Lars, Doug, Maryellen - MUST READ

anonymous

Shameful.
Just shameful the way this whole layoff has taken place. Very few dispute the need for change, though the way it was done has been a complete failure in both a business perspective and a human perspective.
This is capped off by HR’s utter and complete FAILURE to get people their severance packages, including healthcare information. Currently I have NO validation that I have healthcare coverage through COBRA. I have a child whose essential medical care was DENIED yesterday.

Are you kidding me ?

Lars - you need to hold people accountable for this failure. Someone’s ass needs to be walked out the door. Now.

<

Shameful.
Just shameful the way this whole layoff has taken place. Very few dispute the need for change, though the way it was done has been a complete failure in both a business perspective and a human perspective.
This is capped off by HR’s utter and complete FAILURE to get people their severance packages, including healthcare information. Currently I have NO validation that I have healthcare coverage through COBRA. I have a child whose essential medical care was DENIED yesterday.

Are you kidding me ?

Lars - you need to hold people accountable for this failure. Someone’s ass needs to be walked out the door. Now.

^^^THIS. Disgraceful way to treat employees. I was once proud to say I worked for this company.

Shameful.

Are you kidding me ?

Disgraceful - I am very sorry for you. Lars has lost control of his completely inept Executive team - Doug, Monique etc. completely useless. Shame on you...

Shameful.

Are you kidding me ?

There are mandatory time periods that pass before you get anything. You have insurance - it was paid on Jan 1, while you were still an employee. Rather than taking to CP, just go read a few things about how severance and insurance work when you get laid off, and you’ll realize NNI is handling this exactly the way mandated by law and the same as every other company.

There are mandatory time periods that pass before you get anything. You have insurance - it was paid on Jan 1, while you were still an employee. Rather than taking to CP, just go read a few things about how severance and insurance work when you get laid off, and you’ll realize NNI is handling this exactly the way mandated by law and the same as every other company.

Not true....I know of multiple reps who have been laid off from Novo and other companies and they ALL had their packages on the date of their separation. It’s disgraceful the way this company has handled this process. Not one word about laptops,cars,phones, severance, insurance etc. And to make matters worse, you call HR and every person give you a different answer! Ridiculous and I am SO thankful I’m out.

These "leaders" have had ample time to have packages mailed out. We are in a pandemic and those that were laid off go into the new year with no health insurance. What a joke. Not to mention we are in a pandemic. The forms should have been sent before the end of the year. Keep believing that NNI is a great place to work...you look like a fool.

FALSE. Not having separation papers prior to the last day of employment is absolutely not normal. Not with other companies or with Novo in the past. This is a fucking shit show.

Shameful.

Are you kidding me ?

I'm sorry you were displaced, but there should be no reason your insurance has lapsed. When COBRA kicks in you will have the same plan, coverage and ID#s. Nothing changes in terms of actual coverage until/if you opt out of COBRA when NNI stops paying.

But I do agree with your other points, 100%. Maybe that's why we saw the HR resignation today.

Insurance lapses on the last day of employment. Cobra packet takes a month or more after last day of employment. In the meantime, medical expenses are out of pocket. You can claim those bills retroactively when cobra paperwork is done. I have 2700 in bills that I had to pay already and will not receive my cobra paperwork for a month. Agree that this is not as smooth as other companies, is frustrating, and is typical of Novo to be disorganized and vague.

Insurance lapses on the last day of employment. Cobra packet takes a month or more after last day of employment. In the meantime, medical expenses are out of pocket. You can claim those bills retroactively when cobra paperwork is done. I have 2700 in bills that I had to pay already and will not receive my cobra paperwork for a month. Agree that this is not as smooth as other companies, is frustrating, and is typical of Novo to be disorganized and vague.

it’s called savings

I'm sorry you were displaced, but there should be no reason your insurance has lapsed. When COBRA kicks in you will have the same plan, coverage and ID#s. Nothing changes in terms of actual coverage until/if you opt out of COBRA when NNI stops paying.

But I do agree with your other points, 100%. Maybe that's why we saw the HR resignation today.

who resigned?

I got a notification from UPS (because I signed up for them) today that I have a delivery tomorrow from Novo Nordisk, and I’m sure it’s not a $400 achievers card or a box of wild salmon.
It has to be the severance papers. Yes, this company does things a little different. You say we have insurance after January 4, not true, it’s not locked and loaded as of yet. If you pick up a prescription, your CVS Caremark card will not work. You must pay for the prescription and then submit your receipt once the Cobra insurance is locked and loaded. Eventually you will have access to your health benefits through Wage Works, it’s in the Q&A. You can go in wage works now and swap out your NNI email address with your personal email and set up your preferences on receiving statements and such.
Waiting for all this shit to take place is frustrating. I think we all want closure and yet we all have a company car sitting in our driveway and an IPad, iPhone and Laptop all sitting in a box or hefty bag waiting to be picked you. Shame on you Novo.

Just want to say this has truly been a mess. I don't think the complaint is paying out of pocket until cobra is taken care of but its the lack of information from human resources, no real timelines and very vague information. It depends what kind of out of pocket you are referring too Typical visits are one thing to save receipts for but catastrophic is another story. I have run into an emergency situation that requires surgery for a spouse which is a fortune out of pocket. I presented my insurance cards and was immediately told they were inactive, so now it is up to me to figure this out. Could be as late as early February until my benefits are valid. I think its safe to say its hard to shell out 40,000 plus just trusting to be reimbursed as things have played out this year. Certainly I wish I were retained, I valued my job, but really this whole process could have been handled in a better manner. No real idea when the separation money will arrive, everything has been less than transparent since the announcement in August.

Just want to say this has truly been a mess. I don't think the complaint is paying out of pocket until cobra is taken care of but its the lack of information from human resources, no real timelines and very vague information. It depends what kind of out of pocket you are referring too Typical visits are one thing to save receipts for but catastrophic is another story. I have run into an emergency situation that requires surgery for a spouse which is a fortune out of pocket. I presented my insurance cards and was immediately told they were inactive, so now it is up to me to figure this out. Could be as late as early February until my benefits are valid. I think its safe to say its hard to shell out 40,000 plus just trusting to be reimbursed as things have played out this year. Certainly I wish I were retained, I valued my job, but really this whole process could have been handled in a better manner. No real idea when the separation money will arrive, everything has been less than transparent since the announcement in August.

They are making sure they let people know that if you were let go, you are not welcome, unlike the past years. What business rules?? NONE. They let biases come into play, Novo you are going to get your ass sued. I hope you do. Fucking with loyal employees after you rob them of their livelihood. Then let managers play God. People losing health insurance. So roll Mary Ellens head roll, when the whole executive team should be gone!