• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Gilead Exec Denies Former Aide's Sexual Allegations

At least, KY wasn't married when he put himself in a compromising situation with a subordinate. I can easily top that story, so here goes...

In 2016, I attended a Gilead P-Club trip in Cabo with my former EVP hubby and we were having a fabulous time. We brought our son with us and when we weren't doing day activities with him and P-club winners, we were having plenty of romance during the evenings (if you know what I mean). On the last night of the trip, my hubby disappeared for 2 hours from the award ceremony after-party and I found out a few years later, he'd dipped out with the Miami rep for some "alone time". You'd think they'd have the "decency" to have a secret meetup when I wasn't nearby at the party and our son wasn't at the same hotel. You'd think he'd have the "decency" not to cheat on his wife, much less, while I with him on a company sponsored trip for Christ sakes.

I have no idea what transpired between them, although I have to assume the worst, since he lied about his whereabouts. Even if they didn't hookup, it wasn't cool to sneak off with a female subordinate who was many rungs beneath him. Fortunately for him, she didn't use that dalliance as an opportunity to sue Gilead (as far as I know). Unfortunately for him, his cheating ways ended our marriage and I'm better off without having that fool in my life. The Miami rep can have him, lucky girl ;).

Seriously, when are older men who have large egos and large bank accounts going to figure out that they have a lot of exposure (professional, legal, monetary) when they screw around with female subordinate colleagues? I guess never.
I’m sure you are aware, he stepped out on you a lot more often than just that time…I know this for a fact

I’m sure you are aware, he stepped out on you a lot more often than just that time…I know this for a fact

Yup, I'm aware nowadays, but I had no idea at the time because he was such a good liar. He actually commiserated with girlfriends of mine about their cheating husbands. He would often say that I'm "so lucky to have a husband like him because most execs at his level screw around". Now I know that he began cheating early on with KB and when I heard about those rumors, he swore on our children's lives that they weren't true. I believed him at the time and had no idea that he was just getting warmed up.

Where is Meyers now?
He moved to the East Coast and is dating again and, here's the kicker, paid 150K (that's one hundred and fifty thousand dollars) to a company, "Selective Search", for matchmaking services. How do I know this? Because he paid that hefty tab with funds from one of our joint investment accounts and I got the receipts. I'd like to know on what planet a man thinks that his former wife should pay 1/2 the tab for his female finder fees? Btw, he had no problem finding free women on his own while we were married, so why pay now? Where's the Miami rep that he found so irresistible?

I was asked why I'm talking about the 2016 P-Club situation so many years later. Well, I never talked about it beforehand and it's always haunted me, mostly, because my son was victimized by it. My son is a lovely human who is somewhat shy, a big kid at heart, and would never hurt a fly (cliche, but true). At that time, he was in high school and his spring break, coincidentally, was the same week as the P-Club. He was thrilled to go to Mexico and enjoy the week with us, and he especially enjoyed the team-building scavenger hunt that took place in a small, nearby town. My son also made friends with another P-Club winner's same-aged son and they spent several days doing all the activities together, and playing video games in the evenings. Everything was going swimmingly until the last night of our trip.

On that last night, during the awards ceremony after party, my husband decided he'd rather spend time with another woman, who wasn't deterred by his marital status. I'd imagine that he told her we weren't getting along or made up some other lies of that nature. In reality, we were getting along just fine and had been having lots of romance with each other until he got bored, or distracted by another shiny object. Whatever the case, he took off with the Miami rep for two hours whilst I socialized with other Gileads, P-Club winners, family members, and so forth. At least, one of us was behaving like a decent, responsible adult.

When my husband returned from his secret rendezvous, he tried to cover his tracks by creating an argument between us, so I wouldn't question where he'd been. So, he started screaming at me for dancing with a few male P-Club winners, which I'd been doing in his absence. Of course, I would have been dancing with him if he wasn't with another female. As he lit me up, I had no idea that his phony anger was a cruel charade, not to mention, his argument about me dancing with other men was preposterous, because my dance partners were a gay married couple. Regardless, my husband ripped me a new one and angrily insisted that we go back to our hotel room right away. He claimed it was "unbecoming for us to be out so late at the party", which is hilarious, considering what he'd been doing for the past few hours.

A short while later, we began fooling around a bit, until he freaked out and threw me off of him. Then, he yelled out the name of the Miami rep and claimed "she always talks to me at all the meetings" and I was like, "am I supposed to be impressed?" I couldn't believe he was suddenly going off about another woman and being so incredibly hurtful towards me. So, we went to bed angry with each other and the following day was very tense between us. I figured out that his two hour absence had everything to do with the awesome gal who always talks to him since he'd stupidly outed himself.

Naturally, I didn't tell my son what went down with his dad because he would have been devastated by his betrayal and feared for the future of our family. I tried to act normal around him until we returned home, although he could tell something went very wrong because his parents weren't getting along. Our plane trip home was abysmal and my poor son couldn't wait to get home, and lock himself in his bedroom. Who could blame him? It sickens me to know that his father's shameful actions ruined his spring break trip and stole some of his childhood innocence.

This ain’t it. Can’t be real. JM’s wife made a scathing website with details on that mess and that specific sloosy wasn’t a Miami rep.

maybe mistaking JM for JC? Either way all the old guard would go work for and loved JM. Gilead ran him ragged doing 3 jobs and sadly tumbled into the boozy night game. People make mistakes but not as many as gilead brass.

