Is anyone familiar with DUI and staying in the industry?

Anonymous

Is anyone familiar with DUI and staying in the industry. Obviously if the charge sticks, the gig is over. However, there is a possibility of a reduced charge (DWAI) but with severe driver license implications. Otherwise, the legal beagles will have to fight handedly to beat the charge. I am wondering if a company offers a "car allowance" in lieu of a "company car", does this give hope the the seemingly hopeless. It would be great to stay in the industry but am not sure how this is possible under the circumstances. Anyone familiar with or having first hand experience and insight would be greatly appreciated.

<

Is anyone familiar with DUI and staying in the industry. Obviously if the charge sticks, the gig is over. However, there is a possibility of a reduced charge (DWAI) but with severe driver license implications. Otherwise, the legal beagles will have to fight handedly to beat the charge. I am wondering if a company offers a "car allowance" in lieu of a "company car", does this give hope the the seemingly hopeless. It would be great to stay in the industry but am not sure how this is possible under the circumstances. Anyone familiar with or having first hand experience and insight would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have first hand experience, but if you want to stay in the field, you will need to get a good lawyer to get that off your record.

You will have not shot for a field sales job in this industry with that on the record, unless your papa is the CEO.

If you get a car "allowance", then you own the car. So, this will affect you only if they do a yearly license check.. If you have a company car, then your done. Do your best to get reduces charges.

Yes, I have first hand experience. I worked with a company and had a company car, got a DUI. I was able to keep it under wraps until it was time for license verification. I resigned before I had to give it (otherwise you're fired and you can't collect unemployment for violating company policy). This way you keep a good reference... Look for positions you will get a car allowance with but keep in mind you've greatly limited yourself. I'm back but in medical device and with a car allowance. As long as you admit to it on your app, it's normally ok. I've found most company's state whether it's a Company Car or Car Allowance and if so, whether they still want a clean driving record. Depending on your state, after 5 or more years you can have it expunged. No judgement here.... it doesn't take much.

I work for a company that does background checks only up to a certain number of years. People who work here have had a DUI/DWI but it has been some time. Also I know some who got a DUI on the job and not let go because they actually followed the comp. reporting process. Funny they eventually left for other crap the managers dug up though.