• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Give Everyone Answers Now & Not Later

anonymous

How about transformation at the top of the chain? Things need to change now and it needs to begin with senior leadership. This is not the way to successfully run an organization. I’ve been here 7 years and used to be so proud of where I worked and believed Genentech protected their own. Stop using the words “it’s business” and start using the words “it’s the people” again. You hired each and every person and expect their allegiance and you have the resources to sustain every single employee here and ensure employment. People need to have the confidence they will have a job now and in the future if they are in good standing. Reveal the changes now as we all know you know what is planned. No one should ever have to work for any period of time looking behind their shoulder trying t do the best job they can while wondering if their own company has their back.

Genentech is like an old former boxing champion still fighting at 55 years old, but living off his old reputation as a champ. People feel sorry for that boxer who is still living in the past, and just cant compete against younger, faster more powerful boxers. Genentech used to be the champ in bio onc and now look. Tecentriq getting beat by BMS, and killed by Merck, Esbriet is getting killed by Boeringher, and soon Xolair will be crushed by Regeneron and AZ. The one flicker of hope is Ocrevus, and maybe Hemlibra.Oh and the hottest treatments are with GIlead and Novartis in CAR-T. Where in Gene? Not even in the arena. Sad.

You can never go wrong taking care of your people and there will always be competition. Take care of your employees Genentech!
Or just try being honest. We all realize when companies are in the decline phase everyone can't keep their jobs but the poor example set last year by oncology was disgraceful.

How about transformation at the top of the chain? Things need to change now and it needs to begin with senior leadership. This is not the way to successfully run an organization. I’ve been here 7 years and used to be so proud of where I worked and believed Genentech protected their own. Stop using the words “it’s business” and start using the words “it’s the people” again. You hired each and every person and expect their allegiance and you have the resources to sustain every single employee here and ensure employment. People need to have the confidence they will have a job now and in the future if they are in good standing. Reveal the changes now as we all know you know what is planned. No one should ever have to work for any period of time looking behind their shoulder trying t do the best job they can while wondering if their own company has their back.
Certainly hate to see good people lose their jobs but, really, what does the MS franchise expect? There has been a steady stream of 'please make our territories fair' for the past year. Did you not realize that would mean merging geographies thus less jobs?

Certainly hate to see good people lose their jobs but, really, what does the MS franchise expect? There has been a steady stream of 'please make our territories fair' for the past year. Did you not realize that would mean merging geographies thus less jobs?

Those were all valid complaints, but the problem isn’t too many reps at all. The problem is the unequal dispersion of territories. The territories could easily be more equalized and fair for all. Reducing the sales force from a highly successful franchise would be the most ignorant thing to do especially when the launch overshoot goals and more neurologic agents are expected from pipeline.

Those were all valid complaints, but the problem isn’t too many reps at all. The problem is the unequal dispersion of territories. The territories could easily be more equalized and fair for all. Reducing the sales force from a highly successful franchise would be the most ignorant thing to do especially when the launch overshoot goals and more neurologic agents are expected from pipeline.
You are ignorant and sound very entitled. Probably a millennial. Genentech is not looking for equalization, it wants optimization. It needs to be leaner. Ocrevus will be just fine, trust me. Biosims are on the horizon. Have you seen the stock price lately? Get a clue.

You are ignorant and sound very entitled. Probably a millennial. Genentech is not looking for equalization, it wants optimization. It needs to be leaner. Ocrevus will be just fine, trust me. Biosims are on the horizon. Have you seen the stock price lately? Get a clue.

Agreed! Genentech is too big, too many reps, and no Co. cares about employees ,thats just capitalism. That "care for employees" are lies told at every company, just like "we put the patient first" lol. All companies say it but never mean it. The lawyers and compliance dont think of the patient , they think of the company only! Its all lies! Seriously all managers and leadership lie everyday, and the best liars make it up the chain. Look at leaders in politics on both parties, all lies told everyday. Obama told a ton of them and so does Trump. Look at NY Attorney General Eric Scheniderman who beat his girlfriends while being a leader in the Me too movement for women. lol its all BS!! If you accept this it will be easier for your psyche

Agreed! Genentech is too big, too many reps, and no Co. cares about employees ,thats just capitalism. That "care for employees" are lies told at every company, just like "we put the patient first" lol. All companies say it but never mean it. The lawyers and compliance dont think of the patient , they think of the company only! Its all lies! Seriously all managers and leadership lie everyday, and the best liars make it up the chain. Look at leaders in politics on both parties, all lies told everyday. Obama told a ton of them and so does Trump. Look at NY Attorney General Eric Scheniderman who beat his girlfriends while being a leader in the Me too movement for women. lol its all BS!! If you accept this it will be easier for your psyche

Nice try responding twice trying to look like two people. There re no entitled people other than many were sold a bill of goods that never happened. No matter what your outlook, it makes no business sense to do by reductions one yet into a successful launch. Speaking of psyche, you need to look deep in yourself for being an alarmist and coming across like you enjoy it. It catches up with you in the end. Try being nice for a change.

I’m sure you’ve been told this many, many times. But you truly are an ass. Our only hope s is that you don’t make the cut. That would truly balance everything!

Your Welcome you overpaid Starbucks delivery rep. Enjoy the Audi before it's gone.

Maybe you can use the car for Uber/Lyft to drive your customers around at Asco.

Would this be a sales call?

There’s are some really immature people with no class here at GNE. I often see that at meetings, especially when they start drinking. Genentech is going to have to start imposing a 2 drunk per day limit rule because people just become filthy drunks.

There’s are some really immature people with no class here at GNE. I often see that at meetings, especially when they start drinking. Genentech is going to have to start imposing a 2 drunk per day limit rule because people just become filthy drunks.

Yes, the drinking has to stop. It's far worse than any other company out there. Compliance needs to change the company policy. The idiots can’t handle their liquor around here at all.

You're obviously a Mormon, because who else would care so much about other people's drinking? One needs to drink to drown out the crappy culture of this Company. Please dont take the only thing we have left! Always a fuddy duddy trying to ruin the fun. Go home Chruch lady!!