• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Genentech got this wrong

anonymous

Dear Genentech,
I was excited about the opportunity to work for such an amazing company. I spent hours researching, updating my resume, gathering referrals and preparing for interviews. I dreamed about selling an MS drug that would truly impact patient lives. I would have worked hard for you, and I would have achieved resuI knew I might not get the job, and I am okay with that. You had a lot of great candidates. But the decent thing to do would have been to call me to let me know I wasn't getting the job. #11 on Forbes Top company list? Not in my book.
I wish you luck during your launch, but only because I really care about the patients.

<

Hope you feel better now that you got it off your mind. Seriously why can't folks move on gracefully sans narcissistic and total loser dumb ass statements like this?

Thanks goodness DNA didn't hire you!

Dear Genentech,
I was excited about the opportunity to work for such an amazing company. I spent hours researching, updating my resume, gathering referrals and preparing for interviews. I dreamed about selling an MS drug that would truly impact patient lives. I would have worked hard for you, and I would have achieved resuI knew I might not get the job, and I am okay with that. You had a lot of great candidates. But the decent thing to do would have been to call me to let me know I wasn't getting the job. #11 on Forbes Top company list? Not in my book.
I wish you luck during your launch, but only because I really care about the patients.

You should have gotten a phone call form P1 but they have really messed things up so you can't necessarily blame GNE. And let's be honest, now days, most companies don't give a courtesy call to let you know you were cut from the process. You figure that out on your own by never hearing back after your interview.

You seem like a nice guy, sorry to hear that you were cut but don't give up. Many GNE territories will be open with all of the internals moving to OCRE and the nice thing is that P1 won't be involved in that process!

Hope you feel better now that you got it off your mind. Seriously why can't folks move on gracefully sans narcissistic and total loser dumb ass statements like this?

Thanks goodness DNA didn't hire you!

I have to agree. People just need to move on now and stop with thenGenentech insults. Enough is enough. The sour grapes bit is way too much. Im sorry a lot of people didn't get the job. It was a grueling process for the hiring managers as well. People now just need to move on without leaving more negative messages.

Rumor was they hired a lot of people from the competition which is so old school pharma. Everyone knows that doesn't equate to performance. I specifically hire people who don't have a background in selling the drug class and focus more on talent. Another example of how lazy and complacent managers are. Not just a problem at Genentech but many pharma and biotech companies.