me that to save $40 in delivery fee’s for a multi-billion dollar company to lose what little integrity we may still have in this business by looking like a delivery boy/caterer versus at least appearing to have a modicum of professionalism. You are exactly what is wrong with this industry…want to be treated with respect stop looking and acting like a delivery boy and try to look like a sales professional. I know it’s hard this is pharma after all but it can be done, I assure you.

You are right. Offices will have no respect for someone trying to save money. Physicians are business people and will appreciate someone managing resources with responsibility. They also respect someone that is willing to do a little extra eg pick up food vs pay a delivery charge.

Pharma's bad rap comes from the outrageous spending in the past.