Have an interview tomorrow need advice

Anonymous

So i normally only wear business casual these days. Dress pants and usually some sort of plaid button down.

Is it wrong to wear this for an interview?

I would normally wear a suit and tie, but being a work day tomorrow, it would look incredibly funny of me to wear that should i be with coworkers or my boss, which is quite possible.

Thoughts?

<

My thoughts:
"Wow, how did this idiot get a job interview?"
Yep....

"As you are putting together your interview outfit, here are some statistics to keep in mind:

*33% of hiring managers/bosses claimed that they knew within the first 90 seconds of an interview whether they would hire you.

*Only 7% of this initial impression comes from what you say; 55% comes from the way you dress, act and walk through the door.

*65% of bosses said that clothes could be the deciding factor between two similar candidates.

So put some thought into what you are planning to wear. "

http://www.snelling.com/Candidate_Resources/What_not_to_wear_to_an_Interview/

I want to be the other guy going for the same position as you

Ha yea no shit. I've seen some dumb questions on this website but wow on this one. Wear a suit and tie you moron. Fold up your jacket and take off your tie and put it in your bag or your car when you're done. BAM! back to business casual with slacks and a button down if you run into your boss. Not rocket science my friend

If you came dressed in anything other than business formal, as a hiring manager I would ask you why you are dressed casually the very first thing. Unless I made the determination before the interview that casual was okay (like we are meeting at an account and you're in cases all day so I know you'll be in scrubs), you would either be in business formal, or I'd pass on you. I actually did interview a guy not long ago who was not only not wearing a suit, but was sloppy in appearance. Strong resume, but self awareness is important to me as a manager as well as having a desire to work at my company. If you can't take the time to suit up, I wonder about your motivation level for any work.
So, in short, this is an interview 101 question. Shaking my head a bit that it even needed to be asked.

Wow if the only concern you have before your interview is what to wear, you should probably just stay home tomorrow. Ask yourself this, have you ever heard of someone not getting a job because they wore a suit and tie to the interview?

If you came dressed in anything other than business formal, as a hiring manager I would ask you why you are dressed casually the very first thing. Unless I made the determination before the interview that casual was okay (like we are meeting at an account and you're in cases all day so I know you'll be in scrubs), you would either be in business formal, or I'd pass on you. I actually did interview a guy not long ago who was not only not wearing a suit, but was sloppy in appearance. Strong resume, but self awareness is important to me as a manager as well as having a desire to work at my company. If you can't take the time to suit up, I wonder about your motivation level for any work.
So, in short, this is an interview 101 question. Shaking my head a bit that it even needed to be asked.

wearing scrubs anywhere but the OR is a rookie loser move just trying to look important, see Stryker board with many funny stories. Take 5 minutes and change, instead of looking like a tool going to grocery store in scrubs, or worse yet, an interview. I would never in a million years hire anyone that showed up to an interview in scrubs. Funniest is when reps where scrubs to the airport!!

wearing scrubs anywhere but the OR is a rookie loser move just trying to look important, see Stryker board with many funny stories. Take 5 minutes and change, instead of looking like a tool going to grocery store in scrubs, or worse yet, an interview. I would never in a million years hire anyone that showed up to an interview in scrubs. Funniest is when reps where scrubs to the airport!!

If you wanna hang your fancy outfits in a dank OR locker room all day, and run up a hefty dry cleaning bill while you're at it, be my guest. Formal customer meetings, dinners, interviews, etc. obviously have a higher sartorial retirement, but there's nothing wrong with wearing scrubs if your going to be in the OR all day, even if you have to go to the grocery store on your way home.

If you wanna hang your fancy outfits in a dank OR locker room all day, and run up a hefty dry cleaning bill while you're at it, be my guest. Formal customer meetings, dinners, interviews, etc. obviously have a higher sartorial retirement, but there's nothing wrong with wearing scrubs if your going to be in the OR all day, even if you have to go to the grocery store on your way home.

No fancy outfits, just common sense slacks and shirt. Takes me 5 minutes to change. I get a kick out of the newbie reps, 25 year olds, that think it makes them look important by wearing their company logo scrubs to the store, airport or kids practices. My Dr.s get a good laugh as well. Don't know any successful rep over the age of say 30 that actually does that. I would be embarrassed for them. Take a few minutes and put normal clothes on. You are not a Dr…Sheesh. don't they teach you this in training. You must be a young Jedi trauma rep.

Dude, you don't seriously wear your scrubs to the grocery store???? talk to your manager…what a loser!!!

since you have to change out of the scrubs to go into the OR, have to wonder why scrubs are a requirement. Why not jeans and a T Shirt? I know, not as cool looking as scrubs. People on the street won't look at you the same. Branded scrubs are one thing. What I like are the ones who wear the scrubs they took from an account. Don't want anyone knowing they're a device rep. Why not let everyone think we're something we're not.

since you have to change out of the scrubs to go into the OR, have to wonder why scrubs are a requirement. Why not jeans and a T Shirt? I know, not as cool looking as scrubs. People on the street won't look at you the same. Branded scrubs are one thing. What I like are the ones who wear the scrubs they took from an account. Don't want anyone knowing they're a device rep. Why not let everyone think we're something we're not.

You seem to have really put a lot of thought into this. It must take years of years of wisdom to continually put outfits together that tell the the world that you are a successful grown up, but that you're not trying to look like something you're not, while making it look like your you're not trying too hard. Good luck with all that. I'm wearing scrubs. Cause it's easy.

yeah, cuz wearing business attire to walk into a hospital and change into scrubs all day is going to get me that extra order.
If you're going straight to the hospital and will be in cases all day, I see zero reason to not wear scrubs. In fact, you're wasting your time putting on business attire for that 5 minute walk from your car. Makes no logical sense whatsoever.
Plus, you run the risk of your clothes being dumped on the floor as hospitals rarely, if ever, give you a locker to secure your belongings. Northwestern Memorial in Chicago, one of the largest hospitals in the world, has a chair in the locker room for all the reps to throw their clothes on. Yes, a chair. It looks like Goodwill around 1 pm.
Going to the grocery store or flying, so what? Anyone who is complaining about reps wearing scrubs to do menial tasks needs to focus more on their own problems and what someone else is wearing.
Now, back to the OP's question-- you have got to be kidding. That doesn't even warrant an answer. Anything other than a suit and the interviewing manager should tell you how awesome his company's parking lot is, the font used on their brochures and how he once ate a cheeseburger. The last thing he should do is interview you.

I gotta weigh in here. Been doing this a long time. No way I would ever wear scrubs outside of hospital. You gotta be real desperate for attention if you think this is O.K, I could see a newbie 25 yo rep, but I don't know of any successful tenured reps that do this. Good god, are u kidding about wearing scrubs to airport or store. It would take a very insecure/or retarded rep to do this.