Fist pump...we r officially in the Growth Years

Over 40? Top of salary level? You’re probably correct. If 50, definitely yes, but they have to be careful to not get aage discrimination suit slapped on the company.
Make sure everything he says is supported by facts and examples.
Refute everything with your facts and examples.
Don’t cave, make your manager prove his case.
I had a similar situation, 59, top salary and bonuses, regular awards, rejected promos, etc. Regional wanted me gone.
Instead of defending myself, I took the offensive and documented my manager’s and RM’s deficiencies, which were substantial. Presented my case to HR, and had my atty waiting to nail them.
They backed off, left me alone until O retired at 66.
You can win, just don’t take their shit and let these assholes intimidate you.

The DSM and CBD ranks are loaded with stanks. So many clowns. They will try to get rid of you when they want to move one of their unemployed buddies into the role, or they want to move someone they are banging over with them as they “check a box”. Horrible culture.

Over 40? Top of salary level? You’re probably correct. If 50, definitely yes, but they have to be careful to not get aage discrimination suit slapped on the company.
Make sure everything he says is supported by facts and examples.
Refute everything with your facts and examples.
Don’t cave, make your manager prove his case.
I had a similar situation, 59, top salary and bonuses, regular awards, rejected promos, etc. Regional wanted me gone.
Instead of defending myself, I took the offensive and documented my manager’s and RM’s deficiencies, which were substantial. Presented my case to HR, and had my atty waiting to nail them.
They backed off, left me alone until O retired at 66.
You can win, just don’t take their shit and let these assholes intimidate you.

I am guessing that you qualified for the Zeneca legacy pension. There has been a campaign to remove these people for over 10 years and there are very few remaining. As previously stated, they have to be careful not to remove too many at a time because many had high performance ratings and were old enough to qualify as a protected minority. But make no mistake, if you qualify and are still here, you have a target on you back.

I am guessing that you qualified for the Zeneca legacy pension. There has been a campaign to remove these people for over 10 years and there are very few remaining. As previously stated, they have to be careful not to remove too many at a time because many had high performance ratings and were old enough to qualify as a protected minority. But make no mistake, if you qualify and are still here, you have a target on you back.
Wrong. Any one over 55, pension or not. The rather have the rent a rep CSO’s. Cheap, don’t think or ask questions and do everything they are told no matter how inane.

Wrong. Any one over 55, pension or not. The rather have the rent a rep CSO’s. Cheap, don’t think or ask questions and do everything they are told no matter how inane.

Correct. They would hire monkeys if they had SS numbers!
Career reps are a thing of the past. The position has deteriorated into being a no more customer service rep. In a suit and tie or dress and heels.
Layoffs aka, reorganizations, are imminent in all of PhRMA. Armies of reps were never needed in the first place.

Priority number 1 has been to eliminate anyone with a legacy defined pension regardless of how high up they are in the organization or how well they perform their job.
Priority number 2 is to eliminate sales reps and managers over the age of 50 with more than 20 years of experience and replace them with less expensive reps because this job has been reduced to gathering sample signatures which a UPS person could perform.

Legal has been working with leadership for years to define a low risk formula for accomplishing this cost reduction strategy.