This ain’t it. Can’t be real. JM’s wife made a scathing website with details on that mess and that specific sloosy wasn’t a Miami rep.

maybe mistaking JM for JC? Either way all the old guard would go work for and loved JM. Gilead ran him ragged doing 3 jobs and sadly tumbled into the boozy night game. People make mistakes but not as many as gilead brass.

Ummm, yah, JM (not JC) had multiple side hustles over his decades with Gilead, which included the "sloosy" and the Miami rep. Cheating and lying is a repetitive behavioral pattern perpetrated by people who are morally bankrupt and just plain stupid.

You say you'd work for JM again? He doesn't have the temperament and stability to serve as an executive or you would still be working for him. Yes, he was overworked, although that doesn't excuse his bad behavior. Plenty of men (and women) work at high levels with lots of pressure and don't act like horny frat boys. Recently, he almost took a job as the CEO of a SF-based public Biotech company, but didn't pass the background check. He was more than professionally qualified, although they weren't pleased to find out that he has a rap sheet. They were smart to pass on him and dodged a bullet who would have found new sloosies and exposed them to bad PR, or worse.

You say "people make mistakes" and I agree that there are good people who occasionally do bad things. JM's choices were too appalling and too frequent to qualify as mere "mistakes". Sneaking off with a female subordinate on a P-Club trip and making his wife pay to cover his tracks, was not a mistake. That was a calculated plan set into motion earlier in the day, when he arranged to have me seated at a different table at the awards dinner. Previously, I'd never been seated apart from him at any Gilead event, so that was a deliberate move meant to put distance between us before the after-party. JM planned all along to make his move on the Miami rep during the latter part of the evening, which was NO MISTAKE.

Ummm, yah, JM (not JC) had multiple side hustles over his decades with Gilead, which included the "sloosy" and the Miami rep. Cheating and lying is a repetitive behavioral pattern perpetrated by people who are morally bankrupt and just plain stupid.

You say you'd work for JM again? He doesn't have the temperament and stability to serve as an executive or you would still be working for him. Yes, he was overworked, although that doesn't excuse his bad behavior. Plenty of men (and women) work at high levels with lots of pressure and don't act like horny frat boys. Recently, he almost took a job as the CEO of a SF-based public Biotech company, but didn't pass the background check. He was more than professionally qualified, although they weren't pleased to find out that he has a rap sheet. They were smart to pass on him and dodged a bullet who would have found new sloosies and exposed them to bad PR, or worse.

You say "people make mistakes" and I agree that there are good people who occasionally do bad things. JM's choices were too appalling and too frequent to qualify as mere "mistakes". Sneaking off with a female subordinate on a P-Club trip and making his wife pay to cover his tracks, was not a mistake. That was a calculated plan set into motion earlier in the day, when he arranged to have me seated at a different table at the awards dinner. Previously, I'd never been seated apart from him at any Gilead event, so that was a deliberate move meant to put distance between us before the after-party. JM planned all along to make his move on the Miami rep during the latter part of the evening, which was NO MISTAKE.

well, if this is you and all true damnit it sucks. We all, the old guard that’s long gone from. The G feels for you and family. Arguably those actions hurt a lot of us too. Selfishly from a commercial perspective the mentor evaporated from those poor decisions too.

the new regime is the opposite. Commercially oblivious but seemingly morally sound.

I don’t believe this about the Miami rep. If we are talking about the same person I have known her for years and she’s kind, honest, and has a husband who looks like a model. Doubtful she was playing adult games with JM.

So True. I worked with this stalker at another company & ended up having a restraining order on him when he was terminated then went to a Contract Sales Force company.
When I heard he was at Gilead, I was totally shocked and knew whoever the Gilead Covid hiring manager was did not call any employee referrals. That's a fact!

so you’re saying, Kevin Young was fired, and had a restraining order placed against him?

I don’t believe this about the Miami rep. If we are talking about the same person I have known her for years and she’s kind, honest, and has a husband who looks like a model. Doubtful she was playing adult games with JM.[/QUOTE

I'm not speculating that JM dipped out with the Miami rep, I know that they did because he told me so! I can also vividly recall the dress she wore that evening because it was very tight, very short, and it looked like a bootleg Herve Leger kind of bandage dress that she paired with incredibly high heels, I'd refer to as pole dancing shoes. Her overall look was very Miami South Beach meets Hooters and clearly meant to attract male attention. It definitely attracted the attention of my former husband, who also happens to be an unrefined idiot, and was big fan of the show Miami Vice and Don Johnson. That nugget of info should tell you all you need to know about his tastes and preferences.

On the subject of her husband, I looked him up and he's ahright. This isn't about looks anyways, it's about money, duh. I'm guessing the hubby doesn't have much, so the wifey put out some feelers to men in her universe who do have money. Ironically, JM is about to lose half of his Gilead fortune and you don't want to know how much his 2 hour private party with the Miami rep is going to cost him (let's just say it's a very steep hourly rate :). I'm going to have a blast spending my money with a man who can keep his peck** in his pants and doesn't need to feel validated by women in tight dresses.

Lastly, the Miami's rep campaign to captivate my former hubby began long before that disturbing P-Club trip because, as he told me, "she always talks to me at meetings". The translation is that she always flirts with him at meetings and he was dumb enough to be reeled in. Perhaps, you don't know her as well as ya think.