I love Pharma

Anonymous

To the people on this site who are talking about starving, getting fired, etc. Winners don't starve. Yes, your job may be eliminated. That is a risk in life. But if you were a winner, there would be no reason to worry. People that win and succeed accept that bad times may be ahead, but they know that they will come out on top once again. Winners like me plan ahead. Have multiple skill sets to work with. I have Pharma, B2B sales, management, military, and I am in my early thirties. Not a job skipper either. These transitions all have tied in together. It is just as important to diversify your skill sets as it is your financial portfolio. All your eggs in one basket is not a good thing. If I get fired tomorrow, I'll have something better in no time. Put things in perspective. Many are homeless, our nation is at war, people would kill to have what you have. If you want something in life, go get it. Most of you just try to keep others down with you. I am a winner. Most of you are not. If you are, great job! If not, grab your sack and quit acting like a bitch.

<

To the people on this site who are talking about starving, getting fired, etc. Winners don't starve. Yes, your job may be eliminated. That is a risk in life. But if you were a winner, there would be no reason to worry. People that win and succeed accept that bad times may be ahead, but they know that they will come out on top once again. Winners like me plan ahead. Have multiple skill sets to work with. I have Pharma, B2B sales, management, military, and I am in my early thirties. Not a job skipper either. These transitions all have tied in together. It is just as important to diversify your skill sets as it is your financial portfolio. All your eggs in one basket is not a good thing. If I get fired tomorrow, I'll have something better in no time. Put things in perspective. Many are homeless, our nation is at war, people would kill to have what you have. If you want something in life, go get it. Most of you just try to keep others down with you. I am a winner. Most of you are not. If you are, great job! If not, grab your sack and quit acting like a bitch.

Anyone that says they are winner, isn't. Does your mom think you are a winner and that is why you say that?

You'll find in something in no time...really? If you are so confident in your abilities to find a job in a bad economy, quit your job right now.

Then, when you get in line, you realize there aren't that many jobs out there. There just aren't. Companies aren't hiring. Then, interview against 10 other candidates who are probably just, if not more qualified than you are.

No, my mom doesn't call me a winner. Your mom calls me a winner. Spoken like a person who can't sell shit. Yes, we are in a recession, but jobs are still everywhere. Learn how to be resourceful. Is all you do post resumes online? Do you network? Can you think with at least a litte innovation? Start your own business if you can't find one. There are plenty of things you can start with almost zero investment, so don't use the lack of funds excuse. Ten people interviewing for the same job you are has you running scared? I guess competition really isn't your thing. You don't need me to tell you this...you already know deep down.

No, my mom doesn't call me a winner. Your mom calls me a winner. Spoken like a person who can't sell shit. Yes, we are in a recession, but jobs are still everywhere. Learn how to be resourceful. Is all you do post resumes online? Do you network? Can you think with at least a litte innovation? Start your own business if you can't find one. There are plenty of things you can start with almost zero investment, so don't use the lack of funds excuse. Ten people interviewing for the same job you are has you running scared? I guess competition really isn't your thing. You don't need me to tell you this...you already know deep down.

You responded to my post. I am actually in medical device and make 175-225 a year. Job security exists for me because I look at the reports and I am VERY profitable for my company. If I sell 2.5 million in product per year, which I do, based on what they pay me and profit margins, I still made my company a million....Competition not my thing...LOL...what would a pharma rep know about competition?

Do I think I am a winner? Not really, I am just good at what I do.

Therefore, I have no need to find a job. I am glad to see you have read Tony Robbins books on how to be motivated. Do you know what motivates me at this job? 15-20 grand a month paycheck.

Enjoy peddling your samples. Be sure to check your slacks when you bend over to get samples out of the back of your Malibu. Sears slacks don't get dirt out easily.

To the OP you say
"If I get fired tomorrow, I'll have something better in no time. "
If you can find something better than why wait? A winner would just go get the better job, a looser would stay put in his/her current job thinking they could go get something better, but in reality can't.

