• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Gilead has been great during COVID-19

anonymous

I read a lot of negativity on here, just wanted to share my appreciation to Gilead. As someone in sales I feel From the beginning they have put a high premium on our well being. The large Office Stipend and Child Care Stipend we can get are above and beyond. I’ve worked at other Pharma/Biotech companies and am confident this companies response has been unmatched. Ive always realized the great products we have, and I’ve known how well the company has treated us in the past via compensation, stock, etc., but this is special. Thank you.

I read a lot of negativity on here, just wanted to share my appreciation to Gilead. As someone in sales I feel From the beginning they have put a high premium on our well being. The large Office Stipend and Child Care Stipend we can get are above and beyond. I’ve worked at other Pharma/Biotech companies and am confident this companies response has been unmatched. Ive always realized the great products we have, and I’ve known how well the company has treated us in the past via compensation, stock, etc., but this is special. Thank you.

hr shill working on a holiday?

Lets face it. We are spoiled. We just got an incredible stipend to help out however we see fit during this crisis. Above and beyond Gilead!

Still, there will be the complainers. Same as always. You guys suck.

I agree - real happy with Gilead so far. Great companies build loyalty in times like this.

That's awesome to hear. I am in the interviewing process regarding the RA scale up and have a phone interview with the hiring manager this next week. Great to hear Gilead is doing right by all of you during this unprecedented time. It's good to see those of you expressing your appreciation and no, I am not a Gilead manager or HR posting on here. My current company is treating us well so I cannot complain, however, like all of you, I am obviously concerned about more layoffs especially since there have been six companies already that i know of in the past two weeks letting large #'s of reps go. Best of luck to all of you at Gilead. Stay well. Happy Easter!

The RA sales force is not expected to be profitable for three years. You are forced rank.. can’t use MHC as an excuse the North America VP managed this way his BU. Expect consistent growth over goal despite No formulary coverage there will not be goal relief bc that is not the Gilead way.

I love how people say that this division will not be profitable. Well, I'm hear to tell ya, that's what they thought about Otezla and look at what we did there! As much as you want to believe that formulary coverage makes a difference, well....it doesn't! If the drug is as good as they say it will be then we are just fine. Rinvoq is starting to take off, so that's good sign for Gilead. JAK's are going to start to take over a big portion of the market.

I love how people say that this division will not be profitable. Well, I'm hear to tell ya, that's what they thought about Otezla and look at what we did there! As much as you want to believe that formulary coverage makes a difference, well....it doesn't! If the drug is as good as they say it will be then we are just fine. Rinvoq is starting to take off, so that's good sign for Gilead. JAK's are going to start to take over a big portion of the market.
It will be profitable, and Gilead is sitting on 30 Billion in cash and Remdesivir for Corona. This sales force, and all of Gilead, will be sitting very pretty for a while.

It will be profitable, and Gilead is sitting on 30 Billion in cash and Remdesivir for Corona. This sales force, and all of Gilead, will be sitting very pretty for a while.

wrong and terribly navie.
and history repeats itself. nobody is ever sitting pretty. save up while you are working, and never think a company has your back.
they don't
its just not in their nature, their structure to care about you.
they only care about the big time shareholders.
you are welcome, for the reality check.
stop being a sucker all your life.

The difference here is we owe royalties to Galapagos. Gilead is not an aggressive contracting company never has been in the industry. Marketing is trying to figure out how to launch with an unknown PI., abbvie once again has the upper hand in this market. Look who is in charge Roche.. history upsizing and downsizing.
The thirty billion is what we had.. don’t forget that how much debt we had as well. We bought companies in early stages. Look at Yescarta.., never see an roi then patent infringement. As the RA managers don’t share the market is in GI not RA anyone close to the data knows it. Northeast KC run. He yells at his reps

The difference here is we owe royalties to Galapagos. Gilead is not an aggressive contracting company never has been in the industry. Marketing is trying to figure out how to launch with an unknown PI., abbvie once again has the upper hand in this market. Look who is in charge Roche.. history upsizing and downsizing.
The thirty billion is what we had.. don’t forget that how much debt we had as well. We bought companies in early stages. Look at Yescarta.., never see an roi then patent infringement. As the RA managers don’t share the market is in GI not RA anyone close to the data knows it. Northeast KC run. He yells at his reps

Obviously all these companies are about profit. I think the OP was simply stating Gilead is in much better position right now than nearly every other Biotech or Pharma company (of which she is right and I agree).

Well, why are we stuck at $75 with all the positive happenings?
Because no profit in Covid treatment. Media/Libs already forced us to donate millions of doses (they still aren’t happy). After that, when we as a capitalist inventor/discoverer of same product try to charge a modest price they will scream again (you watch).

Because no profit in Covid treatment. Media/Libs already forced us to donate millions of doses (they still aren’t happy). After that, when we as a capitalist inventor/discoverer of same product try to charge a modest price they will scream again (you watch).
Very true - and in the last 2 months the market is down 20% and Gilead is up 20%, so I’m a little confused how the poster can say with all upbeat news why isn’t Gilead doing better?

We should be $95 minimum now.

But you’re not and you won’t be. Gilead is pushing smoke and mirrors to the media. HCV, you’ve cured you way out of a job, HIV, the only steady market due to the aberrant sexual appetite of the gay male and minorities still a high risk group. Oncology, well that 1.2 billion judgement has to sting. NASH, not happening. JAK, possibilities abound but can the company be aggressive contracting to get into the game. I don’t see $95 anywhere here.

I am still doing 4 days of telephone aka zoom calls thar my previous RD in NE encouraged and now he is my ERD so I love flex time out of my house and only hit local targets once a week. It's great having a RD now ERD who really encourages us to do whatever we want.
I nor most of our NE have even stepped into the hospital. As long as my ERD let's me work from home on my time 4 days a week, I am good.

I am still doing 4 days of telephone aka zoom calls thar my previous RD in NE encouraged and now he is my ERD so I love flex time out of my house and only hit local targets once a week. It's great having a RD now ERD who really encourages us to do whatever we want.
I nor most of our NE have even stepped into the hospital. As long as my ERD let's me work from home on my time 4 days a week, I am good.