• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Dez has destroyed Novartis

I don’t know why no one ever states the elephant in the room. Novartis is more concerned about DEI then actually running the company, affectively and efficiently in the best interest of the shareholders. RKP absolutely destroyed every culture she has laid her hands on here. Dez is the same. They want women and blacks and as such, these folks are being promoted well over their qualifications and capabilities. It’s happening at all levels of the organization, in all divisions and its destroying this company.
OMG! Let's hope you are just a hack and don't work for our company! Dez is doing a great job and go post on another site, loser!

I’ve never worked for a company that so openly despised its own sales force. Right back at ya, Dez! You’re getting the same amount of loyalty you’re giving me. Keep bragging about those record profits, the way you treat sales will trickle up eventually and you won’t be able to hide from it. Oh, yeah, Leqvio.

OMG! Let's hope you are just a hack and don't work for our company! Dez is doing a great job and go post on another site, loser!
You're right, Dez is doing a great job.
It was great the way he supervised Duane during the FTO debacle.
It was great when he watched scores of reps get fired for the program he and Duane put in place. Double bonus forever, Dez.
It was great the way he put his foot down and demanded every territory have their own goals.
Dallas '23 was great, wasn't it?
It was great how he apologized for the Hitler lady, then let her go to Hawaii.
The way he demands we get consistent, reliable data for Leqvio has been great.
Soon to come: the great CV bloodletting of '24, because Dez's supervised a high-performing, quota-crushing juggernaut like Leqvio.
Greatness, personafied.

The way he shuffled Duane to a different division instead of firing him over the FTO's was visionary.
The way he still can't hire people who can figure out how to bonus by territory instead of district is inspirational.
The way he integrated the ISET team is the stuff of legends.
Rolling out new laptops, when people who are leading their districts are getting $0.00 bonuses, is revelatory.
Great man, superior leadership.
Don't change a thing, big guy!

How did a dude that was only a primary care rep that went off to Microsoft to work get his title? Mgrs with 7 reps in oncology? I’ve never seen so many levels of management and marketing trying to justify their job, it’s sick.

You're right, Dez is doing a great job.
It was great the way he supervised Duane during the FTO debacle.
It was great when he watched scores of reps get fired for the program he and Duane put in place. Double bonus forever, Dez.
It was great the way he put his foot down and demanded every territory have their own goals.
Dallas '23 was great, wasn't it?
It was great how he apologized for the Hitler lady, then let her go to Hawaii.
The way he demands we get consistent, reliable data for Leqvio has been great.
Soon to come: the great CV bloodletting of '24, because Dez's supervised a high-performing, quota-crushing juggernaut like Leqvio.
Greatness, personafied.
You must be one of the sub-par sales reps that were let go. Just go to your Jimmy Johns site and complain about your new management. As you deliver your next sandwich order consider that luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get. The whiny reps need to be purged from our company ASAP.

You must be one of the sub-par sales reps that were let go. Just go to your Jimmy Johns site and complain about your new management. As you deliver your next sandwich order consider that luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get. The whiny reps need to be purged from our company ASAP.
Atta boy my little b!tch. Copy and paste your old message again if you are up for smelling my balls.

How did a dude that was only a primary care rep that went off to Microsoft to work get his title? Mgrs with 7 reps in oncology? I’ve never seen so many levels of management and marketing trying to justify their job, it’s sick.
Exactly right. Way too many levels of upper management. The 12 RDs should report directly to Neal. There is no need for the 3 new directors they just hired/promoted.

This is not a coherent thought.
I will address the first sentence, since that makes a modicum of sense. I have not been let go (yet), but if I had been, it wouldn't change anything about Dez's pitiful performance.
This job shouldn't require luck, and the people who carry their districts and make others tens of thousands of dollars didn't get their with "sweat" or "luck", it was with talent.
If Dez wasn't busy crafting apology letters for Hitler lady, he might notice that we would be a better and stronger division with territory goaling. Instead, he has a team where half the reps have been along for the ride since day one.

I will address the first sentence, since that makes a modicum of sense. I have not been let go (yet), but if I had been, it wouldn't change anything about Dez's pitiful performance.
This job shouldn't require luck, and the people who carry their districts and make others tens of thousands of dollars didn't get their with "sweat" or "luck", it was with talent.
If Dez wasn't busy crafting apology letters for Hitler lady, he might notice that we would be a better and stronger division with territory goaling. Instead, he has a team where half the reps have been along for the ride since day one.
That’s right, and as one of those people carrying the team, I’m no longer interested in doing it. Bonus just isn’t that good. Buy and bill is hard work, so I’m just putting in pharma level of work since they are 1. Paying me pharma level. 2. Dividing my success amongst my coworkers.
Even a little recognition from my manager might motivate me, but there is no reward or recognition to exceeding with Leqvio.

As a multiple Chairman Award winner, it’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone. We need to clean out the lazy reps, the 10:00 to 3:00 crowd. I for one support Dez's initiatives to more Novartis aggressively forward to success.

As a multiple Chairman Award winner, it’s not about money or connections – it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone. We need to clean out the lazy reps, the 10:00 to 3:00 crowd. I for one support Dez's initiatives to more Novartis aggressively forward to success.
Chairman award winner? Well, well! Aren't you something!
Since you're such a brilliant and distinguished individual, i am sure you can answer this question: how does Z.S. know the difference between a hard worker and a parasite?
The numbers are the same. The payout is the same. The P.C. ranking is the same. How do they know?
Who do they get rid of when the shit hits the fan this fall?
ABL's have no say, and neither do the regional managers. The system Dez has put in place is so embarrassingly broken and unprofessional that he doesn't even have the capacity to keep the best reps. Which is what his sorry ass deserves.

Chairman award winner? Well, well! Aren't you something!
Since you're such a brilliant and distinguished individual, i am sure you can answer this question: how does Z.S. know the difference between a hard worker and a parasite?
The numbers are the same. The payout is the same. The P.C. ranking is the same. How do they know?
Who do they get rid of when the shit hits the fan this fall?
ABL's have no say, and neither do the regional managers. The system Dez has put in place is so embarrassingly broken and unprofessional that he doesn't even have the capacity to keep the best reps. Which is what his sorry ass deserves.
The boy you loved has become the man you feared.

What the hell is the Chairman Award? CEO award? Pres Club? Would think as a multiple year winner would know the name of your award.
Agree! Probably someone from a home office role that doesn’t have a clue what awards the field has. Oh and the 10-3 reps - maybe some of us are driving 2 plus hours to get to customers.

First of all, you sound like an idiot for saying "outwork and outlearn everyone". Work smarter, not harder! If Novartis continues to screw us over with unrealistic goaling and not changing Leqvio to individual territory goals, why should be bust our ass so someone else can take credit for the work we did? Second of all, its obvious you are some ass-kisser working in home office or CE trying to kiss-up to Dez. He is incompetent, underqualified, and his track record of consistent failures as a leader have been shown over and over while leading Novartis CE.