• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Hate the Lucentis division!

<

I so regret taking this job. No offense to anyone else, but how can you stand it? My manager is a complete douchebag and has the Napoleon complex.

I'm sorry to hear that but I truly feel blessed to be with Genentech and on the Lucentis team! I do hope your situation gets better because it's terrible to hate your job. Your manager will make or break you for any job but I've definitely lucked out in that department!

I'm sorry to hear that but I truly feel blessed to be with Genentech and on the Lucentis team! I do hope your situation gets better because it's terrible to hate your job. Your manager will make or break you for any job but I've definitely lucked out in that department!

Thanks. He really is a nightmare but it is nice to hear some people like it in this division

It's funny how some people get where they are. It's sure isn't because of their skills. I'm in oncology and have a mgr that is a disaster but, he has good sales reps and makes him look successful. This makes him untouchable. The mgr makes customers mad, has no clue what he is doing but, the RSD loves him. I guess you just have to play the game.
The problem is, there is no way to review these guys that is that is blinded.

It's funny how some people get where they are. It's sure isn't because of their skills. I'm in oncology and have a mgr that is a disaster but, he has good sales reps and makes him look successful. This makes him untouchable. The mgr makes customers mad, has no clue what he is doing but, the RSD loves him. I guess you just have to play the game.
The problem is, there is no way to review these guys that is that is blinded.

Well exactly. Go on LinkedIn and look at some of these manager's backgrounds. They had no sales awards and were mediocre at best but yet they are telling high performing sales people how to sell? It is such a joke.