• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

District Manager's Role

Anonymous

When I found myself on probation I asked my manager for some help. All I got was product knowledge sessions and "tests". Shouldn't a manager be a coach and encourager rather than an enforcer? After 21 years I thought I deserved better.

In the new BMS, the DMs role is to whip your ass into higher performance, shove accountability down your throat and never question corporate policies. Shut up and do your fucking job, and do it very well or your fired. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

In the new BMS, the DMs role is to whip your ass into higher performance, shove accountability down your throat and never question corporate policies. Shut up and do your fucking job, and do it very well or your fired. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Actually, their role is to show mommy what a "tuff" "manager" they are. Zero leadership but excellent paperwork skills.

When you look at which managers are promoted- you realize the "paperpushers" and butt kissers always are favored. The nastier they are with their team the more likely they will rise to the top. Cream doesn't rise at BMS, only scum. These managers have no business sense so they just push more computer work and checking the boxes.

When I found myself on probation I asked my manager for some help. All I got was product knowledge sessions and "tests". Shouldn't a manager be a coach and encourager rather than an enforcer? After 21 years I thought I deserved better.

Finally, after 21 years the company hired a manager who realized that you suck. Thank you BMS!

trust me I have worked for a number of big pharma companies and the behavior I have witnessed while at BMS among DM's and Regionals was absolutely beyond the worst-how some DM's are still there with the unprofessional and frankly illegal employment ethics is beyond my comprehension

no...just making an observation that many at BMS will understand that have worked for this DM under the supervision of the RM...her abuse is legendary and a very poor comentary
about the culture of the company and what continues there even with HR knowing-many a good rep destroyed by this tyrant

no...just making an observation that many at BMS will understand that have worked for this DM under the supervision of the RM...her abuse is legendary and a very poor comentary
about the culture of the company and what continues there even with HR knowing-many a good rep destroyed by this tyrant

Is this dm you are referring to the little worm gut sucking troll in D.C.? She won't be around much longer. Just got put on a Written Warning by KY.