• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

It doesn't look good for AZ

Anonymous

We read how hard PS is trying to keep AZ free from the grips of the Pfizer monster. Well it doesn't look good for us. The Dow was down today 167 points just over 1%. However AZ was UP $2.23 or 2.85%. That tells us that smart money is betting the Pfizer buy out will go through at a higher price. Friends...AZ stock is now at $80.52. If the buy out doesn't go through it would fall like a brick off the Empire State Building. At this price and the expectation of a higher price....the buyout will go through. Good luck everyone it's about to get very ugly very shortly.

Movement today is based on cancer research news. Sorry, but it's true.

You are correct that AZ stock will correct to high 60's or low 70's once the news come out. Still a good return year-to-year plus dividends and very promising future.

Thank God it's going up! The cancer "news" has already been overshadowed by another company/drug. Typical AZ outcome…a day late, and a dollar short!

GOOOOOO PFIZER!

I think the fact there's been no more news of an offer so far is a bigger sign. Pfizer was going to make their offer this week, but so far there's no news, which means they are negotiating it right now. The probably announce the close of the deal on Monday or Tuesday after a weekend long negotiating session. My guess is a $90 a share offer with 45%-50% cash. there's no way the board would not take that, and the longer this drags on the more Pfizer risks governments getting involved. They want this done quick and they want their next bid to close the deal.

If AZ wasn't going to take the deal we likely would have heard about it in the news already

Movement today is based on cancer research news. Sorry, but it's true.

You are correct that AZ stock will correct to high 60's or low 70's once the news come out. Still a good return year-to-year plus dividends and very promising future.

The cancer research news was good but not good enough to drive the stock up almost 3%. That has to be money that believes the buyout is going through. Hell man....it was a major down day on Wall Street yet AZ was up significantly. Cancer drug research won't drive it that high.

I think the fact there's been no more news of an offer so far is a bigger sign. Pfizer was going to make their offer this week, but so far there's no news, which means they are negotiating it right now. The probably announce the close of the deal on Monday or Tuesday after a weekend long negotiating session. My guess is a $90 a share offer with 45%-50% cash. there's no way the board would not take that, and the longer this drags on the more Pfizer risks governments getting involved. They want this done quick and they want their next bid to close the deal.

If AZ wasn't going to take the deal we likely would have heard about it in the news already

I agree with you, Pfizer has until the 26th to make a formal offer and I believe they would like to get the deal done sooner rather than later. Also, I don't believe they want the government to have a chance to intervene. So, Monday or Tuesday sounds right to me.

I agree with you, Pfizer has until the 26th to make a formal offer and I believe they would like to get the deal done sooner rather than later. Also, I don't believe they want the government to have a chance to intervene. So, Monday or Tuesday sounds right to me.

8-K filed - terms look to be negotiated. Announcement should come soon.