• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Crystal Ball Predictions.....2Q

If a territory loses a "third" rep -- through a firing, resignation, retirement -- they are not replacing him with a contract or another Merck employee. This is happening in all states, all types of geographies. The message is clear -- they want two up territories. Managers are being told by directors to make this happen. This is not speculation, exaggeration or doomsday predicting -- these are facts, like them or not.

You are correct. The process has been an accepted action directed by upper management for at least five years, saves the company large sums of money. I am all for it, enhances my stock returns.

If a territory loses a "third" rep -- through a firing, resignation, retirement -- they are not replacing him with a contract or another Merck employee. This is happening in all states, all types of geographies. The message is clear -- they want two up territories. Managers are being told by directors to make this happen. This is not speculation, exaggeration or doomsday predicting -- these are facts, like them or not.

"One-up territories" is already in the 12-month plan, regardless of sales.

We're seeing and hearing about spots of new outside hires. Why not just play checkers with existing reps or bring back a displaced who already know the territories and work? I see they have one up territories and this is happening. A call your post bull. Another layer of cuts?

Where are they hiring full-time Merck employees or contract employees in primary care? What states? I call bull on your post. Please back up your post with facts.