I love Pharma

LOL! I am the pharma guy that this device rep hates. You are correct with buying used. It is senseless to buy new. 100K is what I make in Pharma. More in day trading. But a convertible? Seriously? Come on Brokeback. Do you have a rainbow dolphin sticker on the back of it too? You really should tell your wife that you lead the alternative lifestyle. It's not fair to her to keep it a secret. I have plenty if room in the Escalade for her.

You know what I find funny about this. I knew some people in college that were as anti-gay as you are. Then I find out on facebook 15 years later some of them were, which I don't care.

Not gay here. I just like the wind through my hair on a nice August night.

Enjoy that manly Escalade of yours. Why is that every time I see an Escalade it has a 45 year old Cougar in it taking kids to soccer practice.

LOL! I am the pharma guy that this device rep hates. You are correct with buying used. It is senseless to buy new. 100K is what I make in Pharma. More in day trading. But a convertible? Seriously? Come on Brokeback. Do you have a rainbow dolphin sticker on the back of it too? You really should tell your wife that you lead the alternative lifestyle. It's not fair to her to keep it a secret. I have plenty if room in the Escalade for her.

Day trading? LOL. How is that market doing for you lately? ROFL. Day trading on 100k a year as seed money...*cough*. Cute.

Day trading? LOL. How is that market doing for you lately? ROFL. Day trading on 100k a year as seed money...*cough*. Cute.

Actually, the market has been doing very well for me daytrading. You see, that's why it is called daytrading. Not long term growth investing. I don't care if the market goes up or down, recession or not. Short some positions, buy others, use triple leveraged financial ETF's, etc. Some long term investors are happy with 10% a year. How does 10% a week sound?

I thought only thugs drove Escalades? Now it's cougars too? Why is it that every time I see a guy in a convertible he is either (A)-Gay, or (B)-Gay.

Actually, the market has been doing very well for me daytrading. You see, that's why it is called daytrading. Not long term growth investing. I don't care if the market goes up or down, recession or not. Short some positions, buy others, use triple leveraged financial ETF's, etc. Some long term investors are happy with 10% a year. How does 10% a week sound?

I thought only thugs drove Escalades? Now it's cougars too? Why is it that every time I see a guy in a convertible he is either (A)-Gay, or (B)-Gay.

Gotta love that Escalade. Nothing like charging another 20 grand for a Suburban with fake wood trim and some chrome. There is a sucker born every minute.

Why did you buy an Escalade? Let me guess...5 bucks you have an Eminem CD in the player and wear your hat backwards?

Wrong yet again? Wrong yet, again?

That is so sad.

That is your best response?
I would say that you are a child, but that is insulting to my three beautiful babies.

I'm in Pharma, I make 115K average. Like the other Pharma rep, I work 5 hours a day and do very well. I wouldn't change what I do for anything in the world. I feel so bad for med device reps. They are all the same, they are always yacking about their amazing lives while their wives are out banging the neighbor, who is home at 3:00, because he's a Pharma Rep. If you point to the type of car that you drive as a solidification of a happy life... you might be a med device rep. If you still brag about your average "sports" career... you might be a med device rep. If you state your salary range with a difference of 50K... you might be a med device rep.

So pathetic :(

Big ups to my Pharma friend - you definitely won the battle and I loved the point that someone made earlier. If you are a med device rep, what the fuck are you doing on this message board. That is so very, very sad.

P.S. Can you tell your wife 4:00 instead of 3:30, I'm going to be working very late tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Gen X'rs, ya gotta just laugh....

He works five hours and believes he is worth every penny of his 100 grand. Good luck Gen X'rs because reality is about to bitch slap all of you across the face.

To the Med Device guy, thank you for your service to our country.

That is so sad.

I would say that you are a child, but that is insulting to my three beautiful babies.

I'm in Pharma, I make 115K average. Like the other Pharma rep, I work 5 hours a day and do very well. I wouldn't change what I do for anything in the world. I feel so bad for med device reps. They are all the same, they are always yacking about their amazing lives while their wives are out banging the neighbor, who is home at 3:00, because he's a Pharma Rep. If you point to the type of car that you drive as a solidification of a happy life... you might be a med device rep. If you still brag about your average "sports" career... you might be a med device rep. If you state your salary range with a difference of 50K... you might be a med device rep.

Big ups to my Pharma friend - you definitely won the battle and I loved the point that someone made earlier. If you are a med device rep, what the fuck are you doing on this message board. That is so very, very sad.

P.S. Can you tell your wife 4:00 instead of 3:30, I'm going to be working very late tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Med Device Rep checking back in. I was out of town for 3 days, had to close down business.
3 Kids on 115 a year? *Cough*

I am on the board because of the device section. I do check in to learn about my competition.

The comments about the wife thing is funny, I will give you that. The truth is nobody knows that their wife is or isn't cheating on them.

Secondly, because my job is so commission based it can range 50 grand because I am commission focused. "Commission"...look it up.

That is so sad.

Thanks!!!

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I am the other pharma rep on here. Pharma is a great life. That is funny about the med reps who "were" failed mediocre sports people. Hilarious. You are right. Their lonely wives are banging guys like pharma reps, and spending their husbands cash like crazy. Clueless.

Gen X'rs, ya gotta just laugh....

