• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Humira derm franchise beware Cosentyx is real

Anonymous

Cosentyx is getting excellent reviews by new patients. It could transform this market. Efficacious, easy to use and pain free injections with less frequency. Lacks long term safety data. Humira may be left with the co morbid patients especially those with Crohns. More il 17s are coming.

<

Attention idiots:

We give you everything - access. No one has the access you have so don't deviate from the core message. Ask any customer, what is the easiest product to get in terms of your staff time this afternoon for a PsO patient? Do you really want your staff fighting Prior Auths, DOUBLE step edits and medical letters of necessity all week long to get an product with no safety record when they could be improving office through-put?

Do not stray from message. We did not keep you around to have you do anything we don't tell you to do.

We own the PBMs and we have told them they can't offer unfettered access to this or any IL product or Otezla or anything else or they are in violation of the contract and rebates go BYE BYE.

We own the PBMs and they tell Managed Care what to do. Managed Care tells rheumatologists and dermatologists what to do. No specialty except maybe GI falls into line as quickly as rheumatologists so STAY ON MESSAGE.

HQ

Too funny with the old world view of MHC influence. How is that working in HCV? Novartis makes it easy for patient and derm. They also did not price gauge. Very nice patient assistance program with a great starter pack. Further, with the possibilibility of 100 percent clearance and dare I say remission for some they have rerest the bar. At the end of the day patients want something that works and is easy to use. Once they get the first Rx it is relatively to just refill. Humira and Enbrel have had great runs but the new generation of biologics that are more targeted and effective with fewer side effects will win this battle. Two more il17s are on their way. We are in trouble whether you bury your head in whatever or not.

Generic in 2016. We will see if Novartis can compete with pay no more than $5 for your Humira. The FDA will give your new and improved biologic patent a good analysis crash when you get sued by a generic manufacturer for your patent. Enjoy your privilege while you have it.

Cosentyx is getting excellent reviews by new patients. It could transform this market. Efficacious, easy to use and pain free injections with less frequency. Lacks long term safety data. Humira may be left with the co morbid patients especially those with Crohns. More il 17s are coming.

Cosentyx provides a good comparison.

Ex Humira GI rep here. I live with Psoriasis and was on Humira for about a year. Never saw more than 50% clearance and I was showing a reduced response starting in January. I was switched to Cosentyx a few months ago and now I am almost cleared of P. I would say ACR 90-95. I don't know how long this will last or if my response will slow or the long term safety, but I do know that I am pain free. Cosentyx is a game changer. I was patient no. 1 for my derm and now she has around 10 patients on it. It helps that I am on it for free for the first year.