Culture/Compensation

The truth is in GI most base salaries are $120-$160k. Salix just isn’t paying the market rate anymore. They really used to be leaders in pay for years. Very sad!

But wait a minute. What about all that fat money in the Grind Now Shine Later contest? Surely everyone is grabbing ahold of all that sweet sweet inventive cash! Am I right? After all, “WE ARE SALIX!”

Your sources are inaccurate. However, they arent going to give someone 110 thats currently making 85 it all depends on salary, earnings, history, previous performance .

They aren’t giving anyone $110,000. I came here after a lay-off. I was specialty at another company making more than $110,000. Salix offered me $100,000 and refused to go higher citing the better bonus. Bonus was pretty good it broke even last year. This year, I’m getting screwed on goals and not making half the bonus money I was last year. Looks like that is the trend here for many of us.

They aren’t giving anyone $110,000. I came here after a lay-off. I was specialty at another company making more than $110,000. Salix offered me $100,000 and refused to go higher citing the better bonus. Bonus was pretty good it broke even last year. This year, I’m getting screwed on goals and not making half the bonus money I was last year. Looks like that is the trend here for many of us.
You came in after a lay-off...what do you think your market value is when your jobless? You do realize how ridiculous you sound, right?

I really don’t get it, Salix used to take care of their reps. Now it’s like they just don’t care. It really was a great place to work years ago. Heck even the big pharma companies are paying more and give their people better job stability.

By all means, please do. Lol!

I plan to. And you can stay here in your “specialty” role getting a $78,000 primary care contract salary.

Salix is done. Want proof? Look at that long list of winners in the GNSL contest. You don’t hear a lot about that one anymore do you. Enjoy blowing JC at meetings. Don’t forget to cup the balls.

I plan to. And you can stay here in your “specialty” role getting a $78,000 primary care contract salary.

Salix is done. Want proof? Look at that long list of winners in the GNSL contest. You don’t hear a lot about that one anymore do you. Enjoy blowing JC at meetings. Don’t forget to cup the balls.
Bahahaha! Ok! You definitely have a bright future...go chase after your $300k base salary for flying under the radar. Everyone should follow your lead.

I know for a FACT that you are wrong. I am sorry that it was determined that you weren't worth a salary over 100K. Offers are based off of a combination of current salary ( which yours was 0 btw- which didnt help your cause), and your bonus history/ bonus at plan. (This equals your total compensation). The specialty IC target is 12,500 ( which can be questioned- but that is what the formula is based on and what you will earn at 100%) This puts the total package at salary + 50k.
If a candidate’s total IC (of their current job) exceeds 150k then a salary over over 100K MAY be considered. (IF the hiring manager wants you bad enough AND is willing to fight a little bit for you.
Obviously you did not fall under one of those categories. Maybe it was just the fact that the hiring manager wasn’t willing to fight for you.

As with any pharma co , there are issues here , and bonuses / goals fluctuate, but $$$’s can be made here (maybe not with consistency). All in all this is an above average pharma gig, and your manager makes or breaks the job, and salaries are competitive. (based on what you are currently earning).

You, my friend, stand corrected.

Salix is a shadow of what it used to be. It was never easy but with hard work most were able to get to target payout. When less than ten people in a tower hit target, but the company is hitting record sales, you have to admit there is a problem.

Worst sales leadership in the industry led by a guy who never stood face to face with a doctor in a product conversation. Salix is a laughing stock. We turn a profit in spite of our leadership not thanks to them.

If you like to spend hours writing stupid business and target plans only to have the comp plan change two thirds of the way through the quarter robbing you of any chance to make a decent bonus then Salix is definitely the place for you. If your idea of a great day is a breakfast program followed by a coffee break for thirty people followed by a lunch for 40 where 11 show up and the rest take food home for the week, followed by a snack program for 20 office workers in the late afternoon then Salix is for you. Do you enjoy chasing doctors and pharmacists down for hours on end to get a bowel prep prescription filled? If you do, Salix is just the place for you. Do you look forward to field rides with your manager and RD in the car for two days? Well step right up partner. Salix is right where you want to be. Do you appreciate a bi-polar abusive culture where your job is threatened on a regular basis? Welcome to Salix my friend. Your future is so bright we are going to give you a pair of our knock off Ray Ban sunglasses that we couldn’t sell in Europe.

This right here! Salix sucks.

I know for a FACT that you are wrong. I am sorry that it was determined that you weren't worth a salary over 100K. Offers are based off of a combination of current salary ( which yours was 0 btw- which didnt help your cause), and your bonus history/ bonus at plan. (This equals your total compensation). The specialty IC target is 12,500 ( which can be questioned- but that is what the formula is based on and what you will earn at 100%) This puts the total package at salary + 50k.
If a candidate’s total IC (of their current job) exceeds 150k then a salary over over 100K MAY be considered. (IF the hiring manager wants you bad enough AND is willing to fight a little bit for you.
Obviously you did not fall under one of those categories. Maybe it was just the fact that the hiring manager wasn’t willing to fight for you.

As with any pharma co , there are issues here , and bonuses / goals fluctuate, but $$$’s can be made here (maybe not with consistency). All in all this is an above average pharma gig, and your manager makes or breaks the job, and salaries are competitive. (based on what you are currently earning).

^ Yep ^

Another of Coyle’s frightened little DM minions chiming in. Thanks for your feedback douchebag.

Worst leadership in the industry. They regard us as a replaceable commodity and could care less about the enormous turnover. Average rep tenure is less than two years. Every POA or NSM I meet multiple new team mates for the first time. Ugly, toxic, backstabbing, fear based culture. Horrible.

Fear based culture is 100% the best way to describe Salix. They make ever rep feel like they have no value. Horrible place to work. Low pay and you are constantly berated by your manager.

Also, most pharma companies will go up to $150k base easy for a GI specialty position. Why work somewhere when they cap base salary at $100 or maybe, maybe $110k???? And, other companies respect their reps.

Fear based culture is 100% the best way to describe Salix. They make ever rep feel like they have no value. Horrible place to work. Low pay and you are constantly berated by your manager.

Also, most pharma companies will go up to $150k base easy for a GI specialty position. Why work somewhere when they cap base salary at $100 or maybe, maybe $110k???? And, other companies respect their reps.

JC and his director team are really good at telling us how bad we are at our jobs. But they offer no support or ideas to help. They wouldn’t know what to do in front of a doctor. Sitting in their home offices creating new spreadsheets and playbooks. Worthless fuck sticks.