He works five hours and believes he is worth every penny of his 100 grand. Good luck Gen X'rs because reality is about to bitch slap all of you across the face.

To the Med Device guy, thank you for your service to our country.

I don't think I deserve 100K for this job...but I get it...and I'll take it. "Thanks for your service to our country"? How about serving in the military overseas which I have done three times? Dildo.

I don't think I deserve 100K for this job...but I get it...and I'll take it. "Thanks for your service to our country"? How about serving in the military overseas which I have done three times? Dildo.

For someone who claims to be happy and making good jack, you sure seem very unhappy and angry. Maybe it was your overseas tours that did it. The military can get you psychological counseling....you sound like you could use it.

For someone who claims to be happy and making good jack, you sure seem very unhappy and angry. Maybe it was your overseas tours that did it. The military can get you psychological counseling....you sound like you could use it.

People that get their value in life from making a lot of money or from their job position are pretty much the biggest losers in life.

Now I have it good, saved like a dog, went to parties, worked hard, and only made over 100k a few times. Not bad. But, right now, I am making half. And you know what? I am still very content and doing good.

Its just funny to read about so many people on this forum brag about making 250k at medical device or whatever...

and they are still miserable and never pick up the tab at the bar or restaurant...

so many of these types out there and they need help.

People that get their value in life from making a lot of money or from their job position are pretty much the biggest losers in life.

Now I have it good, saved like a dog, went to parties, worked hard, and only made over 100k a few times. Not bad. But, right now, I am making half. And you know what? I am still very content and doing good.

Its just funny to read about so many people on this forum brag about making 250k at medical device or whatever...

and they are still miserable and never pick up the tab at the bar or restaurant...

so many of these types out there and they need help.

If you love your job and as a consequence you make 200+ then that is a win win. What you will find is that men (much moreso than women) get their value from their jobs, while women get it from their kids.

The differene between people who are happy with they make and their level in life vs. someone with ambition is someone with ambition is never satisfied with their current position...not in a negative way but they are always looking for ways to improve their lot in life.

Look at your favorite sports team. Name a player in professional sports that is merely satisfied with their current stats...and then tell me how long they lasted.

If you love your job and as a consequence you make 200+ then that is a win win. What you will find is that men (much moreso than women) get their value from their jobs, while women get it from their kids.

The differene between people who are happy with they make and their level in life vs. someone with ambition is someone with ambition is never satisfied with their current position...not in a negative way but they are always looking for ways to improve their lot in life.

Look at your favorite sports team. Name a player in professional sports that is merely satisfied with their current stats...and then tell me how long they lasted.

You like everyone else will lose people around you that mean a great deal to you. Some, like parents or brothers and sisters, that had a strong influence on you personally. Some that are colleagues, co-workers or managers that had a strong influence on you professionally. When that happens, perspectives on life and what is important begin to change... Eventually you begin to realize that value in life isn't derived from a job, it is from the people and the experiences that pull you together as friends and family that enrich a life. At that point the "rat race" becomes more of a joke than a obstacle to climb and conquer. Jobs with true meaning and the opportunity to make a difference become more important than selling a "me to" drug that doesn't for one minute enhance anyones life above and beyond what is already availabe but the corporate drones and fatcats.

I believe that this is the true reason why so many in pharma are so unhappy and/or angry at the world. (I have been one of them) Why bravado and big talk are the order of the day and prestige is won not by the lives touched, but by the amount of the six figures on the W-2.

The job creates this type of mentality in individuals as they seek to justify and amplify their worth. There is rarely if ever talk, other than superficial talk to "pump up the sales force" at meetings, of helping patients and doing the right thing. It is for the most part a hollow, meaningless career that requires an individual to find the merits of the position through income and lack of work hours to make that income. If this weren't the case and the job had one shred of altruistic characteristics that motivated from within spending long hours and working above and beyond would come easily and naturally. The high income would be an end biproduct of that work, not an end all be all.

You like everyone else will lose people around you that mean a great deal to you. Some, like parents or brothers and sisters, that had a strong influence on you personally. Some that are colleagues, co-workers or managers that had a strong influence on you professionally. When that happens, perspectives on life and what is important begin to change... Eventually you begin to realize that value in life isn't derived from a job, it is from the people and the experiences that pull you together as friends and family that enrich a life. At that point the "rat race" becomes more of a joke than a obstacle to climb and conquer. Jobs with true meaning and the opportunity to make a difference become more important than selling a "me to" drug that doesn't for one minute enhance anyones life above and beyond what is already availabe but the corporate drones and fatcats.

I believe that this is the true reason why so many in pharma are so unhappy and/or angry at the world. (I have been one of them) Why bravado and big talk are the order of the day and prestige is won not by the lives touched, but by the amount of the six figures on the W-2.

The job creates this type of mentality in individuals as they seek to justify and amplify their worth. There is rarely if ever talk, other than superficial talk to "pump up the sales force" at meetings, of helping patients and doing the right thing. It is for the most part a hollow, meaningless career that requires an individual to find the merits of the position through income and lack of work hours to make that income. If this weren't the case and the job had one shred of altruistic characteristics that motivated from within spending long hours and working above and beyond would come easily and naturally. The high income would be an end biproduct of that work, not an end all be all.

Your last point is common for Wall Street jobs and most sales jobs.

Thanks for sharing. That was well thought out.

Then go quit your job and volunteer doing something you love doing.