• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

How many elderly people cannot afford their medicines because we sent reps to Dallas?

Re: How many elderly people cannot afford their medicines because we sent reps to Dal

Way too much bitching going on about this Dallas trip. "Elderly people and there meds...". Really?? That's how deep we're digging to vent frustration?

EVERY PERSON getting the ax has known it was coming for well over a year now! If you haven't planned, that's your problem. Most of us (regular Abbvie employees) have been with the company a mininum of 6-8 years, as very few regular employees were hired after 2007. With 8 years, you'll be paid until December. In these days, that's a pretty damn good layoff severance...and plenty of time for a job search.

I think most of you who are complaining are the people who have never worked in anything other than pharma, and it's finally sinking in that you're going to have to find a job that will require real work, have more hours and will probably pay less.

Nah, that's not it. But thanks for stopping by.

Re: How many elderly people cannot afford their medicines because we sent reps to Dal

Way too much bitching going on about this Dallas trip. "Elderly people and there meds...". Really?? That's how deep we're digging to vent frustration?

EVERY PERSON getting the ax has known it was coming for well over a year now! If you haven't planned, that's your problem. Most of us (regular Abbvie employees) have been with the company a mininum of 6-8 years, as very few regular employees were hired after 2007. With 8 years, you'll be paid until December. In these days, that's a pretty damn good layoff severance...and plenty of time for a job search.

I think most of you who are complaining are the people who have never worked in anything other than pharma, and it's finally sinking in that you're going to have to find a job that will require real work, have more hours and will probably pay less.

So I am not in sales, but I have been here 31 years. How long of severance do you think that I will be able to get?

I think that poster nailed it, son. Besides, its more of an accounting issue as opposed to Econ. Demand for drugs is relatively inelastic, son. Knock a small % off the cost of an inelastic good that has a complicated buying structure and the end purchaser will not see the difference.

Thanks, Dad.

You really think this meeting is going to break the bank? Have you seen how much money has been spent on ads, travel by senior management, useless studies, and the paying of so called key opinion leaders? You think a Dallas trip is going to have a dent?

What about the irregular Abbvie employees?

What about the irregular Abbvie employees?

You mean the contractors who have been lowballed for years? They will find that, well--they will find that they have been lowballed for years and will definitely want to kick themselves.

So I am not in sales, but I have been here 31 years. How long of severance do you think that I will be able to get?

Well, if you've been here for 31 years and you still have to worry about how much severance you get...then you had wayyyyy too much time to have never learned anything about money. If you aren't set up by now, you never will be!

Do you think they will let us keep the IPADS and printers to help with the job search?

My DM sold my company car to me for $2500.00, but they come and took it back anyway