• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

Job Boards - Med Reps?

Med reps used to be good. Now its a big fucking scam that "auto enrolls" you for more money without your permission. They won't refund your money regardless of what you say or do. You have to email them and request not to be charged prior to them fucking your bank account. If you don't see it in the fine print when you sign up... they fuck you over.

No one is using recruiters anymore. They don't need to pay an outside firm to find candidates when they get 1,000 resumes a day. Medreps is a waste of time and money.

Med reps used to be good. Now its a big fucking scam that "auto enrolls" you for more money without your permission. They won't refund your money regardless of what you say or do. You have to email them and request not to be charged prior to them fucking your bank account. If you don't see it in the fine print when you sign up... they fuck you over.

No one is using recruiters anymore. They don't need to pay an outside firm to find candidates when they get 1,000 resumes a day. Medreps is a waste of time and money.

Complete shit, do not waste you money. Most jobs are device jobs that pay shit and hate pharma reps to boot

I disagree. While direct referrals are the best way to get jobs, recruiters are still being used for most pharma companies. If you dont have a contact or are referred by a recruiter, you are screwed. BUT, be cautious of fly by night recruiters that are not actually hired by the company.

If you are out of work, Med Reps is tax deductible as a job hunting expense and is worth the expense (just mark your calendar when the auto renewal is coming due). Just like applying in general, you will get a bite on 1 of every 8 or 10 resumes submitted. BUT, you still have to tailor your resume to the job and sell yourself to the recruiter as they get buried in resumes. I used them for 9 months and did get a pharma job that was advertised no where else but on Med Reps. This was a PHARMA job not a Med device job. If you think MedReps can get you from pharma into devices, forget it. That only happens with serious connections as device companies and recruiters hirec by them hate pharma. There is a lot of junk jobs on MedReps but is you are serious about job hunting try it, I wish I had mush sooner than I did.

I will prepare for those telling me I am full of shit but I am a former AZ rep that had success. Not everyone has a similar story.

I disagree. While direct referrals are the best way to get jobs, recruiters are still being used for most pharma companies. If you dont have a contact or are referred by a recruiter, you are screwed. BUT, be cautious of fly by night recruiters that are not actually hired by the company.

If you are out of work, Med Reps is tax deductible as a job hunting expense and is worth the expense (just mark your calendar when the auto renewal is coming due). Just like applying in general, you will get a bite on 1 of every 8 or 10 resumes submitted. BUT, you still have to tailor your resume to the job and sell yourself to the recruiter as they get buried in resumes. I used them for 9 months and did get a pharma job that was advertised no where else but on Med Reps. This was a PHARMA job not a Med device job. If you think MedReps can get you from pharma into devices, forget it. That only happens with serious connections as device companies and recruiters hirec by them hate pharma. There is a lot of junk jobs on MedReps but is you are serious about job hunting try it, I wish I had mush sooner than I did.

I will prepare for those telling me I am full of shit but I am a former AZ rep that had success. Not everyone has a similar story.

early on, i challned medreps as i saw some recruiters posting the same job, obviously just fishing for resumes. On the flip side, ive had sveral interviews with good companies via medreps, just to keep the skills sharp. good advice: if you see a good cmpany in there hiring directly, try to find out what recruiter firm they usually use, and go that direction instead. Ive turned down 4 job offers via medreps over the past year or so. ive also turned down several interviews after I interviewed the person calling me: whats the pay? who are your competitors? product strengh? weaknesses? managed care coverage etc. or hospital formulary questions. a grea tquestion is "why is this position open"? how did the prior rep perform ? etc etc. Its fun..keeps the interview skills sharp too.