• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Ilumya RSM Field Ride Overload

So we have an experienced and accomplished Ilumya sales force that can’t get anything through our HUB. The FRM group is told not to help create with sites of care. Ilumya TMs told not to create sites for injections but go after commercial patients. No pull through on BIs. Now no pay on EAP and PAP. Zero managed care presence. Charging too much for an inferior product. Blocked by most plans.
Why any of those reps even bother showing up is beyond me. Simply a good old fashion screwing to those reps.

Yes, and no.
If you didn’t know Sun, then yes. But you should have done your homework, it was easy, but you took the bait and joined. So, no, it’s on you. Bad decision.
The zebra never changes their stripes.

Yes, and no.
If you didn’t know Sun, then yes. But you should have done your homework, it was easy, but you took the bait and joined. So, no, it’s on you. Bad decision.
The zebra never changes their stripes.

I have to strongly disagree. I did my research and I don’t know one company that doesn’t have issues. Yes, I know this was first biological for Sun into crowded market and yes I knew there may be Indian culture vs US way of doing business hiccups and I addressed those concerns during my interviews. We were all sold on the promise of being the underdog and making a difference for customers and patients. I took a leap of faith and have worked my ass off. Lost sleep and bald spot bigger now but I know I did everything I could. I feel I was hustled and I’m sick about it and yes I’m looking.

I have to strongly disagree. I did my research and I don’t know one company that doesn’t have issues. Yes, I know this was first biological for Sun into crowded market and yes I knew there may be Indian culture vs US way of doing business hiccups and I addressed those concerns during my interviews. We were all sold on the promise of being the underdog and making a difference for customers and patients. I took a leap of faith and have worked my ass off. Lost sleep and bald spot bigger now but I know I did everything I could. I feel I was hustled and I’m sick about it and yes I’m looking.

I am with you! It would have definitely helped to know a bit more about the management. Something is not right about them!

In that case I’m sorry because there was def some BS said by every leader from medical to sales, marketing, HR, access and others about this place and they simply lied.

In my 15 + years I’ve never had my manager ride with me every other week. Does senior leadership think by having our RSMs with us at our accounts every other week that it looks good to our accounts? I had an office ask me what gives, was I in trouble? I never thought about how it may be perceived until I was asked that. Now I think about it and it is a pain in the ass because it slows me down, have to change my route based on RSM’s flight or their schedule (not mine who is actually working the territory 5 days a week), same convo as last 8 times, and there is nothing new to evaluate, tweak, etc. I’ve talked to other TMs and they are all like enough already, stop with the micro managing and have confidence in us instead of this demoralizing monitoring. You don’t bring value to my calls, lunches. The RSM being in the office isn’t the magic solution to get the docs to start writing a ton of drug if that’s what the rationale is.

My accounts hate my RSM. Most of the accounts are going to a NO manager policy so the asshole needs to sit in the car while I make calls. This is Pharma 101 management and the results showed. Chalk up the worst biologic launch ever to the worst school of first line managers ever assembled. This drug is dead and they killed it. These fucking idiots with their lies, favoritism and games just sucked the life out of the TMs. Even if you canned them and started over it is too late now. It’s over. FUCK YOU RSMs!!!

My accounts hate my RSM. Most of the accounts are going to a NO manager policy so the asshole needs to sit in the car while I make calls. This is Pharma 101 management and the results showed. Chalk up the worst biologic launch ever to the worst school of first line managers ever assembled. This drug is dead and they killed it. These fucking idiots with their lies, favoritism and games just sucked the life out of the TMs. Even if you canned them and started over it is too late now. It’s over. FUCK YOU RSMs!!!

Would not worry about RSMs and no-manager policies in key offices (that idiot TMs probably instigated) . Now the SKY is approved--all SUN Pharma TMs and RSMs will be banned from most key offices. You had your window, now get used to the shade.

Would not worry about RSMs and no-manager policies in key offices (that idiot TMs probably instigated) . Now the SKY is approved--all SUN Pharma TMs and RSMs will be banned from most key offices. You had your window, now get used to the shade.

U r 2 clever. Shade-window-sun so very creative. This war is just starting. Nobody thought anyone could ever beat Goliath but it happened. It at the hands of the one nobody feared. Just wait and see who has the rock and who has the sling.

U r 2 clever. Shade-window-sun so very creative. This war is just starting. Nobody thought anyone could ever beat Goliath but it happened. It at the hands of the one nobody feared. Just wait and see who has the rock and who has the sling.

War? Lol. Being an Ilumya rep in a "war" is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Sun can't even get out of it's own way. They sure aren't ready to take on the big boys. Just sit back and see how AbbVie does it the RIGHT way.

You are absolutely correct. While your ass will be in a "sling", you will get "rocks" as your next bonus check. If the bible is now being used to help explain to and motivate the Ilumya salesforce, can only mean more trouble ahead. Sun opened the door for IL-23, but the "sun" needs a "SKY".

You are absolutely correct. While your ass will be in a "sling", you will get "rocks" as your next bonus check. If the bible is now being used to help explain to and motivate the Ilumya salesforce, can only mean more trouble ahead. Sun opened the door for IL-23, but the "sun" needs a "SKY".

Correction: there is no sky without the Sun. Nor anything else. Having said that Sun is just a name so this argument is already boring and full of fourth grade humor. The facts are that the team at Sun is inferior to AbbVie as are the two drugs. A night and day difference called Pasi. Sun is under staffed, tolerant of fools in first line management roles, unethical, unprofessional, unwilling to pay the price to be at the table of successful biotech companies. They won’t get another opportunity and they were out classed from the beginning. I’m looking forward to the day when there are no more Ilumya posting on this sight. Perhaps Sun will be moved to archive boards of this site.

Correction: there is no sky without the Sun. Nor anything else. Having said that Sun is just a name so this argument is already boring and full of fourth grade humor. The facts are that the team at Sun is inferior to AbbVie as are the two drugs. A night and day difference called Pasi. Sun is under staffed, tolerant of fools in first line management roles, unethical, unprofessional, unwilling to pay the price to be at the table of successful biotech companies. They won’t get another opportunity and they were out classed from the beginning. I’m looking forward to the day when there are no more Ilumya posting on this sight. Perhaps Sun will be moved to archive boards of this site.

True. It is worth noting, however, that if Ilumya goes down (with how vested the compqny is in the product), most of Sun US will go down with it.

Well stated and sadly you’re right.