Favorite way of telling people they're fired.

anonymous

You've been made redundant.
New organizational direction.
You've been downsized.

The new all-time classic: your position has been sunset.

With another massive round hitting in a few weeks, lets share our favorite corporate gobbledygook for telling people "senior management shit their pants, so we need to fire you".

<

You've been made redundant.
New organizational direction.
You've been downsized.

The new all-time classic: your position has been sunset.

With another massive round hitting in a few weeks, lets share our favorite corporate gobbledygook for telling people "senior management shit their pants, so we need to fire you".

To be honest. I think I would be happier if I get the you are fired call and the package than we are keeping you. Maybe the first time in my career I could say that. This place sucks so bad now.

While an RD at Baxter there was a conference call on a Thursday during which everyone on the call, ADs and RDs, were notified that those impacted by a reduction in force would be called after the call. I receied a call from HR informing me that one of my reps was on the RIF list. The reason, all territories under $1M were being cut. Interestingly, the rep in my region was in a smaller territory, but using the ranking metrics they were in the Top 10.

HR sent me very specific step-by-step instructions:
1. Send a conference call invite the rep at 4:30pm on Friday. The invite was for a call the following Monday at 10:00am. Do not respond to any calls, texts, or emails from the rep.
2. HR will be on the call on Monday. I was to read a script provided by HR. This script was to be read verbatim. After reading the script I would handoff the call to HR and they would handle the rest.
3. Made the call and made the handoff.

Now, my feedback. I thought waiting until Monday was a mistake. Once the invite was sent out the rep would call others in the region asking what did they think the call was about. When no one else tells them they didn't get an invite, the rep knows. I made several attempt to have calls occur on Friday. These were rejected by HR and Legal. I didn't sleep very well Friday through Sunday. It still bothers me to this day.

As anticipated, the rep called, texted, and emailed me. By instruction from HR and Legal I was fordidden to responsd. In retropesct, I would disregard these instructions and not allowed the rep to twist and turn through the weekend.

BTW, the script sent to me was embarrassing. The rep just trashed me and the company. Said I was being punitive. I was caught completely be surprise and at no time was I consulted. Baxter held the severance package when it learned after the RIF that the rep had "borrowed" product (Tisseel) for another hospital with the understanding that they would replace this through the Tisseel Replacement Program (this program repalced, at not charge, product that expires). This is grounds for immediate termination. HR, Legal, and Compliance was relentless. But, we at Baxter already know, Baxter is a company of lawyers that sometimes sells medical devices and biologics.

Only the cream of the crop were retained!
Our time is now!
The bonus potential is unlimited!
Time to move forward!

I hope they keep sunsetting positions (the consultant who gave them that one deserves a bonus), but I'm going with "rebalancing our organizational assets" or "streamlining our representation".

While an RD at Baxter there was a conference call on a Thursday during which everyone on the call, ADs and RDs, were notified that those impacted by a reduction in force would be called after the call. I receied a call from HR informing me that one of my reps was on the RIF list. The reason, all territories under $1M were being cut. Interestingly, the rep in my region was in a smaller territory, but using the ranking metrics they were in the Top 10.

1. Send a conference call invite the rep at 4:30pm on Friday. The invite was for a call the following Monday at 10:00am. Do not respond to any calls, texts, or emails from the rep.
2. HR will be on the call on Monday. I was to read a script provided by HR. This script was to be read verbatim. After reading the script I would handoff the call to HR and they would handle the rest.

Now, my feedback. I thought waiting until Monday was a mistake. Once the invite was sent out the rep would call others in the region asking what did they think the call was about. When no one else tells them they didn't get an invite, the rep knows. I made several attempt to have calls occur on Friday. These were rejected by HR and Legal. I didn't sleep very well Friday through Sunday. It still bothers me to this day.

As anticipated, the rep called, texted, and emailed me. By instruction from HR and Legal I was fordidden to responsd. In retropesct, I would disregard these instructions and not allowed the rep to twist and turn through the weekend.

BTW, the script sent to me was embarrassing. The rep just trashed me and the company. Said I was being punitive. I was caught completely be surprise and at no time was I consulted. Baxter held the severance package when it learned after the RIF that the rep had "borrowed" product (Tisseel) for another hospital with the understanding that they would replace this through the Tisseel Replacement Program (this program repalced, at not charge, product that expires). This is grounds for immediate termination. HR, Legal, and Compliance was relentless. But, we at Baxter already know, Baxter is a company of lawyers that sometimes sells medical devices and biologics.
Ruining their weekend is the worst part of this story.

They put you in an awful position. I cannot fathom why they couldn't do the whole thing on Monday. Its inhumane.

Most are sticking around for the package. Take something from this place for all the aggravation they cause you. Curious if anyone will bail out for a new opportunity before the news breaks. Take them for anything you can.