Derm NBRX continues to decline

anonymous

there's only one hope left - immediately implement a BQE. That's right, a Best QUARTER ever!

If we could keep TO, RSDs and the DMs out of our business (no silly plunges, no needless meetings, no useless white papers, no DM ride alongs bullying me to use HIQs, no RSD interference, no time wasting "team calls", no dumbass BEAST calls, no USBO (still don't know what that means) calls when I have lunch appointments, no QBRs, no calibrations (I spend days working on my ACT slides to send to my DM), no validation exercises (changes don't take anyway), and we can stop the decline.

So, please Starting October 1st, please leave us alone and we can re-convene in January and we will grow this turd.

BQE!
BQE!
BQE!

No BQE, no peace!

LFG!

<

seriously ----- what can be done to grow otezla?
Stop targeting and running off our best people to start. No one wants to address it, but when you run off Aldridge, Clipp, Nguyen, Carroll, D'Oleo, there is a NBRX impact. Those people did nothing wrong except question the fakery we are. The lesson is, if you have a VH Target that is actually a plastic surgeon who doesn't treat psoriasis, you damn well better make your calls anyway. Question it if you are legacy Celgene and you will be targeted for an expense report pull and you will be gone.

Stop targeting and running off our best people to start. No one wants to address it, but when you run off Aldridge, Clipp, Nguyen, Carroll, D'Oleo, there is a NBRX impact. Those people did nothing wrong except question the fakery we are. The lesson is, if you have a VH Target that is actually a plastic surgeon who doesn't treat psoriasis, you damn well better make your calls anyway. Question it if you are legacy Celgene and you will be targeted for an expense report pull and you will be gone.
true, but that was exactly what was prescribed.

TO was furious that derm maintained its culture for so long. They knew they would take a script hit, but it was worth it to eliminate their leadership and finally assimilate those ingrates. You think they didn't know it would hurt business to kill off April, Jackson and their RBMs? Those were dinosaurs from a different time. That shit of just making good calls and driving business doesn't work here. Hint - if you want to thrive here, you need to sell your story. Not the drug in your bag. The quicker you learn that, the better. If you can't learn it, good riddance.

true, but that was exactly what was prescribed.

TO was furious that derm maintained its culture for so long. They knew they would take a script hit, but it was worth it to eliminate their leadership and finally assimilate those ingrates. You think they didn't know it would hurt business to kill off April, Jackson and their RBMs? Those were dinosaurs from a different time. That shit of just making good calls and driving business doesn't work here. Hint - if you want to thrive here, you need to sell your story. Not the drug in your bag. The quicker you learn that, the better. If you can't learn it, good riddance.
Does the tinfoil scratch your scalp when you are wearing your cone-shaped hat?

Does the tinfoil scratch your scalp when you are wearing your cone-shaped hat?
Derm was allowed to go their own way for too long. We needed them to,

-use emojis on calls
-be "known" at awards trips
-have an enterprise mindset and promote across the enterprise
-join other INBU calls on important matters such as 4DX, SLII, etc to share best practices
-self report a few times to the hotline
-join some ERGs
-cross pollinate

Stayed in their own bubble far longer than should have been allowed.

Let me DOUBLE CLICK on that: didn't adopt the Amgen way sooner.

As a result, we had to decapitate them before we could teach them remedial pre-call planning, professional use of RTEs, elite level FormTrak utilization, High Gain Questioning techniques and escape proof closing skills. Still a work in progress since so many are public schoolers, but we will keep molding them, because after all we serve PATIENTS!

Amazing how the drug was growing until Amgen bought it.
Otezla wasn't going to keep growing because of its life cycle. Many things are at work. First, it's not much better than a placebo; however, the side effect profile does make it a good first-line therapy before a real biologic. Second, many drugs that have come out since are better in efficacy and also have minimum side effects.

So, I wouldn't blame everything on Amgen. Although I agree that had Amgen purchased Otezla earlier, it wouldn't have experienced the same growth.

Amazing how the drug was growing until Amgen bought it.
It's amazing Celgene could grow Otezla at all given how terrible they are.

No pre call planning skills
No effort to employ high gain questions
No closing skills
No ability to capture next 5 starts
No post call analysis
No ability to segment market and target accordingly
No weekly calls to share best practices

All those bikini models did was go make tons of calls and constantly hone their messaging. With that model, all of the home office auxiliary staff are left with little to do. Can't have that.

Thankfully, we have them in full control now. We have ridded ourselves of those that would question our ways. The remainder are fully subservient. We can now teach them the Amgen touch. Look to the magnificent success of Enbrel in derm as your example. We are widely admired.

#4DX

Otezla wasn't going to keep growing because of its life cycle. Many things are at work. First, it's not much better than a placebo; however, the side effect profile does make it a good first-line therapy before a real biologic. Second, many drugs that have come out since are better in efficacy and also have minimum side effects.

So, I wouldn't blame everything on Amgen. Although I agree that had Amgen purchased Otezla earlier, it wouldn't have experienced the same growth.
Stop:

Hub became non-existent
Bridge disappeared because of perceived coverage success
Co-pay card had no answer for the influx of accumulator plans
Rep re-alignment
Rep retention was terrible because of significant changes to overalll comp
Significant decrease in Medicare income Threshold
Focus shifting from core messaging to coverage and pull through
Now budget restraints and fear of spending will cost you your job
Busy work for the sake of busy work
Pointless meetings, meeting prep and conference calls to repeat the same things we did for 10 years.

Yeah. The transition from AB has been terrific.

The solution is not to make more calls.

The solution is to fix our messaging. We focus on the wrong things and ignore the important aspects of a dermatologist's practice.

But Amgen only knows one way: create a special project, give it a silly name, sell that project to Ian and Murdo, and then beat the shit out of the sales forces to improve the KPI's on anyone with a negative NBRX that past 24 hours.

We just don't know derm.