• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Email about getting doctors to write Medicaid for Onglyza is leaked

Hearkening back to our multiple years of compliance training, does this pass the front page of the WSJ test? I guess Pharmalot is not the WSJ, so this is ok.

Wonder if me as a rep could get away with an email like this?

Wow ! It's obvious these DBM's have SERIOUS trust, leadership, and management issues with this RBD. To use a sports phrase it seems the RBD has " lost the locker room" with the leaking of this email. Wonder if anyone had issues with this direction ? Seems like it's time for the " Roger Goodell " of BMS to " drop the hammer " and force some immediate changes. How can any additional communications EVER be SENT knowing it may be leaked to bloggers, FDA, ambitious politicos, etc.,. Much worse, what's the potential for these instructions to ever be followed if it potentially puts one's career into the realm of noncompliance. This is just the scenario the company needs as it still deals with corporate integrity issues. Very, very sad indeed !

The leak does show obvious trust issues.

The bigger problem is the body of the email and it's directions, apparently approved by legal. The email CLEARLY shows an intentionally deceitful effort to influence state Medicaid P&T members.

Put any spin you want on it, but it shows lying and deception as a primary driver behind this effort. The RBD and the lawyer that approved this should be fired.

Compliance? This shows that nothing at BMS has changed. The CEO and BOD can't see the problem with this tactic? If so, we are screwed.

What's non-compliant about this? Bad press I'd agree.

When legal and a RBD state that they need to deceive in order to assure they don't create "risk" it tells you that they are deliberately doing something to hide intention, you think that is compliant? Let's see what PA, MD and DE Medicaid think of this email, they may have a different take.

Yes, I'm sure the medicaid people will be shocked... just shocked, I tell you, that companies actually ask physicians to write letters asking for formulary admission.

Stunning revelation. They thought these guys just started writing letters out of the strong, firm conviction that another DPP4, similar to the one that may or may not be on, needs to be added to formulary.

Yes, I'm sure the medicaid people will be shocked... just shocked, I tell you, that companies actually ask physicians to write letters asking for formulary admission.

Stunning revelation. They thought these guys just started writing letters out of the strong, firm conviction that another DPP4, similar to the one that may or may not be on, needs to be added to formulary.

Knowing it most likely happens is one thing, seeing the deceitful instructions takes is to the next level. If you suspect your spouse is cheating on you, that is distressing. If you see a video of them with their actual lover getting it on takes your knowledge to a new level. I guess you could argue, it is better to know that be unsure. At least now we know how BMS thinks and operates about these things.

Nothing has or will happen

Agreed, nothing will happen because the email makes it clear that the instructions to avoid the risk/appearance of a lobbying effort, came directly from our lawyers!

It is laughable that we coordinate this lobbying effort, but present it as it is not. If your child tried that type of scheme on you, what would you do?

When our CIA was fresh and the execs were concerned, all we heard was do the right thing, whether it is legal or not was not the driving motivation, it was to have ethics and do the right thing.

That is out the window for good. I'll bet this RBD gets promoted!!!

Agreed, nothing will happen because the email makes it clear that the instructions to avoid the risk/appearance of a lobbying effort, came directly from our lawyers!

It is laughable that we coordinate this lobbying effort, but present it as it is not. If your child tried that type of scheme on you, what would you do?

When our CIA was fresh and the execs were concerned, all we heard was do the right thing, whether it is legal or not was not the driving motivation, it was to have ethics and do the right thing.

That is out the window for good. I'll bet this RBD gets promoted!!!

Fuckin aye! The region is called the innovation region, we are screwed if this is our inter- company competition! They get to do anything.

What's non-compliant about this? Bad press I'd agree.

Ditto. I don't see the problem. We did this on Abilify. I can see how it might not look great but it's not like we are loved out there. Some bad press. Get over it. I think the concerns with dapa are way more important. It is interesting to see all this conflict in Jennifer's region. You would think with a few years of global marketing experience she would have been better prepared. For sure that seems to be the experience you need to be a good region business director.