• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

ISS Call?

The TAS call that was supposed to happen this week has been postponed until October not sure the reason. Deep cuts coming in October
It’s unclear if ISS is involved since they had a call last week which resulted in some cuts already
Roll the dice or start looking it’s a 50/50 odds
Which call? I didn’t happen to notice that. Is it currently on the calendar for October? I believe layoffs will be announced in October for the record. I’ve asked around and no one has heard anything about it. The ISS layoff was supposed to be November but the dropped that hammer early. I believe a ABL is coming soon as well. What have you heard?

A handful of ISS were laid off last week. A last minute Teams invite along the lines of a business review. Then 24 hours later manager and regional on the call to those let go. It’s real. Be prepared if you sell Entresto. Ironically the company has a town hall that afternoon to brag about the quarter 2 results.

A handful of ISS were laid off last week. A last minute Teams invite along the lines of a business review. Then 24 hours later manager and regional on the call to those let go. It’s real. Be prepared if you sell Entresto. Ironically the company has a town hall that afternoon to brag about the quarter 2 results.
More than a handful. Including all the openings and layoffs, the new alignment is a 20% reduction.

The last reorg was supposedly aligned to Leqvio not Entresto. Today’s email officially aligning renal with CRM could also change things. Sherrita shoved aside after her Hilter faux pas. Banished like Duane to some dark closet they label “launch readiness” Neil now in charge of all. What will this look like? Will regional directors have both renal abls and cv abls under them? Abls both reps. Hard to envision.

The last reorg was supposedly aligned to Leqvio not Entresto. Today’s email officially aligning renal with CRM could also change things. Sherrita shoved aside after her Hilter faux pas. Banished like Duane to some dark closet they label “launch readiness” Neil now in charge of all. What will this look like? Will regional directors have both renal abls and cv abls under them? Abls both reps. Hard to envision.
How despicable is it that tragic organizational embarrassments like Sherrita and Duane just get "reassigned" rather than fired. Two dreadful fuckups who couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the "c" and the "t".
Massive cuts in CV later this year that will impact legitimate organizational assets, and those two fucksticks will be in the basement playing candy crush, drawing enormous checks.
You sure are something, Dez.

Sherita should be banished to the broom closet after the Hitler Faux pas. Also she should have hired internally for renal roles……

How despicable is it that tragic organizational embarrassments like Sherrita and Duane just get "reassigned" rather than fired. Two dreadful fuckups who couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the "c" and the "t".
Massive cuts in CV later this year that will impact legitimate organizational assets, and those two fucksticks will be in the basement playing candy crush, drawing enormous checks.
You sure are something, Dez.
Cuts are next year

Mike Exton and Duane Kalczynski took a decent division and made it unrecognizable.
This division wouldn’t even able to launch entresto if it were to launch today.
I've been in this industry a long time and I have never seen anything like the Leqvio launch. Bad launches aren't uncommon, but that was a truly awe-inspiring catastrophe. That it only kept growing in desperation and incompetence is what finally killed it.
Third-string senior management that weren't even possessed of a buy and bill background will eventually drag you under, and they finally pulled the whole operation to the bottom.
I know people joke about it now as a way to stay sane, but it really is sad when you take a minute and think about it, because Leqvio could have been great if it was given a chance.

I've been in this industry a long time and I have never seen anything like the Leqvio launch. Bad launches aren't uncommon, but that was a truly awe-inspiring catastrophe. That it only kept growing in desperation and incompetence is what finally killed it.
Third-string senior management that weren't even possessed of a buy and bill background will eventually drag you under, and they finally pulled the whole operation to the bottom.
I know people joke about it now as a way to stay sane, but it really is sad when you take a minute and think about it, because Leqvio could have been great if it was given a chance.
They still don’t get it! We have sales trainers training people at Novartis to call this a “script” or ask docs to “prescribe” it. It’s absurd we are three years in and Novartis still can’t even train reps to understand how buy and bill works.

Speaking from experience (10 year Novartian, 5 launches) Novartis specializes in completely inept launches.

When will the next layoff of us be? I wish they would offer packages to those of us that want them instead of acting like everything is all good and not the mess it really is.