HUGE ARTICLE IN TODAY's WALL STREET JOURNAL..

You sound like the idiot. I've been doing this for 7 years and I've never seen a territory thrive with no one in it. And if you never worked more than 15 hours you never finished much higher then mid pack- which explains why you aren't here anymore.

I've benn in this business 30 years and seen vacant territories at the top and 20 hour per week smart reps at the top.

I've benn in this business 30 years and seen vacant territories at the top and 20 hour per week smart reps at the top.

Of course some vacant territories are at the top but so many factors- was it rising when the previous rep was there, did the quota drop more then other territories (we don't rank the best run territories #1 a lot better ways to rank us then how they do), did formulary change and are all the territories in that area rising because of it, etc.

I've been doing this job for 16 years at a very high level (Sr. Exec rep) and I agree with the previous poster to some extent- vacant territories never stay at the top except if something out of the ordinary is going on.

To think that representatives have no effect on sales is idiotic.

Of course some vacant territories are at the top but so many factors- was it rising when the previous rep was there, did the quota drop more then other territories (we don't rank the best run territories #1 a lot better ways to rank us then how they do), did formulary change and are all the territories in that area rising because of it, etc.

I've been doing this job for 16 years at a very high level (Sr. Exec rep) and I agree with the previous poster to some extent- vacant territories never stay at the top except if something out of the ordinary is going on.

No. Sorry. But you have no effect on the "sale" of anything. Not in this job. Try again. Quit lying to yourself.

Sr.Exec rep............oooooooooooooooooh! Finally, someone with gravitas on this site...someone we really need to listen to!

No. Sorry. But you have no effect on the "sale" of anything. Not in this job. Try again. Quit lying to yourself.

Your right the whole rep gig is a big conspiracy. With all the pharma and biotech companies and all the directors, managers, sr. sales vp's- they are all protecting the rep job because if the rep goes they will also go. Not one of them at any company would ever say that rep's have zero effect on sales and sell nothing because if they did then they would in fact lose their job.

Dude get a life. You probably think we have aliens in area 51.

Companies have plenty of data that show the value of a rep otherwise companies would get rid of them. And yes we probably have to many reps as an industry which is why you are seeing some downsizing although we are still higher then rep numbers in 2001.

No, I am sorry, but the rep job is worthless. This is evidenced by the number of territories that are empty and end up in with high-market share as well as the number of female reps that end up on award trips after their territories do so great while they are out on maternity leave.

If you think that you bring in millions in revenue, then you are a delusional fool. Anyone that has half a mind knows that this is all freaking pretend. I worked for this outfit for 10 years and might have had 4 weeks total that I worked more than 15 hours, including driving/flying time. I made an ass-ton of money some years and just decent money in others. The only thing that I worked hard at doing was pretending to be doing what you are obviously trying to go out and do in real-life.

You morons that think that this is a real job are always so entertaining. Unfortunately, you are also the ones that are going to be sitting there asking, "what happened?" when the job goes poof.

Quit being such an idiot.........

SOUNDS to me like someone didn't get an award trip, and their lady counterpart DID! Ouch! Sore loser still whining.