How long is the Merck contract?

I was hired in at 73k which is way lower than my previous job BUT the dbm shared with me that they have a lot of experienced reps and that in order to make it fair and work within their budget most only received that much. If you are in a district with very little neuro or psych experience and you have all the experience then maybe that rep received a higher amount but no more than upper 70's. Each district has "X" amount of monies to work with to divide amongst the team. Pretty straight forward. So those stating over 80k I would highly doubt that.

I am just happy to be employed again regardless of the salary being 5 to 10k off. If the amount is below your budget then continue to look but do not accept the offer so that someone who would be satisfied at 67k-75k can.

I was hired in at 73k which is way lower than my previous job BUT the dbm shared with me that they have a lot of experienced reps and that in order to make it fair and work within their budget most only received that much. If you are in a district with very little neuro or psych experience and you have all the experience then maybe that rep received a higher amount but no more than upper 70's. Each district has "X" amount of monies to work with to divide amongst the team. Pretty straight forward. So those stating over 80k I would highly doubt that.

I am just happy to be employed again regardless of the salary being 5 to 10k off. If the amount is below your budget then continue to look but do not accept the offer so that someone who would be satisfied at 67k-75k can.

I have years in neuro and know all the doctors in my area sorry I didn't see this opening. Did they want those with relationships or only inexperienced?. Just finished another contract.

I have years in neuro and know all the doctors in my area sorry I didn't see this opening. Did they want those with relationships or only inexperienced?. Just finished another contract.

They mainly hired reps with neuro psych experience. Some years of experience reps made it thru without neuro psych. All territories have been interviewed and filled. We are to start this Friday. I

Merck set the contracts up with a 30 day exit, the drug is up for sale. Google Saphris, Merck does not want another third tier product that doesn't sell or they have give it away. The FDA approved strengths that are no better than placebo, good luck against generics.

This is a Top 3 question in Contract world...Let's review the other 2 first.

1. What type of car provided - the classic shallow question for some.

2. Can you rollover (hired) by the client company - probably little to no chance.

3. How long is contract? They are written to be cancelled within DAYS....company may say whatever, it is no guarantee to your job security..2 year contract ends after 9 months? you ain't getting paid for 2 years, you're not getting severance and also stand a good chance of not getting placed on any future contract with company. Save your money - you'll need it when contract ends and they always do.

This is a Top 3 question in Contract world...Let's review the other 2 first.

1. What type of car provided - the classic shallow question for some.

2. Can you rollover (hired) by the client company - probably little to no chance.

3. How long is contract? They are written to be cancelled within DAYS....company may say whatever, it is no guarantee to your job security..2 year contract ends after 9 months? you ain't getting paid for 2 years, you're not getting severance and also stand a good chance of not getting placed on any future contract with company. Save your money - you'll need it when contract ends and they always do.

The contract may last even longer than the real job for any company.
That's the reality. Save your money regardless.