CTLs to start verifying rep activity

Or could it be that the company is evolving?? CTLs were thought of as freeloaders who had it too easy. Why do you think they increased number of reps for them to monitor? They are probably not being asked to verify every call but will probably pick reps at random and check in on occasion. They do have one office day per week, and they don't usually spend an entire day in the field with reps. I have been here for over 20 years and this doesn't sound illogical. We are trying to cut down on costs, so farming it out costs money. Having a manager do this here and there is reasonable to believe.

I am sure some CTLs do that for their own reasons. I am also sure they would find creative way to not spend an entire office day doing all Merck work. From my own 30 years of experience and just retired, a CTL would waste time to call and verify when he/she needs a little bit more evidence to get rid of a rep.

I still would say 95% of those calls are related to surveys by companies like IMS.

This is true. 5 years ago a doc showed me the Survey. He let me fill it out on myself. No kidding. At the time there was a big push to close for more business. I wrote up one hell of a story on my closing ability. Doc got a 50$ gift card. We both got a good laugh. You see the home office will never win. They need to get back to the days of treating people well. No giving us everything. Just creating a enviroment where people want to come to work everyday. Basic stuff

And what happens when reps are in teams, one new, one years in and with undue influence with staff or doctors completing these forms? The consequences could be harmful for the innocent newcomer. The system needs to be changed. Big problems can occur for people.