• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Gilenya patient DEAD , Thanks Novartis , bye bye MS salesforce

I was a Gilenya patient from January until June when I stopped the medication.

I'm not certain I will ever be back to whatever normal is with MS. I developed Meningeal enhancement of the brain of the Dura while on Gilenya ( [pachymeningitis). Six months later after stopping Gilenya, I am not better and the dural inflammation has now moved to the cervical spine in addition to the brain.

These side effects were not listed in the clinical trials. Although I reported my experience to the FDA and Novartis, there has not been a response from either entity requesting any information about the adverse reaction I've experienced.

I understand that the more people take a new medicine, the more side effects will be experienced, some negative. I was hoping this would be a good drug.

One out of 28,000. Do the math on that percentage. Non-story.

Every journey starts with one (first) step. Every incident of deaths due to adverse effects of drug, starts with first patient. Is this the first one? Is this also the last one, or first of many to come. Maybe the reps should insists on any availavle info that the Co may be hiding and hoping (usually against hope) that the reality of using the drug in huge numbers of patients will be different than that of use in trials. It would not be the first time this (Novartis) co would cover up the data. His was not the case with Sandoz the noble company killed by the merger (read murder) in 1996. That company never covered up any data and would never put a dangerous drug on the market. Only once in case of Clozaril, drug went on sale with no data of its dangerous side effects but the moment several patients died in Finland from treatment, the drug was voluntarily withdrown from markets worldwid.
You know the rest of the Clozaril story.

Every journey starts with one (first) step. Every incident of deaths due to adverse effects of drug, starts with first patient. Is this the first one? Is this also the last one, or first of many to come. Maybe the reps should insists on any availavle info that the Co may be hiding and hoping (usually against hope) that the reality of using the drug in huge numbers of patients will be different than that of use in trials. It would not be the first time this (Novartis) co would cover up the data. His was not the case with Sandoz the noble company killed by the merger (read murder) in 1996. That company never covered up any data and would never put a dangerous drug on the market. Only once in case of Clozaril, drug went on sale with no data of its dangerous side effects but the moment several patients died in Finland from treatment, the drug was voluntarily withdrown from markets worldwid.
You know the rest of the Clozaril story.

still around isn't it ?

Another strong obstacle will be the quotas too high and the nation well under 100%. Motivation in the tank. Will this be addressed Jan 2nd? Of course not because management does not even realize it is an issue.

I hope you understand they do not plan on paying out above 100% this year. On Monday night of the Jan meeting field employees from across the country will meet privately to discuss how we will proceed with the non compete lawsuit.The attorney will be available on the phone to answer questions.It looks promising.

I hope you understand they do not plan on paying out above 100% this year. On Monday night of the Jan meeting field employees from across the country will meet privately to discuss how we will proceed with the non compete lawsuit.The attorney will be available on the phone to answer questions.It looks promising.

Let me know when/where and I'll come running to it!

What you should all do is quit en mass unless they give you proper bonus.
Think about it . How could they possibly let the ENTIRE MS sales force walk !
It would destroy what little, if any, credibility they have
& it would make national news !
You'd be hero's like those chilean miners !!!

My physicians were not very happy when I told them about this patient, and not the Gilenya rep. I guess he will have something to talk about next time they call on these Neuro's. I always thought it was better to be upfront and honest with the doctor's then hoping it will go away. I guess that isn't the Novartis way. Also yes you were gaining traction in the territory, be interesting to see how this effect's the territory.

My physicians were not very happy when I told them about this patient, and not the Gilenya rep. I guess he will have something to talk about next time they call on these Neuro's. I always thought it was better to be upfront and honest with the doctor's then hoping it will go away. I guess that isn't the Novartis way. Also yes you were gaining traction in the territory, be interesting to see how this effect's the territory.

ooohhhh you bleeding heart ??????

Hey r***** WTF is a buogen ?

& as usual nvs is a chicken shit outfit scared to perform head to head trials
"Thursday, with patients who took Gilenya less likely to have a relapse in symptoms compared with patients who took a placebo.

the same as WTF are you animal go back to your own cage/site BYOGEN !!!!!

"Thursday, with patients who took Gilenya less likely to have a relapse in symptoms compared with patients who took a placebo.

may be you should make yourself/comments a little less obvious in regards to who you are ??? LOL man get a life of your own.

making the same comment, same time ??!!!! allover WTF loser ????!!

Biogen loser go away nobody cares what you think. So even if your drug is better who cares it's just a job get a life. Does it make you feel like a real man knocking Gilenya. I bet you wife is a pig if she was hot you would be fucking her now instead of reading this.

AUDIENCE: Neurology, Patients

ISSUE: The FDA has received a report of a patient with multiple sclerosis (MS) who died within 24 hours of taking the first dose of Gilenya (fingolimod). At this time, FDA cannot conclude whether the drug resulted in the patient's death. FDA is continuing to evaluate the case and will communicate any new information that results from this investigation.

BACKGROUND: Gilenya (fingolimod) is an oral medication for the treatment of relapsing forms of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in adults. Gilenya is used to reduce the frequency of flare-ups (clinical exacerbations) and delay physical disability.

RECOMMENDATION: At this time, FDA continues to believe that Gilenya provides an important health benefit when used as directed and recommends that healthcare professionals who prescribe Gilenya follow the recommendations in the approved drug label. Patients with MS should not stop taking Gilenya without talking to their healthcare professional.

FDA will communicate any new information on Gilenya and this case when it becomes available.

Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:

Biogen loser go away nobody cares what you think. So even if your drug is better who cares it's just a job get a life. Does it make you feel like a real man knocking Gilenya. I bet you wife is a pig if she was hot you would be fucking her now instead of reading this.

Amen to that, pigs with no ethics or pricipal with shady practice. FDA will get them soon because my doctors telling me all about them. you couldn't work for biogen if you weren't a low life.

Many resigning on January 3rd. Management has finally realized morale has decreased dramatically since Summer. Will address at Jan meeting. The headhunters have the MS roster and will begin calling you for new positions in early Jan. Neurology - non MS.