First, it's "loser", not "looser". Second, I make 100 bills a year, and work 5 hours a day. It's all about quality if life, you know?

I'll drive any free car for work, cause at night and weekends it's the Escalade for me and 7- series for the wife.

I have so much free time, it is unbelievable. Yeah, you may make more, but how many hours a day do you put in? If it's worth it, great. Not worth it to me.

First, it's "loser", not "looser". Second, I make 100 bills a year, and work 5 hours a day. It's all about quality if life, you know?

I'll drive any free car for work, cause at night and weekends it's the Escalade for me and 7- series for the wife.

I have so much free time, it is unbelievable. Yeah, you may make more, but how many hours a day do you put in? If it's worth it, great. Not worth it to me.

Medical Device Rep that responded to you, I work 40 hours a week.

Enjoy your Escalade. LOL. Let me guess, 24s on it? Lambo doors? I live in a very upscale neighborhood and nobody has an Escalade. This isn't the hood.

Whoa, Mr. Medical Device Sales Rep, don't have your period. That's quite an imagination you have with the Lambo doors and all. So you live in a stuffy upscale neighborhood...if I had to guess, you are a little older, balding, and short man syndrome? Hahahaha!!!! You have Napoleon complex!!!! Hit a little close to home?

Whoa, Mr. Medical Device Sales Rep, don't have your period. That's quite an imagination you have with the Lambo doors and all. So you live in a stuffy upscale neighborhood...if I had to guess, you are a little older, balding, and short man syndrome? Hahahaha!!!! You have Napoleon complex!!!! Hit a little close to home?

No, 30 years old, wife is 27.

Save your pharma money so you can put some TVs in the headrests of that Escalade.

Shouldn't you be planning for your lunch with an office on Monday? I hear they are tired of Spaghetti and Fat Ethel cant eat gluten.

No, 30 years old, wife is 27.

Save your pharma money so you can put some TVs in the headrests of that Escalade.

Shouldn't you be planning for your lunch with an office on Monday? I hear they are tired of Spaghetti and Fat Ethel cant eat gluten.

I find it very sad when people have to put others down in order to make themselves look better.

Why do any of you give a sh*t what the other person sells? If Pharma Sales guy enjoys what he does and is happy with his quality of life, then so what. And to Mr. Device Guy, why are you here posting on Cafe Pharma? Seriously, if you are making what you say then you should have no time for this BS.

To each his own, but for you guys to waste any time on here bickering about Pharma v. Device, Then neither one of you has a life.

So making $100K a year, you decided to purchase a $70K Escalade and a 7-Series for anywhere from $75K+? That really doesn't make a lot of sense

So making $100K a year, you decided to purchase a $70K Escalade and a 7-Series for anywhere from $75K+? That really doesn't make a lot of sense

I have seen some used Escalades for sale for like 18, they depreciate very badly. Same with 7 series, they depreciate heavily as well.

I am the med device guy he hates and I buy pre owned cars too, makes sense. My third car is a convertible that i would have spent 45 grand on new but got it used after someone traded it on a lease for 18.

Enjoy that Escalade. Cadillac grills, Cadillac thrills, look at the oil my Cadillac spills...

Convertible? LOL! What, a Miata? Does your gay lover Derek give you road head in your convertible? The only convertible a guy should drive is either a supercar or a Wrangler. What a moe!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I Know right?! Hey, this isn't a board for male flight attendants!

LOL! I am the pharma guy that this device rep hates. You are correct with buying used. It is senseless to buy new. 100K is what I make in Pharma. More in day trading. But a convertible? Seriously? Come on Brokeback. Do you have a rainbow dolphin sticker on the back of it too? You really should tell your wife that you lead the alternative lifestyle. It's not fair to her to keep it a secret. I have plenty if room in the Escalade for her.