Flector Patch

You have been brainwashed by your training. There is the same GI class labeling for the Flector patch as all other NSAID. If I put a patch on my FOREHEAD it could still upset the GI track because it is systemically absorbed, regardless of the % that is systemically absorbed. The medication is still metabolized and does not magically segregate itself from the rest of the body.

FLECTOR® Patch, like other NSAID medicines, can cause ulcers and bleeding in the stomach and intestines at any time during treatment. These can happen without symptoms and may cause death. The chance of a person getting an ulcer or bleeding increases with: taking blood-thinning medicines or medicines called steroids; longer use; smoking; drinking alcohol; older age; having poor health

Sorry to bust your DATA DUMP which is common of many reps but in the decade or so FP has been used in Europe, no deaths. Class labeling due to 2005 gov't ruling. Even OTC has this labeling. Puts things into perspective, eh?

So funny to see Pfizer selling this piece of crap from Alpharma. By the way, here are your main pushbacks (all of which you will be prepared for with weak responses)
It doesn't stick...but Dr. you can use surgical tape to help it stay on
Can I use it on my coumadin pts?...We don't have any studies in those patients and you should use the same precautions as an oral NSAID (then why not use an oral NSAID?)
Can it be cut? (Um, we didn't study that either so use your own discretion)
Doesn't work...true
How is the managed care coverage? Sucks
I keep getting Prior Authorizations... Try begging
Indicated for Acute Strains, Sprains, and Contusions....Sounds like Ice and Rest would work fine
I could go on and on....this product is a joke, good luck

So funny to see Pfizer selling this piece of crap from Alpharma. By the way, here are your main pushbacks (all of which you will be prepared for with weak responses)
It doesn't stick...but Dr. you can use surgical tape to help it stay on
Can I use it on my coumadin pts?...We don't have any studies in those patients and you should use the same precautions as an oral NSAID (then why not use an oral NSAID?)
Can it be cut? (Um, we didn't study that either so use your own discretion)
Doesn't work...true
How is the managed care coverage? Sucks
I keep getting Prior Authorizations... Try begging
Indicated for Acute Strains, Sprains, and Contusions....Sounds like Ice and Rest would work fine
I could go on and on....this product is a joke, good luck

I love it when PC reps think they are the shit and know everything there is to know before day 1. Hey genius...as someone who has sold this product for almost 3 years, I can tell you that you can and will be able to move this effectively, if you have the smallest clue on how to sell.
The black box is the same as for all NSAIDS...but look at the PI. Look at the most common side effect, look at the % of pts having common oral NSAID side effects...HUGE difference. Do us a favor, and when you get trained, try to be somewhat receptive to what is being taught. Sold correctly, you can win big time over the gel, Pennsaid or Lidoderm.....as well as oral NSAIDs.

The simple fact that the # of reps selling this product will DOUBLE..or more, means you could be looking at $500 million for this product in 2012. We need some Pfizer muscle for some Managed Care wins, but after that, this is an easy sell.

Keep putting down PC reps if it makes you feel better dipshit. BTW, do you have a head to head study vs. an oral NSAID? Keep drinking the kool aid the product blows and so do you.

I love it when PC reps think they are the shit and know everything there is to know before day 1. Hey genius...as someone who has sold this product for almost 3 years, I can tell you that you can and will be able to move this effectively, if you have the smallest clue on how to sell.
The black box is the same as for all NSAIDS...but look at the PI. Look at the most common side effect, look at the % of pts having common oral NSAID side effects...HUGE difference. Do us a favor, and when you get trained, try to be somewhat receptive to what is being taught. Sold correctly, you can win big time over the gel, Pennsaid or Lidoderm.....as well as oral NSAIDs.

The simple fact that the # of reps selling this product will DOUBLE..or more, means you could be looking at $500 million for this product in 2012. We need some Pfizer muscle for some Managed Care wins, but after that, this is an easy sell.
It doesn't matter if the product has potential for success or not. It will be a small % of any rep's compensation and therefore will take a back seat to everything else they're trying to sell. Reps will promote it because it just makes sense to have reps promote all the products that can make Pfizer some $, but it's not going to have anywhere near the same relevance as Celebrex or Lyrica.

It doesn't matter if the product has potential for success or not. It will be a small % of any rep's compensation and therefore will take a back seat to everything else they're trying to sell. Reps will promote it because it just makes sense to have reps promote all the products that can make Pfizer some $, but it's not going to have anywhere near the same relevance as Celebrex or Lyrica.

Yup, only 5% or 10% weighting.

A PP thinks he can "sell" the patch? Unless there's a head to head against an oral rx nsaid and side effects are a primary or approved secondary endpoint, you can't compare shit and be in compliance with Pfizer.

Nobody is allowed to "sell" anymore. Good luck with that move on your ridealong. You'll be flustered and miserable with the rest of us.

"The simple fact that the # of reps selling this product will DOUBLE..or more, means you could be looking at $500 million for this product in 2012. We need some Pfizer muscle for some Managed Care wins, but after that, this is an easy sell."

hahahahha ..."need Pfizer muscle for some Managed Care wins"??? as former Wyeth, Pfizer drugs are like pushing a train uphill with the tier 2 PA step edit etc almost all the drugs have. What a joke.

Your don't "sell" FP against oral NSAIDS, you sell against topicals and in that market it succeeds. Learn your market before you start spouting.

Really??? Read your own post, spouting numbnuts.

This is what you said..."Sold correctly, you can win big time over the gel, Pennsaid or Lidoderm.....as well as oral NSAIDs."

hmmmm......"as well as oral NSAIDs"???

"You[r] don't sell FP against oral NSAIDS",...."learn my market"?????

Kiss my ass. That's my market for you.