From 100K + All Star Drug Rep to Thrift Store Picker in my 50s...

Depends where u live. I’ve been laid off 3 times in last 7 years. Always—every time landed back in pharma with higher salary. I’m 60. If ur prepared to play the game u will b fine. You also have to realize PC is dead. You will need to matriculate to specialty. Bigger territory but more money.

Correct. I was 60 when I was dumped and wasn’t looking for a job and got one. I moved on to another 9 mos later. No, not bragging or better than anyone else. If you’re out of PC as poster stated, and people know you, someone will come calling. Companies want people with contacts to be able to become productive quickly. My first job came from a manager-manager referral, the second from a doctor to company referral. 69 and still going strong, but retiring as of January 5.
Tell me relationships don’t matter.

Correct. I was 60 when I was dumped and wasn’t looking for a job and got one. I moved on to another 9 mos later. No, not bragging or better than anyone else. If you’re out of PC as poster stated, and people know you, someone will come calling. Companies want people with contacts to be able to become productive quickly. My first job came from a manager-manager referral, the second from a doctor to company referral. 69 and still going strong, but retiring as of January 5.

This is really great to hear - in my 40’s and have been concerned...

Are you joking, you peddle samples at 69 years old? 39 is even to old to be a sales schlep! Do you save money on office lunches if you show your Medicare card to restaurants? Does your company provide you a disabled parking placard for your fleet car? Does your manager track you via your Life Alert bracelet?

Anyone who is still a rep into their 40's 50's is an outright failure. 69 years old? This must be a joke.

Are you joking, you peddle samples at 69 years old? 39 is even to old to be a sales schlep! Do you save money on office lunches if you show your Medicare card to restaurants? Does your company provide you a disabled parking placard for your fleet car? Does your manager track you via your Life Alert bracelet?

Anyone who is still a rep into their 40's 50's is an outright failure. 69 years old? This must be a joke.

I was thinking the same thing too...Must be a troll...You would think that by about 40 one would have developed
the self awareness to realize what a joke the job is and how it is really for losers...To be 69 and still being a
Deli-Boy you have to be truly clueless...

Not buying it for one second...This job is pretty much over by 40 and they boot you out at 50 if at all possible.