• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Holiday Gift

Well, if you’re worth a shit, you’ll soon have a job and a fat severance check. If you can’t find a job, you probably weren’t good enough to be here anyway. The severance offered is more generous than it should have been compared to other companies, so count yourself fortunate.

And, still, I don’t need your permission to continue to hope for nice benefits while I work here. Your getting laid off doesn’t mean I should be ashamed to ask about perks in the job that I have. The world doesn’t revolve around you, and we don’t need to sit around and wait for you to get over yourself before we aak about a job that we still have.
News flash dumbass, there were plenty of great reps and managers laid off. Getting a new job when sales forces are virtual only is going to be extremely difficult. But thanks for the empathy to those who were displaced. You must be a real delight to be around. And as far as severance ours is industry standard...I've heard of better.

News flash dumbass, there were plenty of great reps and managers laid off. Getting a new job when sales forces are virtual only is going to be extremely difficult. But thanks for the empathy to those who were displaced. You must be a real delight to be around. And as far as severance ours is industry standard...I've heard of better.

Oh, poor you! You act like your the first damn person to ever get laid off. You’re not. And, your “plenty of great reps and managers” should have no trouble finding a job if they’re so great. Jobs are posted; companies are hiring. As soon as you get out of your self-pity party, you’ll be on the right track. I can empathize with you just fine. It’s happened to me. I just don’t sympathize with you - pity won’t do you any good. You’ll be fine. Just, don’t expect everyone to go into mourning because you’re worried right now. The ten’s of thousands of dollars you’re getting paid in severance will get you through, as long as you’re not stupid. And, the industry standard is a week for every year of employment. You’re getting better than that. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and expecting everyone to feel sorry for you as well. Go find a job.

Oh, poor you! You act like your the first damn person to ever get laid off. You’re not. And, your “plenty of great reps and managers” should have no trouble finding a job if they’re so great. Jobs are posted; companies are hiring. As soon as you get out of your self-pity party, you’ll be on the right track. I can empathize with you just fine. It’s happened to me. I just don’t sympathize with you - pity won’t do you any good. You’ll be fine. Just, don’t expect everyone to go into mourning because you’re worried right now. The ten’s of thousands of dollars you’re getting paid in severance will get you through, as long as you’re not stupid. And, the industry standard is a week for every year of employment. You’re getting better than that. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and expecting everyone to feel sorry for you as well. Go find a job.
Look genius I wasn't laid off...I was only responding...you do realize how responses work on CP right?
...but again you're a douche to assume you're retained because you're great. Yeah sure.

Look genius I wasn't laid off...I was only responding...you do realize how responses work on CP right?
...but again you're a douche to assume you've been retained because you're great. Yeah sure. Let's go with that...haha

Well, if you’re worth a shit, you’ll soon have a job and a fat severance check. If you can’t find a job, you probably weren’t good enough to be here anyway. The severance offered is more generous than it should have been compared to other companies, so count yourself fortunate.

And, still, I don’t need your permission to continue to hope for nice benefits while I work here. Your getting laid off doesn’t mean I should be ashamed to ask about perks in the job that I have. The world doesn’t revolve around you, and we don’t need to sit around and wait for you to get over yourself before we aak about a job that we still have.
. Such a douchebag...you’ll get yours, Asswipe.

WOW! What is wrong with all of you?? I don’t understand the hostility to any of these posts at all. Why all the social media bullying like you are a bunch of middle schoolers?? My God grow the F up! Just because you can hide behind the curtain Wizard of Oz doesn’t mean you have the right or should belittle and be a jackass. Stop! If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face then shut the F up and don’t write it. This site actually used to have kinda good rumors/gossip now it’s full of hatefulness and bitterness and again a bunch of jackasses. I’m sorry I even jumped on for even a second.

WOW! What is wrong with all of you?? I don’t understand the hostility to any of these posts at all. Why all the social media bullying like you are a bunch of middle schoolers?? My God grow the F up! Just because you can hide behind the curtain Wizard of Oz doesn’t mean you have the right or should belittle and be a jackass. Stop! If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face then shut the F up and don’t write it. This site actually used to have kinda good rumors/gossip now it’s full of hatefulness and bitterness and again a bunch of jackasses. I’m sorry I even jumped on for even a second.
then jump back off b*tch

Finally, a post that calls for transparency. I agree - if you aren't willing to say it out loud, don't put it here. What a bunch of p*ssies. Yeah, I said that and I'm happy to attach my name to it. Bring it. Scott Coleman (SCOC).

...but again you're a douche to assume you've been retained because you're great. Yeah sure. Let's go with that...haha

I didn’t claim to be great, and I acknowledged that if the people who were laid off were as great as you say they are, then they’ll have no trouble finding job....and have a fat severance check to boot. You just seem to think we should all go into mourning and feel sorry for them. I don’t agree. It will do them no good. And, if I want to know what holiday gift I’m getting this year, whether people were laid off or not has no bearing on whether or not I can ask. I’m sorry I don’t tiptoe around and speak in quiet voices to soothe their delicate feelings. They were laid off - it’s happened to me; it’s probably happened to you; and it will probably happen to all of us again. Move on, get over it, and quit expecting the world to stop.

It must have been 15 years since you were on here. Welcome back.

. Such a douchebag...you’ll get yours, Asswipe.

You’re right. I’m just being incredibly insensitive. Can you let me know what date I can start asking about MY job again? Do I wait until you’re employed? Is there like a 60 day grace period? Do I have to hold off on submitting expense reports or anything, or just asking about job perks? These unwritten rules are hard to follow. Just let me know what they are, and I’ll try to keep my eyes down and look super sad if we come into contact. I’m sure that will be a huge help to you. And, when you feel like we should all quit putting our lives on hold to mourn for your job loss, please let us all know. We have lives to live, too. Just help me understand when yours quits being the most important one in the world for all of us.

Finally, a post that calls for transparency. I agree - if you aren't willing to say it out loud, don't put it here. What a bunch of p*ssies. Yeah, I said that and I'm happy to attach my name to it. Bring it. Scott Coleman (SCOC).

If you’re actually SCOC, you’re a dumbass for calling people pussies and attaching your name to it. That will get you fired - think “hostile work environment”. If you’re not SCOC, you’re just a sack of shit loser for posting someone else’s name on here.

You’re right. I’m just being incredibly insensitive. Can you let me know what date I can start asking about MY job again? Do I wait until you’re employed? Is there like a 60 day grace period? Do I have to hold off on submitting expense reports or anything, or just asking about job perks? These unwritten rules are hard to follow. Just let me know what they are, and I’ll try to keep my eyes down and look super sad if we come into contact. I’m sure that will be a huge help to you. And, when you feel like we should all quit putting our lives on hold to mourn for your job loss, please let us all know. We have lives to live, too. Just help me understand when yours quits being the most important one in the world for all of us.
Let's have lunch! Where are you located?

If you’re actually SCOC, you’re a dumbass for calling people pussies and attaching your name to it. That will get you fired - think “hostile work environment”. If you’re not SCOC, you’re just a sack of shit loser for posting someone else’s name on here.
FU, Loser. I'm teflon here. My track record speaks loudly for me going all the way back to my Diabetes days. We'll see who lasts longer.