• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

Private nurses in Manhattan made $500 a night for minding people who have had cosmetic procedures (face lifts, tummy tucks, etc.) and that was years ago; It must be much more profiltable in 2013. Other large cities do well also; do not underestimate nursing $$$.

Private nurses in Manhattan made $500 a night for minding people who have had cosmetic procedures (face lifts, tummy tucks, etc.) and that was years ago; It must be much more profiltable in 2013. Other large cities do well also; do not underestimate nursing $$$.

Hey nutcase....those jobs are hard to come by! Ever hear of insurance caps....if it was cash you would need a massive supply of tummy ticks and nose jobs to keep the nurses in any city in those big buck jobs!

As always...a wild answer from someone who hasn't got a clue!

.........life isn't always greener on the other side of the fence!

There are still managers out there who appreciate established older reps. It is not healthy to turn Merck into rep of the month club. As another old rep, many doctors said they cannot remember who is who with the newer reps as they come and go. So they would call me and let me forward it onto the appropriate rep. The old-school manager would tell you how important it is to have some stability in a district.

I have to admit I cannot BS like my younger colleagues at district meetings. :)

A lot of reps will admit they cannot BS. Non BS types are offended by the pure "used car salesmen," chat 'em up reps. Anything but business is their motto. Its an embarrassment to see them in action or hear them in the hall hoping to achieve their BS award.

Not too many here, but some companies seem to hire the slickest BS breeds they can find...

Nursing (be it LPN, RN or BSN) and RD can be quite good financially. All you have to be willing to do is work a second or even a third job. I know many nurses who work 2 or 3 nursing jobs at different places and are raking in the $$$. Many of them live in affluent communities, kids go to private schools, and basically can buy most things they want whenever they want.

They live in fancy neighborhoods, have good schools for the kids and have play money not from the income they make. In most instances its from the hubby side of the equation...

Know any single nurses? Single moms who are nurses? They will be struggling to pay the bills unless they are an NP or some high level nursing professional/executive...

"quite good" is a big IF.

Those jobs are "PRIVATE NURSING" any yes they pay very well. These are not insurance capped they are for people who want a nurse to stay with them for whatever reason: cosmetic, etc. It is being done all over Palm Beach, FL, CA, NY, and other cities with well-heeled people. You are the clueless one.

I have a friend that is a RN at the Cleveland Clinic and was selected to be a traveling nurse for the clinic in the event an organ would have to be delivered overnight to the hospital.
His typical day and pay if it is his turn that month to wear a pager:
Get a page at 6:00 AM
Go to the Cleveland airport's private jet hanger 7:00 AM
Board the plane and take off with surgeons and other doctors 8:00 AM
Touchdown in Chicago let us say 9:20 AM
(Organs are waiting at the airport from the local medical hospital)
Reboard plan after "package" has been secured 11:00 AM
Fly back to Cleveland airport 11:20 AM
Clock out at 12:00 PM
He leaves while the surgeons and other staff transport organ back to the Cleveland Clinic
His take home for 6 hours of work (6:00 AM to 12:00 PM) $400 X 6 = $2400

He does that a few times a month so you do the math on top of his salary and OT
It is very possible to make more than the district and regional managers of pharmaceutical companies as a RN. He hasn't even completed his BS yet.

Those jobs are "PRIVATE NURSING" any yes they pay very well. These are not insurance capped they are for people who want a nurse to stay with them for whatever reason: cosmetic, etc. It is being done all over Palm Beach, FL, CA, NY, and other cities with well-heeled people. You are the clueless one.

Yes, being done.
By some...connected.
Not the typical RN job.
Not the typical gig that most nurses can find......

Yes, being done.
By some...connected.
Not the typical RN job.
Not the typical gig that most nurses can find......

Anyone looking to get into the medical field needs to get their head examined. Obamafraud is going to make all segments of medicine and support staff professionals the butt of constant spiral down cost constraints - target - salaries of all involved.Run from this train wreck and don't lookback.