• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

If you are considering Sun for a job

anonymous

just know it’s only a short term stay to hold you over till something else comes sling.
But know that it’s also a blemish on your resume.

I suppose Sun will get more applicants after Best Buy thins the herd after Christmas.
Small appliances or Ilumya? Eh, it’s all the same.

<

just know it’s only a short term stay to hold you over till something else comes sling.

I suppose Sun will get more applicants after Best Buy thins the herd after Christmas.

if you are just looking for a paycheck this would be not be a bad stop over. Just know that you won’t get paid well. Pretty good but pricey health care benefits, free car. That’s all about it.
Be prepared for a shit show, lack of accountability, poor leadership, poor employee morale. One shit show after another that never ends.
Career wise, if you brown nose then you will be likely promoted.
If all these things are ok with you then go ahead and sign up.

Ask anyone. The culture that emanates from Mumbai couldn’t be any more different than what Americans are about. Integrity is a foreign word which doesn’t translate.

I literally felt like I needed a shower every hour I was in the home office. You feel filthy being around the moron running the sh!t show.

Ask anyone. The culture that emanates from Mumbai couldn’t be any more different than what Americans are about. Integrity is a foreign word which doesn’t translate.

I literally felt like I needed a shower every hour I was in the home office. You feel filthy being around the moron running the sh!t show.
Sun is all about saving money, cheap Indians. What SLT don’t get is that the high employee turnover has costs associated with it too but they don’t care. It’s a continuous revolving doors with Reps and Managers and Abhay doesn’t care. High turnover is a norm in India.
And look at Hagler, under his watch an entire division LTC was laid off, OPH and ONC turnover rate is around 80% past 5 years.

Sun is all about saving money, cheap Indians. What SLT don’t get is that the high employee turnover has costs associated with it too but they don’t care. It’s a continuous revolving doors with Reps and Managers and Abhay doesn’t care. High turnover is a norm in India.
And look at Hagler, under his watch an entire division LTC was laid off, OPH and ONC turnover rate is around 80% past 5 years.[/QUOTE

Have you ever seen the bathrooms in India ?
There’s a flippin bucket and a ladle in the stall. You use your hand after dropping a deuce, then you dip the ladle in the bucket and use that water to wash your hand. This is in modern Mumbai.
I guess water is cheaper than TP.
So, it’s actually not surprising.
This is fact.
It helps me understand why things are the way they are.

What happened to the post about the bathroom stalls and the buckets and ladles in the Mumbai offices ?
The Mumbai stalls are equipped with a ~10 liter container of water which also includes a long-handled ladle. In lieu of paper products, people may rinse their hand with fresh water into the toilet.
This is fact and easily verified.

The Mumbai stalls are equipped with a ~10 liter container of water which also includes a long-handled ladle. In lieu of paper products, people may rinse their hand with fresh water into the toilet.
This is fact and easily verified.

Here's a TRUE story, told to me by a long since departed SVP from Hawthorne. The "executive" men's loo in Mumbai once had a filthy blue towel hanging on a nail for employees to use after washing their hands. It was never changed, never cleaned. Some employees brought their own towels in to use as an alternative. Beware...the BLUE TOWEL.

Sun, where Quality is job #237.

Here's a TRUE story, told to me by a long since departed SVP from Hawthorne. The "executive" men's loo in Mumbai once had a filthy blue towel hanging on a nail for employees to use after washing their hands. It was never changed, never cleaned. Some employees brought their own towels in to use as an alternative. Beware...the BLUE TOWEL.

A Taro SVP told me the same. Verified!!!

Perhaps I was there after the SVP.
I can attest to there being one of those cloth towel machines (think US gas stations, circa 1965) in the men’s room. I went to pull the material down to get a ‘fresh section’ but to no avail. That’s all there was.

No, it wasn’t blue, it was kinda brown from so many people trying to get it to roll to a new section.

I guess the reluctant billionaire is reluctant to care about employee hygiene.

Perhaps I was there after the SVP.
I can attest to there being one of those cloth towel machines (think US gas stations, circa 1965) in the men’s room. I went to pull the material down to get a ‘fresh section’ but to no avail. That’s all there was.

No, it wasn’t blue, it was kinda brown from so many people trying to get it to roll to a new section.

I guess the reluctant billionaire is reluctant to care about employee hygiene.
That’s NASTY !!!