• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

GENENTECH CULTURE

anonymous

Hello. I'm interested in the M.S. job, and I've had a phone screen with P1. Can anyone tell me about the culture at Genentech and what the salary ranges are for these MS positions? Of course P1 wouldn't share. I have over 12 years of Neurology experience, but I have no MS experience.

What's the training like here? Are there study hall sessions at night the way there are at other companies I've worked for?

I don't know anyone from Genentech, but I have heard Genentech is a good company to work for. Any insight would be appreciated. I thank you, in advance.

<

Hello. I'm interested in the M.S. job, and I've had a phone screen with P1. Can anyone tell me about the culture at Genentech and what the salary ranges are for these MS positions? Of course P1 wouldn't share. I have over 12 years of Neurology experience, but I have no MS experience.

What's the training like here? Are there study hall sessions at night the way there are at other companies I've worked for?

I don't know anyone from Genentech, but I have heard Genentech is a good company to work for. Any insight would be appreciated. I thank you, in advance.

Study hall?? Stay in primary care where your degree in education is respected.

that's the culture... people feel superior than everyone else... they are all yesmans... and deep down they are just a bunch of frustrated pricks that talk about collaboration

Spot on!

Anyway very hard to get in but worth it for the years of gravy train but you better be good a brown nosing to survive.

While I believe you are getting a little ahead of yourself since you don't have an offer yet. Thousands of applications came in for around 150 jobs so good luck. Here are some answers:

1.Culture, home office is very young and filled with MBAs. Very competitive and most people in the home office only stay in the same role for 2-3 years. The culture for the MS division will be something new. Company in general prides itself on strong clinical knowledge, patients first mentality. There are divides between different sales units, oncology is very different from respiratory or other business units. I know people all over the company and many are happy.

2. Salary range will depend on what you are making now, you will get a raise but don't expect it to be more than 10%, most companies don't go much higher for a raise on base salary. Total benefits are better than most companies. Company car or car allowance, $350 a month. Range of cars Prius, Camry, Focus, MB GLA. You will always here people say you can do better somewhere else.

3. Training will be part home study and part home office in San Fran. After hour sessions are usually not mandatory and available for those that need it.

While I believe you are getting a little ahead of yourself since you don't have an offer yet. Thousands of applications came in for around 150 jobs so good luck. Here are some answers:

1.Culture, home office is very young and filled with MBAs. Very competitive and most people in the home office only stay in the same role for 2-3 years. The culture for the MS division will be something new. Company in general prides itself on strong clinical knowledge, patients first mentality. There are divides between different sales units, oncology is very different from respiratory or other business units. I know people all over the company and many are happy.

2. Salary range will depend on what you are making now, you will get a raise but don't expect it to be more than 10%, most companies don't go much higher for a raise on base salary. Total benefits are better than most companies. Company car or car allowance, $350 a month. Range of cars Prius, Camry, Focus, MB GLA. You will always here people say you can do better somewhere else.

3. Training will be part home study and part home office in San Fran. After hour sessions are usually not mandatory and available for those that need it.

Thank you for the information. I truly do appreciate it and thank you for not being snarky.
I've heard there are many applying for these jobs so I certainly don't think I'm a shoe in. I did have a phone screen, and I think it went well. I will wait to see what happens.

Thanks. I assumed I could get 10%. Do you know if they often offer sign on bonuses and stock? Thank you.

What are "customary" salary ranges for this position with 15 years Neuro experience? Thank you.

Is it 15 years of good or bad experience? If you've got 15 years experience, that makes you old in the world of Gene. If you were a sales rep for 15 years, that will not serve you well. This company doesn't care about your sales track record. That may be hard for you to understand, but its true. Good luck.

Is it 15 years of good or bad experience? If you've got 15 years experience, that makes you old in the world of Gene. If you were a sales rep for 15 years, that will not serve you well. This company doesn't care about your sales track record. That may be hard for you to understand, but its true. Good luck.
Then what do they care about if they don't care about your sales track record? That makes no sense to me. Please elaborate.

LOL to max. Freakin study hall? Is this like continuation high school you attended, chump?

That said - you will enjoy the $10k view on top of B82 training floor IF and that is one big IF you get in.