• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

IF YOU SIGN SEVERANCE YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO OVERTIME PAY

Thanks for the heads up. I will refuse to sign the severance. I will walk away with nothing then hope that a lawsuit for overtime pay from AZ goes to trial, they are found liable, and that some money trickles down to me after the lawyers take their cut.

It makes no sense for me to take it. I was actually with Novartis for 9.7 years before coming here. So I get my Novartis OT, which looks to be about 8K/year. If you are here you have to look at tenure because really that will determine the multiple of the per hour payout. Curious to see if they go after high tenure to defray OT payouts. Would be a good statistical analysis.

fools not to sign, it's going to go fast and it will be 5+ years before anything gets figured out on the overtime and let's face it the cost of the attorneys doing the cases will reap 60% or more of the settlement

we'll get 5% of the settlement, probably free meal tickets at our favorite catering company

Novartis reps got 14k each, basically nothing, typical class action settlement. At least your severance is sure if you sign the general release.

Have friends at Novartis. They expect that they will get in the $80k range. The pool of eligible cadidates has been depleted by layoffs amd they are having a big one (around $2000 fro us sales) April. Thruth is I have to take the severance but I am keptt I am taking anyjob with half a future so I am eligible for OT payout.

Have friends at Novartis. They expect that they will get in the $80k range. The pool of eligible cadidates has been depleted by layoffs amd they are having a big one (around $2000 fro us sales) April. Thruth is I have to take the severance but I am keptt I am taking anyjob with half a future so I am eligible for OT payout.

I am with Novartis and the law firm has been in touch with me after I had some questions .
We had a layoff last Dec and same situation. With our gender lawsuit.
Doesn't matter if you still work for the company first of all. Second, severance has nothing to do with this as lawsuit was settled before layoffs same as gender discrimination
Novartis employees will all find out late Feb details of settlement
As for amount don't think it will 80k like other poster stated
More like 8K

I am with Novartis and the law firm has been in touch with me after I had some questions .
We had a layoff last Dec and same situation. With our gender lawsuit.
Doesn't matter if you still work for the company first of all. Second, severance has nothing to do with this as lawsuit was settled before layoffs same as gender discrimination
Novartis employees will all find out late Feb details of settlement
As for amount don't think it will 80k like other poster stated
More like 8K

Exactly, class action you will be lucky to break 10k, right on about layoff, it does not affect one's ability to be in the lawsuit.