• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

David Pyott on Mad Money today

Anonymous

Jim Cramer announced that David Pyott will be on Mad Money today (7/9).
They will discuss the Valeant bid and defense, cost cutting and the product pipe line.

3pm PT / 6pm ET on CNBC

<

This is for those who say Ackman has made money ...

BA acquisition average price was $ 126. Without the deal AGN will come to around $ 140 (median analysts opinion). For Ackman to make money, he will have to take profit i.e. sell. When 10 % stock comes in the market OR is likely to come to market, AGN drops further although temporarily. If BA sells, I doubt he can make more than 10 per share out of which comes the legal fees, solicitation costs, proxy materials, opportunity costs etc etc. Of what remains, 15 % has to be given to VRX.

BA acquisition average price was $ 126. Without the deal AGN will come to around $ 140 (median analysts opinion). For Ackman to make money, he will have to take profit i.e. sell. When 10 % stock comes in the market OR is likely to come to market, AGN drops further although temporarily. If BA sells, I doubt he can make more than 10 per share out of which comes the legal fees, solicitation costs, proxy materials, opportunity costs etc etc. Of what remains, 15 % has to be given to VRX.

Poetic justice.

Cramer after your Pyott interview:
So, my bottom line: I am more optimistic about the Allergan stock price without Valeant but I also think it will be very difficult to keep Valeant from winning because of cheap money and raw need and greed from the acquirer's side.

Sounds like if AGN beats these guys (I believe AGN will), there will be significant cuts. As DP stated, his "only" concern is AGN shareholders. He has said time and time again that RD is extremely important to AGN growth so, one would assume no cuts there. Then where? Sales? Mid mgt? Where will these cuts be????

Sounds like if AGN beats these guys (I believe AGN will), there will be significant cuts. As DP stated, his "only" concern is AGN shareholders. He has said time and time again that RD is extremely important to AGN growth so, one would assume no cuts there. Then where? Sales? Mid mgt? Where will these cuts be????

There will be some R&D cuts I believe because it has been rumored Allergan will shelf some projects to appease share holders so that could lead to some minor cuts there.

Working in the field I do think there will be cuts but I'm in Neuro so I don't know how the other sales divisions are run or what could be cut. From what I gather eye-care can see a reduction in numbers.

With Levadex being shelved again they could cut Neuro despite the growth with Botox. NR was hired because of Levadex basically and with that not happening anytime soon I wonder if they consolidate Neuro Sales or look to cut back the NPS or RBM teams. We have a lot of dual roles in Neuro that don't need to be there. I hate to say it but the only thing that makes sense is one sales team that sells all indications to all accounts ie private practice and hospital and one support team that does both reimbursement and practice management. Maybe 150 - 160 sales reps nationally and a reimbursement/practice management support team of 60 or so people. Those would be good numbers and keep Neuro lean with enough support for our customers.

The whole two sales forces for two indications for the same product and same customers was as ill-conceived of an idea as I ever heard of in my time in pharma.

Unfortunately for this purpose (fortunately for us) stock won't drop that much and will likely takeoff after it resets. He will hang on and pat himself on the back unfortunately. Right now he's capped in VRX. There has got to be a tipping point where he would not want this deal. Not sure what that would be.

Analysts have a one year price target, I believe of 179 on us now. We would drop too far below $155 in my opinion...and my opinion shouldn't count for much. Lol

Cuts will be in development projects that are not as promising for drugs to market. Huge money is in those and that is an easy area to clean up. As a matter of fact- this has already started. As far as R&D personel- Could see a little cleaning house but early exists might be first offered for legacy type employees. I think alot of this is lip service too for wall st and investers. They can tell them we are cutting and do so in some regard but the bigger piece of the puzzle is the acquisition they need to make. Use the $15 Billion cash we have and then VRX doesn't have that part of the puzzle to make it work. Will a bank really loan them an additional $15 billion plus whatever the new market cap is on the AGN/acquisition? That is the million dollar question. The risk is if we don't make the correct merger for the correct amount of money (value) then VRX can just get more money and buy the whole shooting match assuming our Senators don't say anything about it!

Unfortunately for this purpose (fortunately for us) stock won't drop that much and will likely takeoff after it resets. He will hang on and pat himself on the back unfortunately. Right now he's capped in VRX. There has got to be a tipping point where he would not want this deal. Not sure what that would be.

Analysts have a one year price target, I believe of 179 on us now. We would drop too far below $155 in my opinion...and my opinion shouldn't count for much. Lol

Dont be surprised if he says no to the deal once VRX reaches 100 and AGN stays around 150 after both announce their 2Q

With Levadex being shelved again they could cut Neuro despite the growth with Botox. NR was hired because of Levadex basically and with that not happening anytime soon I wonder if they consolidate Neuro Sales or look to cut back the NPS or RBM teams. We have a lot of dual roles in Neuro that don't need to be there. I hate to say it but the only thing that makes sense is one sales team that sells all indications to all accounts ie private practice and hospital and one support team that does both reimbursement and practice management. Maybe 150 - 160 sales reps nationally and a reimbursement/practice management support team of 60 or so people. Those would be good numbers and keep Neuro lean with enough support for our customers.

The whole two sales forces for two indications for the same product and same customers was as ill-conceived of an idea as I ever heard of in my time in pharma.

This is spot on.