Have an interview tomorrow need advice

to the scrub nazi -
i'm in my mid 40s and been doing this more than 20 yrs. I wear scrubs to and from every hospital on more than 9/10 days. It is easy. That's it. I could care less what anyone thinks of me. When i arrive i toss the pair i wore into the laundry and get a pair for cases. I wear that pair home. I care so little about what people think of my dress, bc it does not affect my ability to drive $. I did the daily suit thing for a few early years = dry cleaning was more than $200 month wasted; plus a decent suit is running around $800 and a decent shirt is $90 easy. And, I was less comfortable! So, i give 0 F#cks what you think, as if I want to give someone the wrong impression. I don't have time for that. I'm way too busy for a suit, and way too busy to care what someone else thinks.
Look in the mirror. Maybe you care too much how you look in a suit? I promise you, no one looks at you and says "wow, that guy must be important...he wears a suit." yawn.

to the scrub nazi -
i'm in my mid 40s and been doing this more than 20 yrs. I wear scrubs to and from every hospital on more than 9/10 days. It is easy. That's it. I could care less what anyone thinks of me. When i arrive i toss the pair i wore into the laundry and get a pair for cases. I wear that pair home. I care so little about what people think of my dress, bc it does not affect my ability to drive $. I did the daily suit thing for a few early years = dry cleaning was more than $200 month wasted; plus a decent suit is running around $800 and a decent shirt is $90 easy. And, I was less comfortable! So, i give 0 F#cks what you think, as if I want to give someone the wrong impression. I don't have time for that. I'm way too busy for a suit, and way too busy to care what someone else thinks.
Look in the mirror. Maybe you care too much how you look in a suit? I promise you, no one looks at you and says "wow, that guy must be important...he wears a suit." yawn.

I don't wear a suit, just common sense business casual. It's obvious you don't care what people think because I guarantee you people are laughing at you daily trying to look cool in your scrubs. I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. If you are truly in your 40's and at least half successful, no way you think it's ok to wear scrubs around town, I simply don't believe it. I think you are a goof because nobody with experience would truly do that. You are just trying to stir the pot. I call BS on that post

to the scrub nazi -

+1

this is from another someone that's been doing this O.R. thing (Synthes & Ortho Distributor & many years of Neuro) for longer than most of you have been around. Started wearing scrubs in my Synthes days and truly considered myself a Jr. Orthopod...wrong.....what one needs to really consider other than the supposed cool factor....your in and out of procedures at different hospitals starting early and last case in the afternoon....still wearing the same set of funky scrubs....you don't see them but their are multitudes of microscopic air born crap flying around in the outside environment. This really struck home back when I was covering New Orleans before and after Katrina...Hospitals at the time, positively wouldn't even allow you in their O.R., much less an O.R. Suite without wearing their clean scrubs. Again, the possibility of bringing in something that could be harmful to their supposed sterile O.R. environment. Not only are you not cool but you're posing a possible threat to the kid laying on the table getting a hole cut in his cranium. Cool was riding around in my scrubs in my 911... Nuff Said...

New poster here... Holy shit this scrub talk has become so exhausting. I've been in OR device for 10 years and I'd say I wear scrubs 80% of the time. I do this for convenience. I don't even understand the "you think you're cool" wearing scrubs argument. Or you're trying to look like a doctor argument. Surgeons rarely ever wear scrubs outside the OR, so that's a moot point. Hell a vet tech wears scrubs. However, I don't wear the hospitals scrubs to and from accounts. I wear my own scrubs to the hospital, then I change into theirs, then I change back into mine when I leave. It's way more convenient that way, because what I'm wearing gets folded up and goes into my bag. I'm not taking a locker that is there for employees of the hospitals. It also cuts down on the dry cleaning bill as another poster mentioned. Which isn't a bad thing. If you wanna wear biz cas, a suit, etc. then go ahead. If I wanna wear scrubs I will. Lastly, I don't give a shit what people think of me. I'm comfortable with who I am as a person and I'm successful in my job. Those are my 2 cents and I vow to never post on this topic again.

New poster here... Holy shit this scrub talk has become so exhausting. I've been in OR device for 10 years and I'd say I wear scrubs 80% of the time. I do this for convenience. I don't even understand the "you think you're cool" wearing scrubs argument. Or you're trying to look like a doctor argument. Surgeons rarely ever wear scrubs outside the OR, so that's a moot point. Hell a vet tech wears scrubs. However, I don't wear the hospitals scrubs to and from accounts. I wear my own scrubs to the hospital, then I change into theirs, then I change back into mine when I leave. It's way more convenient that way, because what I'm wearing gets folded up and goes into my bag. I'm not taking a locker that is there for employees of the hospitals. It also cuts down on the dry cleaning bill as another poster mentioned. Which isn't a bad thing. If you wanna wear biz cas, a suit, etc. then go ahead. If I wanna wear scrubs I will. Lastly, I don't give a shit what people think of me. I'm comfortable with who I am as a person and I'm successful in my job. Those are my 2 cents and I vow to never post on this topic again.

