IDCS's Happy?

<

Not in Boston, they don't even acknowledge you exist or let you in until the senior mgt. of the hospital wants $$$$ from pharma for something.

Sounds like your problem. If you were better at what you do, they would see you. But, looks like you blame it all on "Boston" - couldn't be your fault, could it?

Sounds like your problem. If you were better at what you do, they would see you. But, looks like you blame it all on "Boston" - couldn't be your fault, could it?

No, what was stated is quite accurate. There aren't ANY reps, managers, RBD, VP getting into Boston hospitals to meet with senior admins and I guarantee you aren't either.

So could it be that , that is the POLICY ? Of course it is! go back to kool aid. repeat.

If they cover a prominent teaching hospital, they should be ecstatic.

How many big time teaching hospitals even let reps in the door?( I'm sure that NNI super-rep is going to use the usual "thats a YOU problem" crap, but the story is the same all over my region) .Med students and residents are taught to stay away from reps, and are banning access from affiliated clinics left and right.

How many big time teaching hospitals even let reps in the door?( I'm sure that NNI super-rep is going to use the usual "thats a YOU problem" crap, but the story is the same all over my region) .Med students and residents are taught to stay away from reps, and are banning access from affiliated clinics left and right.

Yes, as I have noted on this site, as a retired rep, how far the company is behind the times, I saw this in the mid '90's.

Fairly stated. This problem exists across the country . Funny about the super-rep reference . He always says the same thing though he wouldn't be able to overcome any of these issues himself in said markets.

Sure. You can always shift blame elsewhere. That solves a lot of problems, doesn't it? Nice job!

Fairly stated. This problem exists across the country . Funny about the super-rep reference . He always says the same thing though he wouldn't be able to overcome any of these issues himself in said markets.

The scripts are substituted at the out patent pharmacy level anyhow. So what's the value proposition these days for IDCS. More DTC adds???

Are there any happy IDCS's?
I'd love to get the IDCS teams from USC, Stanford, all them Harvard hospitals, Johns Hopkins, U Michigan Hospitals, Mayo and Cleveland Clinics together, swear them to be completely honest, and let' er rip. (I left off some big name hospitals because I know that we dump a lot of "unrestricted" grant $$$ in there. Shhhh)

Based on return on salary+ benefits, this job and some DBMs with teeny territories have to have the smallest returns.

As an IDCS in a mid size market, I don't envy my colleagues in those towns. I'd HATE to have to do what they do all day. Field rides with their managers must be torture.