• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Humira leadership about to make a very big mistake

anonymous

Found out at RmDm we are adding a 3 rep per territory. Reps are struggling getting access now with few docs to call on. Creating a DM structure and 3rd rep will cause massive access issues. Most likely create "ghost" calls to ensure calls per day. There are many territories that will no doubt not be able to get all three reps into the office as needed. Unfortunately management does not see this. Not one person from RM level down has said yeah this is a good idea. I'm a lifer for Abbvie And I just can't understand leadership being this blind. We will be paying a 3rd sales force to do nothing. I hate this for the company. I hate the waste of money and I hate the position it puts the sales force including DMs to "make it look good" on paper. Not too mention the issues the doctors will have with us trying to stuff all of us in an office in one week call cycles.

<

Our meeting is coming up and we just heard that from our DM. We have an exciting future and runway and to see them put us in this spot is so bizarre. And I agree our doctors are going to be pissed.

Found out at RmDm we are adding a 3 rep per territory. Reps are struggling getting access now with few docs to call on. Creating a DM structure and 3rd rep will cause massive access issues. Most likely create "ghost" calls to ensure calls per day. There are many territories that will no doubt not be able to get all three reps into the office as needed. Unfortunately management does not see this. Not one person from RM level down has said yeah this is a good idea. I'm a lifer for Abbvie And I just can't understand leadership being this blind. We will be paying a 3rd sales force to do nothing. I hate this for the company. I hate the waste of money and I hate the position it puts the sales force including DMs to "make it look good" on paper. Not too mention the issues the doctors will have with us trying to stuff all of us in an office in one week call cycles.

You "hate" what ? This post is BS !!! There's no additional reps added in districts that overlap products.
Since you answered yourself I added the real story. HCV sucks and MET Rocks.

Expansion is real and happening end of year or first quarter next year. Reps are highly perplexed at adding a third layer to rheum. We have access issues now with two reps seeing few doctors. Unfortunately we are going to damage our access further. We will likely be responsible for driving an excellerated access issue. Specialty is not the place where we revert to primary care strategies of 5 plus years ago. Share of voice. Sure when you have 100 doctors. But when you have 33 and three people calling on them. Makes zero sense and we as reps will be in the field apologizing most of the time as it's going to be highly irritating for rheumatologist. Hey but what do I know. I'm just a specialty rep that's out here and understands the street level dynamics.

They are doing the same expansion in Dermatology !!! Jeff Stewart I have one suggestion for you. Take a leave of absence from your current role and go work a territory for 3 months. You then might be able to build a better mouse trap.

Plus, all these new indications for Humira is what's keeping it alive with continued industry leading huge sales. The original patent might be expiring soon, but not for all indications!