How to convert an endo Gia user to echelOn

I would like to hear from the old timers. What's the best tool in your opinion. I must suck cause nothing I say, demo, or show is sticking.

I can only wait to see what the responses will be on this website. You're expecting a serious answer? Good luck with that.

Besides, say there is someone that has an answer to your specific question, do you honestly believe that he/she is going to post it on this public forum for everyone to see?

I can only wait to see what the responses will be on this website. You're expecting a serious answer? Good luck with that.

Besides, say there is someone that has an answer to your specific question, do you honestly believe that he/she is going to post it on this public forum for everyone to see?

Yes. Why not?

Difficult product to convert because Flex is designed for Bariatrics where it works well. Other areas not so much.

Works well in bariatrics? I will admit Im a cov. rep but damn. Ive seen it tear more serosa than a cheese grater. My dr had to switch because of a contract and his stricture rates have gone up 30%. This stapler weighs about twice as much which should matter most to bariatric guys that do serious volume as they practically live with the stapler in their hand. I will admit it is better suited for bariatrics than thoracic.

Works well in bariatrics? I will admit Im a cov. rep but damn. Ive seen it tear more serosa than a cheese grater. My dr had to switch because of a contract and his stricture rates have gone up 30%. This stapler weighs about twice as much which should matter most to bariatric guys that do serious volume as they practically live with the stapler in their hand. I will admit it is better suited for bariatrics than thoracic.

Is it safe to articulate the flex by pushing it up against the body wall?

Okay...Seriouse answer here. I worked for EES for many years. This issue here is that you have been told that Echelon is better and you believe it. Now you are having trouble reconciling what you believe with what is actually happening. The ENDO GIA is a work horse item that has been used reliably for yearsssss. I know that you can't understand why anyone would use a Endo GIA after the pig stomach demo.. right? I have news for you my friend. The demo is rigged to make the ENDO GIA fail. EES trainers have been doing this forever. Here is how 1) The ENDO GIA is always fired on the thickest part of the stomach (which is thicker than its indication) while the Echelon is fired on medium thickness tissue. You would not notice this unless you actually touch the tissue. 2) The ENDO GIA is fired with three really fast firings which causes the instrument to fail. This is inconsistent with the product instructions. Read the EndoGIA firing instructions and you will see what I mean. If followed correctly, the ENDOGIA creates compression and it makes a fine "B".

I'm willing to guess you have been with the company less than 18 months. I say that because it ususally takes that long before folks begin to realize the truth about EES...it then takes another 18 months before they leave to get a better job.

Good Luck

The endo Gia is all plastic and it feels like it's about to snap in thick tissue. I'm not drinking the kool aid. I've fired both staplers and if I was a surgeon I would use echelon just based on sturdiness. You have to admit the quality is waaaay better. It amazes me more drs don't recognize that

To the poster who would use it based on sturdiness if he/she were a surgeon..."feels like its going to snap.." and actually snapping are two different things. The only time an endo Gia snaps is during that rigged pig stomach demo we do in training.

Also, a wise surgeon once told me just because it's new doesn't make it better...some of the best surgical devices used have not changed in ages..thats because if it works well enough, maybe it doesn't need to be changed.

The endo Gia is all plastic and it feels like it's about to snap in thick tissue. I'm not drinking the kool aid. I've fired both staplers and if I was a surgeon I would use echelon just based on sturdiness. You have to admit the quality is waaaay better. It amazes me more drs don't recognize that

As far as thick tissue I believe that Covidien has a thick tissue stapler with an FDA indication for tissue up to 3mm thick stapled and compressed. The Echelon caps out with an indication of 2mm.

As far as more delicate tissues like a PA or PV lightweight, precise and tactile are clearly preferred to robust, heavy and over engineered.

As far as thick tissue I believe that Covidien has a thick tissue stapler with an FDA indication for tissue up to 3mm thick stapled and compressed. The Echelon caps out with an indication of 2mm.

As far as more delicate tissues like a PA or PV lightweight, precise and tactile are clearly preferred to robust, heavy and over engineered.

Since when is over engineered a bad thing? Thats a dumb statement. There is only one reason why the endo Gia is made of plastic... To make more profit!!! Precise and tactile is some serious spin....funny stuff

Since when is over engineered a bad thing? Thats a dumb statement. There is only one reason why the endo Gia is made of plastic... To make more profit!!! Precise and tactile is some serious spin....funny stuff

This is the dumbest post yet, poster has to be a newby. Anything can be over engineered. Covidien over engineered their version of Vicryl - ever heard of Polysorb? New EGIA has a metal shaft which adds sturdiness and it still ways less than 50 lbs.

I'm amazed at how reps make such a big deal about products that no one really gives a flying - F about. Honestly, it's like you are trying to be the biggest ass kisser to your respective companies. You sell staplers! Wake up! It is not that serious.

Didn't one of the ethicon companies just screw have it's sales force and fired them? Didn't EES just buy a reprocessing company after spending years and possibly millions in law suits saying that it infrienged on patents, is unsafe and unhealthy?

My point is that you should wake up and realize that this shit is all about makin money and you should be asking yourself, am I makin money or just being sold a bag of magic beans? ( not does my stapler make better B's)