Loser alert! you wear scrubs to work, only to change into a different pair of scrubs when you get there…nuff said about you..LOL LOL

You're right, I'm such a loser. Damn these scrubs. They've ruined my life.

No, u r just a clueless 27 yo newbie rep that doesn't know yet you look like a moron trying to be hip with your company logo and backpack. I'm a spine distributor and I can promise you none of my reps are that moronic or insecure to wear their scrubs outside of the hospital. So many reasons to list but you are a clueless young trauma rep my guess is. Tootle loo !! Please check with your fellow associates to make you realize you loon like a douche canoe and not a Dr

No, u r just a clueless 27 yo newbie rep that doesn't know yet you look like a moron trying to be hip with your company logo and backpack. I'm a spine distributor and I can promise you none of my reps are that moronic or insecure to wear their scrubs outside of the hospital. So many reasons to list but you are a clueless young trauma rep my guess is. Tootle loo !! Please check with your fellow associates to make you realize you loon like a douche canoe and not a Dr

As I mentioned, I've been in the business for 10 years, so unless I got in at 17 I'm not 27. I'm intelligent, but not that intelligent. I have plenty of friends that work for one of the big boy spine companies and they wear scrubs. They also probably kick the teeth in of your fucking ankle bitter distributorship on the regular. So, doesn't seem to be hurting their business. Now get out there and hammer on your reps. There's probably a couple wearing scrubs at the moment. You slimy fuck. Douche canoe? Real mature buddy. How old are you? Please send me an approved dress code and type of bag I should carry. Never mind, just fuck off.

As I mentioned, I've been in the business for 10 years, so unless I got in at 17 I'm not 27. I'm intelligent, but not that intelligent. I have plenty of friends that work for one of the big boy spine companies and they wear scrubs. They also probably kick the teeth in of your fucking ankle bitter distributorship on the regular. So, doesn't seem to be hurting their business. Now get out there and hammer on your reps. There's probably a couple wearing scrubs at the moment. You slimy fuck. Douche canoe? Real mature buddy. How old are you? Please send me an approved dress code and type of bag I should carry. Never mind, just fuck off.

Funny thread here, I am glad I stumbled upon this. 10 years is not that long that you are an authority on proper protocol. I own an Orthopedic ( non spine) and DME distributorship in the midwest and do not allow my reps to wear their scrubs outside of when it is necessary, mostly for safety reasons and I like to foster a professional image for my reps. I actually give them a clothing allowance. This person sounds like they posted while drunk. To each his own I guess. But I bet this "ankle biter" Spine Distributor makes millions a year while you probably pull down 150K, puff your chest out, think you are a stud with scrubs and lease an expensive car you can't afford. Just my 2 cents from a long time Ortho rep and now distributor. Please respond with more cursing and profanity to embarrass yourself even further.

Funny thread here, I am glad I stumbled upon this. 10 years is not that long that you are an authority on proper protocol. I own an Orthopedic ( non spine) and DME distributorship in the midwest and do not allow my reps to wear their scrubs outside of when it is necessary, mostly for safety reasons and I like to foster a professional image for my reps. I actually give them a clothing allowance. This person sounds like they posted while drunk. To each his own I guess. But I bet this "ankle biter" Spine Distributor makes millions a year while you probably pull down 150K, puff your chest out, think you are a stud with scrubs and lease an expensive car you can't afford. Just my 2 cents from a long time Ortho rep and now distributor. Please respond with more cursing and profanity to embarrass yourself even further.

A clothing allowance, that's cute. Do you guys do team shopping events? Do you give them lunch money too? Or maybe your wife packs them a sack lunch? Ever go on field trips? If any of these are a yes... I might be interested in a job.

This reminds me of a time I worked at a DME place so not surgery/ scrubs. Stuff like that. In fact, it was more business casual but that is once you get the job. So this guy was a pity interview/ hire just so his kids could go to a certain school the owner favored. Horrible resume. But anyway, was told I had to interview the guy. Sure, fine. So call the guy to schedule, he calls me back 15 minutes later and asked me how he should dress. LOL. My response "it's an interview" Anyone that is interviewing for any type of professional job should wear a suit. To top it off, he repeatedly called 4 or 5 times a day to say "thank you" Guy was a mess.

Then you got the opposite. Me. So this was my first day on the job. i had no idea. i was doing a ride along with another rep. I show up wearing a shirt and tie. He's like, "take that off, people are going to think you are my boss". Always easy to lose a tie and jacket then not bring 1 at all. I really don't see how people can wear full suits all day out in the field especially in warm humid climates.

I agree with this dude... Well stated.

Whatever you're wearing.......lose the backpack.
Yes, I'm for the scrubs. Who gives a crap if you're at the grocery store in scrubs...seriously....good luck finding a locker with your street clothes