IDCS's are Screwed

Not true...... I know 6 IDCS reps that interviewed and were offered jobs for EDCS, HSDCS, & DCS positions.
I am very happy for them…but I sure hope that they realize that this is merely a 8-11 month reprieve from the axman? We all need to be smart, people. There is no way on Gods green earth that we need so many AEs, E's H's and DCS's out here. Someone (either Sanofi or we) are gonna start de-escalating the field force arms race. I was around for the pharma industry escalation, and it was exciting and sickening at the same time. Exciting, because there were many opportunities for advancement and to be hired. Sickening, because many people were hired and many more promoted that had nothing going for them other than their tenure and their looks.
Now that everyone knows that employers follow PBM formularies, and physicians' writing habits are often mandated by payers, there really isn't a need for AEs to call on huge plans or employers more than a few times a year. There is no point to have 12 rep visits a month at that big group practice, since they will only see you over lunch, and rules dictate that each company can't have more than two lunches a month. There is no benefit to a DBM tailing a rep more than twice a month.
Conclusion? There are plenty of layers of fat out in the field, and someone is going to start pulling out the sharp butchers knife. Don't be caught unawares, or be lulled into false sense of security, just because we made it through the first round!!!

Agreed! If people are dumb enough to believe they have returned to their lifelong job security here, then there are more opportunities elsewhere for the rest of us.

Will NNI have a sales force 1yr or 5yrs from now? Absolutely! Will there be 3000+ in the field? Highly doubtful...

Spot on re the AEs specifically. Way too heavy. JIm the VP is a snake, cheater and lier and it's hard to believe he's a VP. Look into this team Jakob, please, if you're going to trim field sales, you have to realize the AE team offers us no value at all nor does the leadership team. I am speaking out because I'm tired of the AE team boasting about how easy their job is, how they have zero accountability and that they pretty much sit at home and send emails to their customers and gain us zero access.

Not really if you look at it from another perspective. While being laid off, I found a position at a different company (much smaller) that pays me 10k more on my base, 5 weeks vacation, same bonus/benefits as Novo, and are making me whole on my LTI (16k). I'm taking the severance ($40k) and start my new job on 12/1. I won't have to worry about layoffs in the short term like Novo employees will....

So I am plus $66k.....screwed? Not exactly.

The six IDCS you are speaking of where probably in areas where no one else applied for the positions. Some people got a god deal others are out. Many of the DBM's bypassed I's.

Since (unless you post it on LinkedIn), we have no way of knowing who you are, why not post the name of this company that is willing to pay former I's that kind of money? Color me skeptical since in most companies, it is well known that hospital-based pharma reps very poor to no access in major teaching hospitals.

The pay is coming from a smaller company and I wont post the name...Good hospital reps have access that you probably couldnt ever get because you are just a regular rep who has no clue how to do the job. If you are successful and can document it, the right company will pay for the right talent...You will never experience this because you make excuses for your lack of success...take your $80k base salary and Ill take my $140k...we are both worth what we make and our employers will get what they pay for.

The pay is coming from a smaller company and I wont post the name...Good hospital reps have access that you probably couldnt ever get because you are just a regular rep who has no clue how to do the job. If you are successful and can document it, the right company will pay for the right talent...You will never experience this because you make excuses for your lack of success...take your $80k base salary and Ill take my $140k...we are both worth what we make and our employers will get what they pay for.

So you used to work here, you continue to post on our site, you brag about a huge increase in pay, you won't tell us the name of your company, and you post insults to your former colleagues.

Yup. This all makes perfect sense to me.