• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

I cannot believe how underpaid we were here

anonymous

I'm literally shocked at the salaries that other companies are offering. I'll be making way more than my manager was here if I land one of these jobs. An SHR 3 base with 20 plus years here is what reps with less than 10 years make at Amgen. I'm so pissed.

If you have your head in the sand, all people can see is your ass.

Yeah, it's bad. This was a big wakeup call. At some point Pfizer fell way behind the industry in terms of pay. Probably had something to do with offering the ol' 2.5% as a raise every year when in reality that's a sub-inflation COLA.

Yeah, it's bad. This was a big wakeup call. At some point Pfizer fell way behind the industry in terms of pay. Probably had something to do with offering the ol' 2.5% as a raise every year when in reality that's a sub-inflation COLA.

In actuality pfe has it right. The job is nothing more than a customer service rep so compensation is in line w/ what the job actually is.

I learned that several years ago. I left rheumatology and went to Celgene and am now at Amgen.

I got an immediate 28,000 raise and my yearly raises have been in the 3.5-5.5% range each year.

Once I got promoted to ACT 2, I got another 12,000 added to my base.

I still keep in touch with my old manager and she says I got 2 decades worth of Pfizer raises the past 5 years.

Really amazing how Pfizer reps are convinced they are well paid until they pull the curtain back.

I'm literally shocked at the salaries that other companies are offering. I'll be making way more than my manager was here if I land one of these jobs. An SHR 3 base with 20 plus years here is what reps with less than 10 years make at Amgen. I'm so pissed.

If you have your head in the sand, all people can see is your ass.

No need to come back here and brag about it. We already know. We cast our lots.

My boss isn’t an asshole so I’m good where I am. The moment I get an asshole boss, I’ll join you guys. I worked for an asshole before and there’s no amount of pay that makes it worth it. Maybe because of that, I keep a good one when I have one.

In actuality pfe has it right. The job is nothing more than a customer service rep so compensation is in line w/ what the job actually is.
I only know 5 people that left and landed somewhere else in Pharma, but based on their reports companies that pay better don't have the same QOL that we have. Its a trade-off, in my opinion.

I only know 5 people that left and landed somewhere else in Pharma, but based on their reports companies that pay better don't have the same QOL that we have. Its a trade-off, in my opinion.

please do tell of this superior QOL that PFE has, please ? at best the benefits are average, pay is in lower percentile, vacation is less, opportunity or career progression is minimal unless one meets certain HR parameters, a poor work-life balance due to geographical territory boundaries becoming insane, and an incentive system that is archaic.

I say this with humility as I am only a n=1, and after this BM debacle, while being retained I chose to search the market before and after the announced lay-offs with only one company I interviewed with had equitable pay and benefits, the three others I went thru the selection process with had markedly better benefits from pay to vacation to stock options to incentive pay to insurance etc….to add, none are immersed in a heavy digital platform leaning sales model, none! QOL is a subjective term being defined by one’s self; however, pay, stock options, realistic territory boundaries, more vacation, much higher incentive pay are objective which attribute directly to QOL. I was blessed and accepted an offer thus tendering my resignation on Thursday and looking forward to the QOL opportunity at hand. Whether you stay or leave, good luck to all !

you must have a pretty shitty definition of QOL then. Dealing w/ any of these petty DM and your definition of QOL is very low.

My boss isn’t an asshole so I’m good where I am. The moment I get an asshole boss, I’ll join you guys. I worked for an asshole before and there’s no amount of pay that makes it worth it. Maybe because of that, I keep a good one when I have one.

So you worked for Russ Patterson too? Weird. Biggest asshat, back stabbing moron in the biz. Should've stayed in Bay-Ching!!

please do tell of this superior QOL that PFE has, please ? at best the benefits are average, pay is in lower percentile, vacation is less, opportunity or career progression is minimal unless one meets certain HR parameters, a poor work-life balance due to geographical territory boundaries becoming insane, and an incentive system that is archaic.

I say this with humility as I am only a n=1, and after this BM debacle, while being retained I chose to search the market before and after the announced lay-offs with only one company I interviewed with had equitable pay and benefits, the three others I went thru the selection process with had markedly better benefits from pay to vacation to stock options to incentive pay to insurance etc….to add, none are immersed in a heavy digital platform leaning sales model, none! QOL is a subjective term being defined by one’s self; however, pay, stock options, realistic territory boundaries, more vacation, much higher incentive pay are objective which attribute directly to QOL. I was blessed and accepted an offer thus tendering my resignation on Thursday and looking forward to the QOL opportunity at hand. Whether you stay or leave, good luck to all !
I can answer this one. My QOL shot through the roof when we were allowed to take time off to attend to personal events. When I assessed that I could see my top docs in two full days worth of work, spread over five. Since May 2020, I have stayed close to the top both years, and I have been able to launch a business that (knock on wood) will start bringing in enough to pay almost 1/2 my mortgage note. So compared to many people making six figures, I think that our job is extremely high on the QOL chart.

My QOL took a nosedive when they wouldn't let us go out and work, while every other company was out there conducting business. The low point was the webex where they brought a magician on to entertain us.

Sorry you got laid off and no one will hire you. Cope harder.

Did just fine; hired with another specialty pharma @ $27K base increase + $41K increase in incentive comp + $12K sign on bonus + S options not to include all of the other bene’s….. soo coping just fine. Thank you for your concern tho.

Did just fine; hired with another specialty pharma @ $27K base increase + $41K increase in incentive comp + $12K sign on bonus + S options not to include all of the other bene’s….. soo coping just fine. Thank you for your concern tho.
Sooooo….you vastly improved your situation, yet you continue to post on here? Yeah, ok. I’m sure that’s how it worked out for you.