• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

David Pyott on Mad Money today

There will be some R&D cuts I believe because it has been rumored Allergan will shelf some projects to appease share holders so that could lead to some minor cuts there.

Working in the field I do think there will be cuts but I'm in Neuro so I don't know how the other sales divisions are run or what could be cut. From what I gather eye-care can see a reduction in numbers.

With Levadex being shelved again they could cut Neuro despite the growth with Botox. NR was hired because of Levadex basically and with that not happening anytime soon I wonder if they consolidate Neuro Sales or look to cut back the NPS or RBM teams. We have a lot of dual roles in Neuro that don't need to be there. I hate to say it but the only thing that makes sense is one sales team that sells all indications to all accounts ie private practice and hospital and one support team that does both reimbursement and practice management. Maybe 150 - 160 sales reps nationally and a reimbursement/practice management support team of 60 or so people. Those would be good numbers and keep Neuro lean with enough support for our customers.

The whole two sales forces for two indications for the same product and same customers was as ill-conceived of an idea as I ever heard of in my time in pharma.

I think we could even see Uro getting rolled into Neuro. Just have a therapeutic sales force. It's stupid we have pods/different divisions.